Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fixture board 13:55 - Oct 30 with 4782 views442Dale

As of 1.50pm today is still advertising the Northampton game last week.

Spotland had plenty of new visitors on Monday night, the odd one or two might have enjoyed their trip and glanced at the board to see when the football team is playing. It is also half-term with parents passing the ground thinking of what they can do to keep kids entertained.

If it's not being used effectively or doesn't make any difference, then take it down.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Fixture board on 14:09 - Oct 30 with 3634 viewsmacro

It'll be changed within the hour no doubt. Tail wags dog
Fixture board on 14:41 - Oct 30 with 3593 viewsRochblue

I drive past every morning and always notice it's out of date. They should certainly change it within 24 hours or so of the previous match being played in my opinion.
Fixture board on 17:07 - Oct 30 with 3433 viewsRalphs12

Glad I'm not the only one who thought the exact same thing, how silly can you be when expecting a much larger crowd to attend spotland for the night to not change something as simple as the fixture board. Really disappointing when we can use every extra attendee we can get. Poor very poor.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2013 17:07]
Fixture board on 17:52 - Oct 30 with 3373 viewsTalkingSutty

It's those sort of details that show how unprofessional the club is when it comes to off field/ commercial matters. At the end of the day they are letting down Keith Hill because any lost revenue impacts his recruitment capabilities. You can't believe that no member of staff has failed to spot the error,it's not the first time though. Comfort zone springs to mind, does anybody delegate day to day duties up at the club because if they do advertising upcoming fixtures at the front of the stadium should be high up the list.
Fixture board on 17:54 - Oct 30 with 3371 viewsYorkshire_Dale

I regularly travel in and out of Burnley.......they have a huge floodlit billboard (probably 25ft high) on the corner of Harry Potts Way and Todmorden Road.There is also ancillary advertising for the football club just past each corner a few feet beyond the fxture board.

It's always bang up to date and I have been to matches there simply being prompted by the billboard......so it works well.
Fixture board on 17:59 - Oct 30 with 3354 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Fixture board on 17:52 - Oct 30 by TalkingSutty

It's those sort of details that show how unprofessional the club is when it comes to off field/ commercial matters. At the end of the day they are letting down Keith Hill because any lost revenue impacts his recruitment capabilities. You can't believe that no member of staff has failed to spot the error,it's not the first time though. Comfort zone springs to mind, does anybody delegate day to day duties up at the club because if they do advertising upcoming fixtures at the front of the stadium should be high up the list.

Yep.......9000 fans were at San Spotty on Monday.

What an opportunity to promote the Club?
Fixture board on 18:01 - Oct 30 with 3350 viewsBartRowou

It also needs to said that the board is dirty, rusty and in need of a good scrub. Either that or get a new one.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Fixture board on 18:04 - Oct 30 with 3347 viewsD_Alien

But we have a "commercial manager", don't we? Iain somebody or other?

Works very hard though, so we're told. So hard, he needs a chauffeur to drive him to the club whilst he takes a well-earned snooze, thus missing the bleeding obvious on the way in? Or perhaps he works from home?

And yes, I'm hoping someone points this out to him. I'm just a supporter, no official title or status within the club. So I don't count.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Fixture board on 18:04 - Oct 30 with 3341 views442Dale

Fixture board on 17:52 - Oct 30 by TalkingSutty

The planning for forthcoming games should ensure that these sort of tasks are addressed at a certain time. In this case, the fixture board should be changed at half-time or when a game is in progress so that semi-regulars who are leaving after a match might get their attention attracted by it. Not everyone listens to the tannoy/reads the programme at a game.

As mentioned, if it is believed the fixture board can't contribute as above, it should be removed.

And yes, it's telling you what to do.

Fixture board on 19:17 - Oct 30 with 3218 viewsrod_leach

I said exactly this on the way home after the rugby. What a missed opportunity.
Fixture board on 19:18 - Oct 30 with 3218 viewsDaleView

I seem to recall driving through Bury recently and the town boundary sign heralded their (famous) football team and their next match. What about an advertising board on Edinburgh Way situated on the railway bridge - Welcome to Rochdale - Up-the-Dale Visit Spotland.
That'll make an impact knowing what the queues are like in at "rush hour".
Even Ian Whatsisname might spot it!
Fixture board on 19:29 - Oct 30 with 3193 viewsdebbiesfella

This as gone on for years.
Fixture board on 20:28 - Oct 30 with 3090 viewsRalphs12

Fixture board on 19:18 - Oct 30 by DaleView

I seem to recall driving through Bury recently and the town boundary sign heralded their (famous) football team and their next match. What about an advertising board on Edinburgh Way situated on the railway bridge - Welcome to Rochdale - Up-the-Dale Visit Spotland.
That'll make an impact knowing what the queues are like in at "rush hour".
Even Ian Whatsisname might spot it!

Thats a very good idea, always rammed there at rush hour be nice if we could do something like that
Fixture board on 20:30 - Oct 30 with 3088 viewspedrodale

It needs to be a bigger sign alltogether, brought this up with Ian wotsisname a few years back, he thinks his little sign is great and everyone can see it and theres nothing wrong with it so there.
Fixture board on 22:18 - Oct 30 with 2960 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Fixture board on 20:30 - Oct 30 by pedrodale

It needs to be a bigger sign alltogether, brought this up with Ian wotsisname a few years back, he thinks his little sign is great and everyone can see it and theres nothing wrong with it so there.

Two years ago it might have looked fine.......now it is indeed rather tatty.

Surely, our Marketing Maestro could get one of our Club Sponsors (Howarth Timber spring to mind,it's what they do!) to re-vamp our whole advertising fixture boards and give the place a spring clean?

Another job for the Dale Trust?
Fixture board on 00:19 - Oct 31 with 2862 viewsrochdale1987

I'm sure all he worries about is his half time stint and celtic fc, I appreciate hard work goes on with a lot of things at the club, but with the team doing so well i'm yet to see anything from this bloke with regards to marketing the club, and the fixture board is an embarrassment. Should get changed straight after each game, hardly difficult.
Fixture board on 01:23 - Oct 31 with 2841 viewsDaleaholic

I have no faith in our 'Sales and marketing manager'. Missing such blatant opportunities such as Monday night? Surely the club knew that there'd be a good crowd for a few months leading up to the game. Embarassing to be quite honest!

Agree with a post above which mentions how he's happy with his sign, so it's perfect. It seems to be that his way is the best way and nobody else can be right... something which is extremely frustrating when you try and help the club out with new ideas or a fresh perspective on existing aspects of our sales/marketing department and it's pretty much rejected point blank.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Fixture board on 02:34 - Oct 31 with 2831 viewssandylaner1

changing the fixture board should of been the bare minimum expected of the club for monday night, and yet...

i cant comment on the half time viewing on the big screen in the sandy as spent it in the dale bar - but this was an opportunity to advertise everything RAFC and information regarding up coming home fixtures and promotions etc in a 30 second/1 minute clip (would rugby world cup organisers have allowed this idk)

its 2013 and we're still relying on one poverty fixture board
Fixture board on 10:08 - Oct 31 with 2690 viewsD_Alien

I'm just waiting for someome to come on here and ask why we're "having a pop" at a valued member of the Rochdale AFC family.

I'll pre-empt them. It's either:

a) because we're just a bunch of moaning tw@ts with nothing better to complain about when Dale are riding high in the league

b) the club are missing such huge open marketing opportunity goals that if Iain whody'acallit were a centre forward he'd be occupying the bench at Droylsden by now.

[Post edited 31 Oct 2013 10:10]

Fixture board on 10:38 - Oct 31 with 2658 views49thseason

10000 A5 flyers in full colour printed on both sides would cost £50 - Everyone who entered the ground could have been given a fixture list and details of sponsorship opportunities- It would only have needed 4 or 5 people to turn up to a game this season to liquidate the cost of the leaflets. Maybe in the crowd there was a possible match sponsor or even someone who wanted a box for next season. Sadly we may never know because a small finger wasn't extracted. Again! Did the pies run out?
Fixture board on 12:52 - Oct 31 with 2532 views442Dale

12:45pm today: still Northampton.

Fixture board on 12:56 - Oct 31 with 2525 viewsdilligas

So much for the tails wags the dog then… Dog is dead Macro
[Post edited 31 Oct 2013 12:56]
Fixture board on 13:05 - Oct 31 with 2501 viewsdingdangblue

Fixture board on 12:52 - Oct 31 by 442Dale

12:45pm today: still Northampton.

Cobblers

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Fixture board on 14:06 - Oct 31 with 2437 viewsjudd

They could of hired a plane with a big trailing banner in dayglo lettering advertising a game of football to rugby fans.

Then the plane could of buzzed the queues of traffic as it snaked its' way onto the motorway and headed back into the far flung rugby league hotbeds whence they came.

They could of broke into Hornets computer and stole the database of rugby fans so we could tell them about a game of football.

If just 5 rugby fans turned up on Saturday it would make it all the more worthwhile, instead we've a public lynching planned on the Sandy Lane floodlight pylons and the half time draw winner will nominate which one.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Fixture board on 14:09 - Oct 31 with 2428 viewsD_Alien

Fixture board on 14:06 - Oct 31 by judd

They could of hired a plane with a big trailing banner in dayglo lettering advertising a game of football to rugby fans.

Then the plane could of buzzed the queues of traffic as it snaked its' way onto the motorway and headed back into the far flung rugby league hotbeds whence they came.

They could of broke into Hornets computer and stole the database of rugby fans so we could tell them about a game of football.

If just 5 rugby fans turned up on Saturday it would make it all the more worthwhile, instead we've a public lynching planned on the Sandy Lane floodlight pylons and the half time draw winner will nominate which one.

hung, drawn and quartered?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024