Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
1995 22:15 - Jan 2 with 814 viewsSaintNick

Hard to believe that it is 25 years since Le Tiss had perhaps his greatest ever season and we were playing swashbuckling football under Alan Ball, any one else remember the year

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

1995 on 23:25 - Jan 2 with 767 viewsSaintsforeverj

Was this the year we beat Liverpool 4 2 in the snow at The Dell? Think it might have been the year before 95 but remember Matt's goals well. Also remember standing in the Milton end when we beat villa 4 1 and there was a mini pitch invasion. Then we beat Villa 2 1, the next season with a Le Tiss free kick in the last minute. What a player he was.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

1995 on 23:37 - Jan 2 with 755 viewsthis_charming_man

1995 on 23:25 - Jan 2 by Saintsforeverj

Was this the year we beat Liverpool 4 2 in the snow at The Dell? Think it might have been the year before 95 but remember Matt's goals well. Also remember standing in the Milton end when we beat villa 4 1 and there was a mini pitch invasion. Then we beat Villa 2 1, the next season with a Le Tiss free kick in the last minute. What a player he was.

There was the season before, orange ball game. Alan ball hadn’t been here long then.

Strangely I don’t remember us being that great that season, IF I remember rightly 94/95 season although we finished 10th or 11th which was good for us back then, it was mainly due to a brilliant run at the en doff the season, we started well but i seem to remember us going on a really long run without a win which included am ridiculous amount of draws, something like 9 in 11 with two losses between them. Le Tiss was excellent though and balls tactics were give him the ball and he thrived on it. Of course the early part of the season we had Ronnie ekelund in the team before he if got cut short, only about 10
Games I think
[Post edited 2 Jan 2020 23:51]

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

1995 on 23:50 - Jan 2 with 740 viewsSaintsforeverj

1995 on 23:37 - Jan 2 by this_charming_man

There was the season before, orange ball game. Alan ball hadn’t been here long then.

Strangely I don’t remember us being that great that season, IF I remember rightly 94/95 season although we finished 10th or 11th which was good for us back then, it was mainly due to a brilliant run at the en doff the season, we started well but i seem to remember us going on a really long run without a win which included am ridiculous amount of draws, something like 9 in 11 with two losses between them. Le Tiss was excellent though and balls tactics were give him the ball and he thrived on it. Of course the early part of the season we had Ronnie ekelund in the team before he if got cut short, only about 10
Games I think
[Post edited 2 Jan 2020 23:51]

Le Tiss scored loads against Spurs too, so many goals against them I can remember. 4-3 win at the Dell. What a cracking match that was. I think this was Ball's season.

[Post edited 2 Jan 2020 23:53]

1995 on 23:51 - Jan 2 with 737 viewsthis_charming_man

1995 on 23:50 - Jan 2 by Saintsforeverj

Le Tiss scored loads against Spurs too, so many goals against them I can remember. 4-3 win at the Dell. What a cracking match that was. I think this was Ball's season.

[Post edited 2 Jan 2020 23:53]

Yeah that was just after they’d beaten us 6-2 in the cup.

1995 on 23:56 - Jan 2 with 726 viewsSaintsforeverj

1995 on 23:51 - Jan 2 by this_charming_man

Yeah that was just after they’d beaten us 6-2 in the cup.

Yes, one to forget that! 2 nil up and threw it away. Was sat in the West Stand lower for that. Remember Grobellar making a hash of some of their goals in extra time. Ronnie E, great player. His winning goals v Coventry away come to mind. I was a youngster at the time, at a theme park, tuning into the radio every few minutes to check the score! Great 3 1 win.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2020 23:57]

1995 on 00:09 - Jan 3 with 708 viewsthis_charming_man

I just had a quick look at the fixtures and my memory is superb! We did draw 9 out of 10 league games between 28th December and 18th March, the only game that wasn’t a draw was away at Ipswich where we lost 2-1. We started and finished well that year

One of the strange things were the attendances, Our games at Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday got a bigger attendance that season than saw us play away at arsenal and spurs, we only played in front of more than 25,000 fans on 8 occasions in league and cup that season.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2020 0:10]

1995 on 11:04 - Jan 3 with 569 viewsTimSaint

1995 on 23:56 - Jan 2 by Saintsforeverj

Yes, one to forget that! 2 nil up and threw it away. Was sat in the West Stand lower for that. Remember Grobellar making a hash of some of their goals in extra time. Ronnie E, great player. His winning goals v Coventry away come to mind. I was a youngster at the time, at a theme park, tuning into the radio every few minutes to check the score! Great 3 1 win.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2020 23:57]

We were so on top in the first half v Spurs and 2-0 up, we gave our Season Tickets to our programme selling mate at Half Time - so he could nip out before the end and get us tickets for the next round away to Liverpool.

Was at Coventry away - thought at the time Grob should have saved their goal, but after that, we turned on the style and won at a canter.

TimSaint

1995 on 11:14 - Jan 3 with 563 viewsJaySaint

Great season. Ekelund was a fantastic player...Le Tiss just took the pish

I remember thinking at the 6-2 defeat that something was not right. If I remember rightly, we could have easily gone in at HT 3-0 up?

The 4-3 win against Spurs in the league was a cracking game also.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2020 11:15]

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Login to get fewer ads

1995 on 11:44 - Jan 3 with 537 viewsTimSaint

1995 on 11:04 - Jan 3 by TimSaint

We were so on top in the first half v Spurs and 2-0 up, we gave our Season Tickets to our programme selling mate at Half Time - so he could nip out before the end and get us tickets for the next round away to Liverpool.

Was at Coventry away - thought at the time Grob should have saved their goal, but after that, we turned on the style and won at a canter.

I was also at Ewood Park on that day to remember - when Le Tiss scored THAT goal

Scoring 3 in the last 5 mins at home to Newcastle to win 3-1

Good away wins at Chelsea and Wimbledon. Went to the Bridge with a few Chelsea mates which made it even sweeter.

Watching us away to Man U in a pub in Solihull and was the only one cheering when we went 1 up.

TimSaint

1995 on 09:35 - Jan 4 with 450 viewsNumber_58

1995 on 11:04 - Jan 3 by TimSaint

I remember Matty spurned a good chance to make it 3-0 just before HT. I was sat next to the Spurs fans and I still vividly recall Matt making a two-nil gesture towards them when they goaded him about the miss. Since that night Ive always been a bit uneasy about our players winding up the opposition fans.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024