Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Studds Bar at Half Time 20:16 - Nov 25 with 8197 viewsWill_RAFC

Dont really want to post something negative with on field results going so well, but need to have a whinge about something.

Went to Studds at 3.40 on Saturday. Was served at 3.57. Many people got fed up and ended up not bothering, with one bloke saying "dont have my money then". This is the longest ive waited (in any bar, ever!) But theres always a long wait.

We have 15 minutes to maximise revenue. It doesn't help with so many people intentionally queue jumping, but when theres no system then this is always going to happen. Cant be difficult to set up a roped queuing area? Would anyone mind if pints were pre poured? They know (or should know) how many Bitter/Lager/Ciders are sold per match and could have an amount ready for the half time rush.

This isn't a personal attack on any of the bar staff. Just think were losing a good amount of money per match and not offering as good of a match day experience as we could.
Studds Bar at Half Time on 20:30 - Nov 25 with 6544 viewsjudd

It really is crap in there.

Wimbledon game, 3 bar staff sat on crates staring at me, the only person at the bar for 5 minutes before one of them finally and begrudingly got off their arse to serve.

Pints are usually slammed down, and the bar staff seem incapable of distinguishing queue jumpers from those who wait patiently.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Studds Bar at Half Time on 20:59 - Nov 25 with 6465 viewswindowsbug

Dont go then.
I like a drink with my dad before the game, but I can survive the 90 minutes without one.
Studds Bar at Half Time on 21:03 - Nov 25 with 6454 viewsjudd

Studds Bar at Half Time on 20:59 - Nov 25 by windowsbug

Dont go then.
I like a drink with my dad before the game, but I can survive the 90 minutes without one.

Good idea.

We'll all stay away.

Studds Bar at Half Time on 21:05 - Nov 25 with 6452 viewsWill_RAFC

Dont go then.

Congratulations. Many people do enjoy a pint at half time, and having to queue for longer than half time to get one is unacceptable. We have the facilities to make some vital money and I'd just like to see that maximised.
Studds Bar at Half Time on 21:05 - Nov 25 with 6452 viewsBigDaveMyCock

What do you expect with that level of limestone underneath the Studd Bar's foundations!! Fookin no-brainer.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Studds Bar at Half Time on 21:07 - Nov 25 with 6445 viewsjudd

Studds Bar at Half Time on 21:05 - Nov 25 by BigDaveMyCock

What do you expect with that level of limestone underneath the Studd Bar's foundations!! Fookin no-brainer.

It's all millstone grit round them parts, especially on the granite-faced harridans what work the bar at times.

Studds Bar at Half Time on 21:11 - Nov 25 with 6430 viewssandylaner1

but can you lot get fanta?
Studds Bar at Half Time on 21:14 - Nov 25 with 6411 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Studds Bar at Half Time on 21:11 - Nov 25 by sandylaner1

Yep and nylons.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Login to get fewer ads

Studds Bar at Half Time on 21:17 - Nov 25 with 6397 viewsjudd

Studds Bar at Half Time on 21:11 - Nov 25 by sandylaner1

If you wait long enough

Studds Bar at Half Time on 22:57 - Nov 25 with 6266 viewsDalenet

As a club we continue to struggle when it comes to knowing how to take revenue. Our bars have the same issue as a theatre bar - you need to get everybody a drink AND give them time to drink it in 15 minutes flat.

So why not take a pre-match order for half time drinks. People pay for their order and collect from the side of the bar. Use a raffle ticket as a receipt. Bar staff prepare each tray 10-15 minutes before half time. But not too early as people don't want flat or warm beer.

But the kiosks are the same. Takes 15 minutes to get served, they still don't have the full stock after 3 months, and on Saturday they had one person serving in the mainstand kiosk as half time started despite having 3 staff behind the counter. You couldn't make it up

I just don't think anybody cares. The Trust have raised it before and the fans have been writing about it on here for at least 5 years.
Studds Bar at Half Time on 23:12 - Nov 25 with 6242 viewsraadale

Kiosks are a joke. The Sandy lane one shut 5 mins before the end of half time on Saturday. loads of people still wandering up looking for drinks ect but turning away. Nice to know we don't need or want the money....
Studds Bar at Half Time on 23:16 - Nov 25 with 6234 viewswindowsbug

Studds Bar at Half Time on 21:05 - Nov 25 by Will_RAFC

Congratulations. Many people do enjoy a pint at half time, and having to queue for longer than half time to get one is unacceptable. We have the facilities to make some vital money and I'd just like to see that maximised.

If your prepared to go through all that just for a pint, do you not think you may have a problem?
Mmmm need beer.
Studds Bar at Half Time on 23:20 - Nov 25 with 6228 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Dont go then.

I think Willy is trying to be constructive here........it's not a case of waiting 90 mins till the game is over.

The Bar is open........fans have money in their sky rockets,get a system organised.

Simples.
Studds Bar at Half Time on 23:27 - Nov 25 with 6218 viewsD_Alien

Studds Bar at Half Time on 23:16 - Nov 25 by windowsbug

If your prepared to go through all that just for a pint, do you not think you may have a problem?
Mmmm need beer.

He's probably been watching Dale longer than you

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Studds Bar at Half Time on 00:02 - Nov 26 with 6186 viewsDaley_Lama

Studds Bar at Half Time on 23:27 - Nov 25 by D_Alien

The queue for the pie/coffee bar inside studds is perfectly observed, classically British queueing.

Same for turnstyles, never any queue jumping.

Single point of sales/entrance in these cases though.

The bar is a different matter however, try queueing in the same style and you get the 15 minute experience.

Said it years ago, a social club style metal barrier with ingress both ends and exit in the middle would improve things somewhat, but even then i reckon some would backflow this.

I prefer my brew and pie but recognise the frustration of those who use the bar above.

Poll: DF in or out

Studds Bar at Half Time on 14:32 - Nov 26 with 5932 viewsChaffRAFC

I don't bother with a half time pint but it really does annoy me how little choice we have in the kiosk in the Sandy. Now that the winter is upon us, I cannot for the life of me understand why we don't sell hot chocolate anymore. I don't drink tea or coffee so the only other option is bovril which I'm not overly keen on. The amount of people who I hear moaning about the lack of hot chocolate is enough to realise it should be available.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Studds Bar at Half Time on 15:14 - Nov 26 with 5892 viewswindowsbug

Studds Bar at Half Time on 23:27 - Nov 25 by D_Alien

I doubt it.
I just cant see the point of all that hassle, just for a pint.
But I do agree, if they're going to sell stuff (beer or whatever) why not make it a more pleasurable experience, and not leave a sour taste. Unlike the beer.
Studds Bar at Half Time on 15:33 - Nov 26 with 5866 views442Dale

Studds Bar at Half Time on 14:32 - Nov 26 by ChaffRAFC

I don't bother with a half time pint but it really does annoy me how little choice we have in the kiosk in the Sandy. Now that the winter is upon us, I cannot for the life of me understand why we don't sell hot chocolate anymore. I don't drink tea or coffee so the only other option is bovril which I'm not overly keen on. The amount of people who I hear moaning about the lack of hot chocolate is enough to realise it should be available.

My lad was well annoyed about the lack of hot chocolate on Saturday. Told him it's a slippery slope and it'll be pitch covers and purple away kits before he knows it. Then, finally, he'll be everybody on the messageboard; the moaning little sod should drink coffee.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Studds Bar at Half Time on 15:41 - Nov 26 with 5852 viewsD_Alien

Studds Bar at Half Time on 15:14 - Nov 26 by windowsbug

I doubt it.
I just cant see the point of all that hassle, just for a pint.
But I do agree, if they're going to sell stuff (beer or whatever) why not make it a more pleasurable experience, and not leave a sour taste. Unlike the beer.

Had you down as a relative youngster when you posted about having a pint with your dad - unless he's ancient?

Agree about the hassle though. I've evolved my own tactics for getting a drink at Studds Bar during halftime, which doesn't involve either a) jumping the queue, b) leaving my seat in the TDS before the halftime whistle, or c) having someone else buy it me

And no... I'm not letting on. And I'm back in my seat for the start of the second half!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Studds Bar at Half Time on 16:14 - Nov 26 with 5816 viewsjudd

Studds Bar at Half Time on 15:41 - Nov 26 by D_Alien

Had you down as a relative youngster when you posted about having a pint with your dad - unless he's ancient?

Agree about the hassle though. I've evolved my own tactics for getting a drink at Studds Bar during halftime, which doesn't involve either a) jumping the queue, b) leaving my seat in the TDS before the halftime whistle, or c) having someone else buy it me

And no... I'm not letting on. And I'm back in my seat for the start of the second half!

Minesweeping.

Bastard.

Studds Bar at Half Time on 16:27 - Nov 26 with 5799 viewsdeeplishblue

Studds Bar at Half Time on 14:32 - Nov 26 by ChaffRAFC

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Studds Bar at Half Time on 20:25 - Nov 26 with 5675 viewsanthonyfield

Sorry to read the experience at half time on Saturday, there was a shortage of staff on the day.
But can I please remind you the bar is open 15 minutes after kick off with normally the first customers arriving at 15:20, if you do leave entering the bar at the half time whistle you should expect a short wait everybody is normally served before second half kick depending on the match attendance.

We have tried a queuing system this doesn't work in the past, bar staff do find it hard at times to know is first to be served, an when orders are shouted out can lose track to know who is next.

We have also tried pouring few beers off to make it faster, this also doesn't work as some customers complain the beer is flat or goes warm. And can end up with a lot wasted beer.
A pre order system, their just isn't the room, plus will get same complaints about the beer, and maybe the odd beer would go missing from the bar.

We will try an improve things sorry if some doesn't make sense
Thank you
Studds Bar at Half Time on 21:19 - Nov 26 with 5618 viewsBeefCurtain

Genuinely don't see any good reason to go in Studds at half time anymore.

I get more pissed at the prices than I do off the watery Carlsberg and waiting at the bar is a gangbang waiting to happen.

Everyone's had beef with beef curtain.

Studds Bar at Half Time on 22:21 - Nov 26 with 5560 views442Dale

Studds Bar at Half Time on 20:25 - Nov 26 by anthonyfield

Sorry to read the experience at half time on Saturday, there was a shortage of staff on the day.
But can I please remind you the bar is open 15 minutes after kick off with normally the first customers arriving at 15:20, if you do leave entering the bar at the half time whistle you should expect a short wait everybody is normally served before second half kick depending on the match attendance.

We have tried a queuing system this doesn't work in the past, bar staff do find it hard at times to know is first to be served, an when orders are shouted out can lose track to know who is next.

We have also tried pouring few beers off to make it faster, this also doesn't work as some customers complain the beer is flat or goes warm. And can end up with a lot wasted beer.
A pre order system, their just isn't the room, plus will get same complaints about the beer, and maybe the odd beer would go missing from the bar.

We will try an improve things sorry if some doesn't make sense
Thank you

Top marks for coming on to explain things.

It's good to see customers are listened to on here and that you take on board comments. Lessons could be learnt from this attitude.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Studds Bar at Half Time on 22:36 - Nov 26 with 5510 viewsG_Dale

Studds Bar at Half Time on 23:12 - Nov 25 by raadale

Kiosks are a joke. The Sandy lane one shut 5 mins before the end of half time on Saturday. loads of people still wandering up looking for drinks ect but turning away. Nice to know we don't need or want the money....

I was one of the last to be served at the sandy kiosk on Saturday. There were still people coming up, only to have the shutter slammed in their faces. And when the steward stuck his head in to see what was going on, no answer was given. The same thing happened tonight. My dad went up with a few minutes of half time left and it was shut again. There was only diet coke to drink (which according to my mate tasted like flat bum hole). No hot choc again. Not hotdogs. really poor effort.

Poll: Dale player. Do you use it?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024