Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Graffiti! Where's it gone? 02:09 - Dec 12 with 4803 viewsPunteR

Must be all the cctv. Good or bad i like it as an art form. I hate the way Banksy has hijacked the notoriety though. The Hammersmith and city line had loads of graffiti. A sub culture that wont be seen again like it was in the 80's and 90;s. QPR was always sprayed somewhere.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Graffiti! Where's it gone? on 17:28 - Jan 10 with 1759 viewsbatmanhoop

I lived in an end house but surprisingly got away with any graffiti although they had a go at my fence. Also, is there a tag system by criminals who alert others of vulnerable households?
Graffiti! Where's it gone? on 17:36 - Jan 10 with 1745 viewsOutWestR

If it's decent graffiti you're after then get yourself down to Stokes Croft in Bristol, loads of really good stuff down there. Not tags either, but decent building murals.
Graffiti! Where's it gone? on 18:21 - Jan 10 with 1724 viewsBrazilNutR

In Brazil i remember reading stories of tags on the front of houses which were codes about the property . best times, etc..

Anyway.. that type of graffiti definately isn't art.

http://www.jacktwo.com/saber
Graffiti! Where's it gone? on 19:45 - Jan 10 with 1703 viewsRangersAreBack

Good graffiti has its place but tagging you can keep. Criminal damage by tossers without an artistic bone in their bodies. Remember that next time your train fares go up.
Graffiti! Where's it gone? on 20:30 - Jan 10 with 1695 viewsBrazilNutR

The story about the artist Saber (www.jacktwo.com/saber is interesting. He is responsible for the biggest ever bit of illegal graffiti,..on the LA river banks..and when the city decided to paint over it..he offered to do it himself from his own pocket..and even turned up on the day with the official color paint.. but instead of let him do it, they called the cops.

The documentary 'Cidade Cinza' (Grey City )www.jacktwo.com/cidade-cinza/ is about similar stuff in Sao Paulo...interesting documentary, worth a watch. you can see the trailer here (English Subtitles)..
Graffiti! Where's it gone? on 20:59 - Jan 10 with 1685 viewsSpiritofGregory

What's good graffiti? Talented artists who place their work on a blank canvass which has been set aside for such work? To me that's not graffiti that's art.

Grafitti is a throw back to the Roman Empire where people used to write rebellous political slogans on property which was not their own. I don't like that type of graffiti as it brings an area down and is not nice for whoever has had their property vandalised.

There was a time during the 90s in some London arears where you couldn't walk down a street without seeing some graffiti and it was considered horrid.
Graffiti! Where's it gone? on 21:03 - Jan 10 with 1684 viewsTheBlob

Graffiti! Where's it gone? on 20:59 - Jan 10 by SpiritofGregory

What's good graffiti? Talented artists who place their work on a blank canvass which has been set aside for such work? To me that's not graffiti that's art.

Grafitti is a throw back to the Roman Empire where people used to write rebellous political slogans on property which was not their own. I don't like that type of graffiti as it brings an area down and is not nice for whoever has had their property vandalised.

There was a time during the 90s in some London arears where you couldn't walk down a street without seeing some graffiti and it was considered horrid.

you mean?......

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Graffiti! Where's it gone? on 21:16 - Jan 10 with 1680 viewsSpiritofGregory

Graffiti! Where's it gone? on 21:03 - Jan 10 by TheBlob

you mean?......

Nearly there.
Login to get fewer ads

Graffiti! Where's it gone? on 23:39 - Jan 16 with 1604 viewsBrazilNutR

Another exhibition in London for those interested..
Described as the Japanese Banksy!

http://www.jacktwo.com/aito

Enjoy
Graffiti! Where's it gone? on 00:58 - Jan 17 with 1592 viewsqueensparker

PERRY BUCKLAND IS INNOCENT

who remembers that on the plastic pitch back in the day?
Graffiti! Where's it gone? on 01:19 - Jan 17 with 1590 viewssaxbend

Graffiti! Where's it gone? on 09:12 - Dec 12 by BasingstokeR

I thought in Italy, they had respected most of the monuments and tourist attractions themselves, whereas places like tran stations etc are absolutely caked in the stuff. And caked in the lowest common denominator tags rather than artworks.

Don't you mean highest common factor? The lowest common denominator is at least as big as the largest term, often much bigger. Highest common factor is the the biggest number that can fit in to all terms, so it can be no bigger than the lowest number, which makes more sense. :)

But yes, Italy, particularly Rome, is stuck in the 80s in a lot of ways. You still see graffiti tags on the tube, but they're scratched into the windows. Not pretty. I imagine everything else got cleaned off so the vandals resorted to a more permanent option while the less malevolent graffiti artists were reluctant to be the first to mark a clean surface.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024