Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On This Day In History - 14th April 11:45 - Apr 14 with 501 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/52276/on-this-day-in-his

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
On This Day In History - 14th April on 11:58 - Apr 14 with 484 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Talking of Portsmouth, our team headed to the Dell to play the FA Cup finalists Southampton, and we whooped them 2-0.

That was probably Southampton's finest ever team as they managed to get to 2 FA cup finals in 3 years, a feat not managed by any other south coast team until recently.

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

On This Day In History - 14th April on 12:33 - Apr 14 with 466 viewsSaintNick

On This Day In History - 14th April on 11:58 - Apr 14 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Talking of Portsmouth, our team headed to the Dell to play the FA Cup finalists Southampton, and we whooped them 2-0.

That was probably Southampton's finest ever team as they managed to get to 2 FA cup finals in 3 years, a feat not managed by any other south coast team until recently.

Funny how we didn't spend 100 or so years harping on about this fact

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

On This Day In History - 14th April on 12:57 - Apr 14 with 452 viewsthis_charming_man

On This Day In History - 14th April on 11:58 - Apr 14 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

"Talking of Portsmouth" nobody was other than you.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

On This Day In History - 14th April on 13:03 - Apr 14 with 443 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

On This Day In History - 14th April on 12:57 - Apr 14 by this_charming_man

"Talking of Portsmouth" nobody was other than you.

It's at the end of the 3rd paragraph. Get someone to read it to you.

On This Day In History - 14th April on 13:12 - Apr 14 with 431 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

On This Day In History - 14th April on 12:33 - Apr 14 by SaintNick

Funny how we didn't spend 100 or so years harping on about this fact

Probably your best ever team, it's just a shame you didn't win one of the 3 games. if you had, then the date would be enshrined in Soton folklore

On This Day In History - 14th April on 13:13 - Apr 14 with 434 viewsSaintNick

On This Day In History - 14th April on 13:03 - Apr 14 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

It's at the end of the 3rd paragraph. Get someone to read it to you.

Yes you are correct I did mention that Ron Davies was now at Portsmouth so that is obviously a good enough reason for you to find some excuse to bring your team up on here, I also mentioned the number 2 on several occasions I'm surprised that you havent thought of some Pompey related fact that you can tell us using that number.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

On This Day In History - 14th April on 13:23 - Apr 14 with 421 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

On This Day In History - 14th April on 13:13 - Apr 14 by SaintNick

Yes you are correct I did mention that Ron Davies was now at Portsmouth so that is obviously a good enough reason for you to find some excuse to bring your team up on here, I also mentioned the number 2 on several occasions I'm surprised that you havent thought of some Pompey related fact that you can tell us using that number.

OK Nick, I can see you are getting a bit annoyed here, but as you mentioned the number 2, there is a huge relevance to the number 2 with your first ever cup final. ie

Did you realise that Pompey beat you twice in the week before the final on the Saturday.

We beat you on the preceding Saturday at the Dell 2-0, then just 5 days before the final on the Monday (Easter Monday) we again beat you 2-0 at Fratton park. It could just be that your exertions against your neighbours meant you were shattered in the final against Bury.

On This Day In History - 14th April on 13:47 - Apr 14 with 405 viewsTimSaint

Nick - trust me, he will be back posting on your 'On This Day' thread in 2 (there's your 2 reference) days time.

Why he harps on so vehemently about a win that happened 120 years ago is beyond me. Nobody is alive to remember it.

All the games you reference in your 'On This Day' articles will have been attended by at least some of the guys on here, so it makes the articles that much more of an enjoyable read. Keep up the good work.

In terms of derbies though, you are only as good as your last derby game. How did that work out for us ? :o)

TimSaint

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024