Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did We Deserve It? 21:26 - Oct 23 with 7197 viewsCoventryDale

Did we deserve it from conceding 2 and coming from behind.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2013 21:28]

Poll: Appeal?

Did We Deserve It? on 21:28 - Oct 23 with 6013 viewsdilligas

Maybe not but the record books will say 3-2
Did We Deserve It? on 21:29 - Oct 23 with 6008 viewsCoventryDale

Think we will win Saturday?

Poll: Appeal?

Did We Deserve It? on 21:39 - Oct 23 with 5969 viewspedrodale

This team doesent know when its beat
Did We Deserve It? on 21:47 - Oct 23 with 5952 viewsdilligas

8 wins in 9

The pessimist in me expects us to drop points soon.
Did We Deserve It? on 22:22 - Oct 23 with 5859 viewscrazyhorse

We often don't deserve to win a game and win; and don't deserve to lose a game and lose. Sometimes we deserve to win and win; and sometimes deserve to lose and do indeed lose. Theres the occasional draw we dont deserve but that's another story.

To be honest I don't think an 'undeserved performance means we are due a loss. Results are all a bit crazy but odds lean in our favour with the help of Hills shrewd tactical gambles. Keiths on the money at the moment.
Did We Deserve It? on 22:26 - Oct 23 with 5849 viewsColDale

there's a difference between not playing at our best and not deserving to win.
Did We Deserve It? on 22:44 - Oct 23 with 5803 viewsdingdangblue

Yes we were behind for most of the game but I think for the majority of the match we were the more positive team - I really don't remember Lillis having to face many shots other than the 2 they scored from.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Did We Deserve It? on 22:47 - Oct 23 with 5801 viewswimborne_dale

Perhaps its just a case of not playing our best but still winning - the mark of a really good side?
As for the ability to come from behind - the mark of a really good side perhaps?
As for grabbing late winners and not knowing when they're beaten..... you decide.

Edgar Allan's Crow

Login to get fewer ads

Did We Deserve It? on 23:02 - Oct 23 with 5767 viewsD_Dale

Did We Deserve It? on 21:47 - Oct 23 by dilligas

8 wins in 9

The pessimist in me expects us to drop points soon.

League matches, it's 7 wins out of the last 8 - and 6 by the odd goal.

But I'd agree that a dip in form probably isn't far away, and D&R's recent form is pretty good too (maybe they are also due a dip ). Were it possible, I'd settle for a point.
Did We Deserve It? on 23:06 - Oct 23 with 5751 viewsD_Alien

Did We Deserve It? on 23:02 - Oct 23 by D_Dale

League matches, it's 7 wins out of the last 8 - and 6 by the odd goal.

But I'd agree that a dip in form probably isn't far away, and D&R's recent form is pretty good too (maybe they are also due a dip ). Were it possible, I'd settle for a point.

I'd argue that we're having a dip in form... and winning!

God help the team facing us when we pick our A game up again (e.g. v Newport)

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Did We Deserve It? on 00:09 - Oct 24 with 5667 viewsdingdangblue

Did We Deserve It? on 23:06 - Oct 23 by D_Alien

I'd argue that we're having a dip in form... and winning!

God help the team facing us when we pick our A game up again (e.g. v Newport)

And all without Hogan ( possibly our best player up till his injury) and Chesterfield are struggling without Roberts (definitely their best player up till his injury). Quite amazing how Hery, Allen, Rafferty have just come seamlessly into the team in recent weeks and now Tutte and Donnelly are back also - Hill has built a fantastic squad out of nothing. Miracle worker.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Did We Deserve It? on 00:21 - Oct 24 with 5649 views442Dale

Did We Deserve It? on 00:09 - Oct 24 by dingdangblue

And all without Hogan ( possibly our best player up till his injury) and Chesterfield are struggling without Roberts (definitely their best player up till his injury). Quite amazing how Hery, Allen, Rafferty have just come seamlessly into the team in recent weeks and now Tutte and Donnelly are back also - Hill has built a fantastic squad out of nothing. Miracle worker.

Roberts missed three games after being sent off, he's been back the last couple of matches. The problem there is they've gone from having a settled side to bringing in players like McSheffrey and Porter; they can't play them all and it's changing every week. When they got Evatt in the summer it was rightly seen as a top acquisition, but after he finally got fit he featured in the Morecambe collapse and has since been out and in again.

Also they chose to pick Ryan Edwards last night.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Did We Deserve It? on 13:18 - Oct 24 with 5313 viewsaleanddale

How many Cliches!!

a point may have been a fairer result.

I think dale were the better team over 95 mins especially from 60 onwards when Northampton chose to time waste rather than play football.

we will take the win

3 points in the paper this morning!!

Dag and Red a really good test for us on Sat. They are Flying as well ATM.

I would take a draw now if offered one.

we are due a defeat fingers crossed its later ratehr than sooner.
Did We Deserve It? on 14:44 - Oct 24 with 5252 viewsBrierls

Did We Deserve It? on 22:26 - Oct 23 by ColDale

there's a difference between not playing at our best and not deserving to win.

As much as it pains me to say it, Col has summed it up perfectly in one sentence!

We certainly weren't at our best, but comments that we were "poor" or "awful" are unjust. We were poor at Portsmouth, excellent against Newport, and this was somewhere in the middle. Northampton were better than I expected, and played the most football I've seen them play under Boothroyd (i.e. the ball wasn't launched forward every time!). They defended very well for 80 mins, and I thought Collins was outstanding for them, particlularly in the 2nd half.

Despite not being at our best, I thought we were the better team throughout. So yes, we did deserve the win. This team keeps going till the very end and we're seeing the rewards from that.
Did We Deserve It? on 14:44 - Oct 24 with 5252 viewsKathmandale

Did We Deserve It? on 13:18 - Oct 24 by aleanddale

How many Cliches!!

a point may have been a fairer result.

I think dale were the better team over 95 mins especially from 60 onwards when Northampton chose to time waste rather than play football.

we will take the win

3 points in the paper this morning!!

Dag and Red a really good test for us on Sat. They are Flying as well ATM.

I would take a draw now if offered one.

we are due a defeat fingers crossed its later ratehr than sooner.

D&R have picked up a few wins recently but they've mostly been against the likes of Stanley and the buckets. They've played 4 of the current bottom 5 in the last 6 weeks. The 1-0 over Southend was the only game they've had against a top half side since they drew against Morecambe a month ago.

I'm greedy, I want a win on Saturday. A draw would be a great result for D&R.
Did We Deserve It? on 14:55 - Oct 24 with 5236 viewsJumeirahDale

Absolutely - no fear!

D&R was a great hunting ground for us under Hill the first time around, whoever makes it, sing up and we'll see what happens!
Did We Deserve It? on 16:36 - Oct 24 with 5165 viewsMass_Debater

Did We Deserve It? on 21:29 - Oct 23 by CoventryDale

n/t
[Post edited 24 Oct 2013 16:59]
Did We Deserve It? on 16:38 - Oct 24 with 5160 viewsMass_Debater

Did We Deserve It? on 21:29 - Oct 23 by CoventryDale

Do you?
Did We Deserve It? on 18:29 - Oct 24 with 5057 viewspnc4eva1

Northampton played some good football and were one of the better organised sides to visit Spotland this year.

Dale struggled against a side who's management had done their homework on Dale's style of play. We struggled for most of the night to play a good final ball. However, what was apparent was the increased level of fitness that Hill teams are associated with.

We will struggle against some teams this year, but fitness levels will be the telling factor for us.

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Did We Deserve It? on 18:52 - Oct 24 with 5021 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Did We Deserve It? on 14:55 - Oct 24 by JumeirahDale

Absolutely - no fear!

D&R was a great hunting ground for us under Hill the first time around, whoever makes it, sing up and we'll see what happens!

....agree, lets get at them.

Always loved D&R when Roberts was keeper......now,not so sure.

Hoyte and all that last season. (not in squad last Tuesday?)
Did We Deserve It? on 19:01 - Oct 24 with 5004 viewsColDale

Did We Deserve It? on 14:44 - Oct 24 by Kathmandale

D&R have picked up a few wins recently but they've mostly been against the likes of Stanley and the buckets. They've played 4 of the current bottom 5 in the last 6 weeks. The 1-0 over Southend was the only game they've had against a top half side since they drew against Morecambe a month ago.

I'm greedy, I want a win on Saturday. A draw would be a great result for D&R.

we've given ourselves a platform now where we can afford to try and win every game. Won't always happen, and we might lose the odd game by trying but the bigger picture is that I'd back us to win rather than lose 9 times out of 10.
Did We Deserve It? on 19:56 - Oct 24 with 4930 viewsBigDaveMyCock

This thread sums up quite a few Dale fans at the moment, fookin miserable. When United win without playing well it's astute and a sign of some sort of mental superiority. If we do it it's fookin fraud. I couldn't give two shites if we deserved it or not.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Did We Deserve It? on 20:04 - Oct 24 with 4912 viewsSuddenLad

Hoyte was serving a ban for being sent off in a recent fixture.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Did We Deserve It? on 20:12 - Oct 24 with 4897 viewsMoonyDale

Did We Deserve It? on 19:56 - Oct 24 by BigDaveMyCock

This thread sums up quite a few Dale fans at the moment, fookin miserable. When United win without playing well it's astute and a sign of some sort of mental superiority. If we do it it's fookin fraud. I couldn't give two shites if we deserved it or not.

Oh we certainly deserved the win, from the first minute to the last this team plays the right way, they follow their instructions and they don't deviate from their plan. Good passing football, patient and probing. Knowing full well that chances will come and yet again it proved to be the case. There's one behind me in the Sandy who Fkin moans at every opportunity, screaming get it up the middle when we play it out from the back. Then he shouts get it on the deck if it's hit long....We deserved the win, simple as that..

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Did We Deserve It? on 20:37 - Oct 24 with 4865 viewssandylaner1

Did We Deserve It? on 19:56 - Oct 24 by BigDaveMyCock

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024