Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid-19 and the future for the economy 22:25 - Apr 30 with 910 viewsSadoldgit

My local postie put a post on FB saying that the Royal Mail is going to use the aftermath of the pandemic to shed sh*t loads of jobs. The dropping of the Saturday deliveries is just the start. We know that BA are looking at ditching Gatwick which was not as profitable for them as Heathrow pre virus. What a great opportunity for businesses to shed the less profitable parts of their operations. With people already building up debts and possibly not having a job to go back to, the economic future does not look great.
Covid-19 and the future for the economy on 22:27 - Apr 30 with 691 viewsthis_charming_man

thanks soggy, if we want an outlook as to the future economic outlook of Britain add your postman on Facebook without delay.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 22:30]

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Covid-19 and the future for the economy on 22:30 - Apr 30 with 685 viewsOccasional_Showers

I’ve got an idea, why don’t you blame the Tories?

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Covid-19 and the future for the economy on 22:33 - Apr 30 with 679 viewscocklebreath

Basingstoke council have used it to go 2 weekly on the bins, it won’t go back to weekly, sickening.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Covid-19 and the future for the economy on 22:41 - Apr 30 with 670 viewsthis_charming_man

Covid-19 and the future for the economy on 22:33 - Apr 30 by cocklebreath

Basingstoke council have used it to go 2 weekly on the bins, it won’t go back to weekly, sickening.

I can help them with that :)

We did a project in Portugal last year where they fit wheelie bins with sensors so they only pick ups when they get to 70% or more full. The sensor sends an alert to the depot who will then plan the next two days collections on highest capacity bins, then an automatic text message gets sent to the home owner saying your bin will be collected on .... day. It’s saved them a fortune. Every Portuguese local authority is rolling it out.

Covid-19 and the future for the economy on 22:42 - Apr 30 with 669 viewsSadoldgit

Just on the BBC news, employment in Crawley could drop by up to 50%.
Covid-19 and the future for the economy on 22:43 - Apr 30 with 666 viewsSadoldgit

Covid-19 and the future for the economy on 22:27 - Apr 30 by this_charming_man

thanks soggy, if we want an outlook as to the future economic outlook of Britain add your postman on Facebook without delay.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 22:30]

Grow up and stop posting childish posts.
Covid-19 and the future for the economy on 22:44 - Apr 30 with 662 viewscocklebreath

Covid-19 and the future for the economy on 22:41 - Apr 30 by this_charming_man

I can help them with that :)

We did a project in Portugal last year where they fit wheelie bins with sensors so they only pick ups when they get to 70% or more full. The sensor sends an alert to the depot who will then plan the next two days collections on highest capacity bins, then an automatic text message gets sent to the home owner saying your bin will be collected on .... day. It’s saved them a fortune. Every Portuguese local authority is rolling it out.

That sounds good, give them a ring

Covid-19 and the future for the economy on 22:48 - Apr 30 with 655 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Covid-19 and the future for the economy on 22:33 - Apr 30 by cocklebreath

We've been fortnightly in Hart since I've been here and I always beat up my Councillor friend saying how much better Basingstoke was for waste ......... our lot have started talking about collection every 3 weeks. C*nts. Well over two grand a year council tax for an utter load of bollocks services. Local councils really are a waste of money.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Login to get fewer ads

Covid-19 and the future for the economy on 22:51 - Apr 30 with 649 viewsSadoldgit

Covid-19 and the future for the economy on 22:30 - Apr 30 by Occasional_Showers

I’ve got an idea, why don’t you blame the Tories?

I’ve got an idea, why don’t you engage your brain and make a useful comment for a change.
Covid-19 and the future for the economy on 22:56 - Apr 30 with 647 viewsthis_charming_man

Covid-19 and the future for the economy on 22:43 - Apr 30 by Sadoldgit

Grow up and stop posting childish posts.

I’m not sure what you expect when you open a post about the future of a nations economy by what a postman said on Facebook.

Covid-19 and the future for the economy on 23:04 - Apr 30 with 636 viewscocklebreath

Covid-19 and the future for the economy on 22:48 - Apr 30 by Gennaro_Contaldo

We've been fortnightly in Hart since I've been here and I always beat up my Councillor friend saying how much better Basingstoke was for waste ......... our lot have started talking about collection every 3 weeks. C*nts. Well over two grand a year council tax for an utter load of bollocks services. Local councils really are a waste of money.

3 weeks? That’s not on. One thing Basingstoke is good at is putting traffic lights on roundabouts.

Covid-19 and the future for the economy on 23:15 - Apr 30 with 624 viewsOccasional_Showers

Covid-19 and the future for the economy on 22:51 - Apr 30 by Sadoldgit

I’ve got an idea, why don’t you engage your brain and make a useful comment for a change.

It’s clear you care less about these issues than having a good moan about the nasty Tories. Before this pandemic I bet you were moaning about something else and blaming the Tories for it.

Covid-19 and the future for the economy on 23:18 - Apr 30 with 618 viewsSadoldgit

Covid-19 and the future for the economy on 23:15 - Apr 30 by Occasional_Showers

It’s clear you care less about these issues than having a good moan about the nasty Tories. Before this pandemic I bet you were moaning about something else and blaming the Tories for it.

Ok, you really need to stop acting like a child. Watch tonight’s Question Time. It might help you understand what is actually going on.
Covid-19 and the future for the economy on 23:26 - Apr 30 with 611 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Covid-19 and the future for the economy on 23:04 - Apr 30 by cocklebreath

3 weeks? That’s not on. One thing Basingstoke is good at is putting traffic lights on roundabouts.

Yeah ... all good for driving through on red after 11pm ;) When I lived by the station, all those lights from the M3 ... completely pointless.

And then the drive under the shopping centre past liquid ... loud exhausts ... V8... LISTEN TO MY POWER ... something like that.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 23:27]

Covid-19 and the future for the economy on 23:30 - Apr 30 with 601 viewsOccasional_Showers

Covid-19 and the future for the economy on 23:18 - Apr 30 by Sadoldgit

Ok, you really need to stop acting like a child. Watch tonight’s Question Time. It might help you understand what is actually going on.

If you tried answering a question now and again it might inject some refreshing variation to your otherwise monotone anti Tory drivel.

Covid-19 and the future for the economy on 23:34 - Apr 30 with 596 viewsSadoldgit

Covid-19 and the future for the economy on 23:30 - Apr 30 by Occasional_Showers

If you tried answering a question now and again it might inject some refreshing variation to your otherwise monotone anti Tory drivel.

You are the one politicalising this thread.
Covid-19 and the future for the economy on 23:37 - Apr 30 with 594 viewsSadoldgit

Covid-19 and the future for the economy on 23:15 - Apr 30 by Occasional_Showers

Seriously, have a look at yourself. You are the one raising the issue of nasty Tories. I am talking about the way that businesses could be looking to use this as an opportunity to reorganise on the cheap.
Covid-19 and the future for the economy on 23:44 - Apr 30 with 588 viewsthis_charming_man

Covid-19 and the future for the economy on 23:37 - Apr 30 by Sadoldgit

Seriously, have a look at yourself. You are the one raising the issue of nasty Tories. I am talking about the way that businesses could be looking to use this as an opportunity to reorganise on the cheap.

ahh The old look at yourself. Stop being so childish tactic. Answer a few questions and have a few opinions of your own, that may help you.

Covid-19 and the future for the economy on 23:44 - Apr 30 with 588 viewsOccasional_Showers

Covid-19 and the future for the economy on 23:34 - Apr 30 by Sadoldgit

You are the one politicalising this thread.

When questions are put to you which you don’t like you have a consistent habit of failing to answer them. You hate the Tories and blame them for everything - that’s fine, it’s your right to hold irrational views, but you must occasionally at least try to justify those views by answering questions that don’t necessarily fit comfortably with your party political broadcasts.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 23:45]

Covid-19 and the future for the economy on 23:54 - Apr 30 with 571 viewsSadoldgit

Covid-19 and the future for the economy on 23:44 - Apr 30 by this_charming_man

ahh The old look at yourself. Stop being so childish tactic. Answer a few questions and have a few opinions of your own, that may help you.

I think that your love in with Dune is very sweet, but it does zero for your credibility.
Covid-19 and the future for the economy on 23:57 - Apr 30 with 567 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Covid-19 and the future for the economy on 23:37 - Apr 30 by Sadoldgit

You're absolutely right, there are already major businesses using this as an 'excuse' to cull a few people. There are some really scummy companies around, hopefully someone is keeping track of them.

Covid-19 and the future for the economy on 00:09 - May 1 with 561 viewsthis_charming_man

Covid-19 and the future for the economy on 23:54 - Apr 30 by Sadoldgit

I think that your love in with Dune is very sweet, but it does zero for your credibility.

When my credibility drops to your levels I’ll consider a change of approach

Covid-19 and the future for the economy on 07:13 - May 1 with 498 views1ASIN12

Is this a surprise to you ? Did you really need your postman to point this out?

Everyone I’ve spoken to think that the world will be in a recession as a direct result of This epidemic .
Yes some companies will grow and become stronger but the vast majority will suffer and result in people losing their jobs.

You can’t shut the economy down for a couple of months and expect it to return to normal when eventually it reopens.

Personally I think the government have done ok with the job retraining scheme it will save some jobs but not all .

I work in the aviation industry and its being hit hard , when I told I guy at work about redundancy’s he was shocked like it hadn’t even crossed his mind - we do our furlough and then everything returns to normal.

It’s a bit like some people who were shocked that the economy shrunk 5% or whatever it was during the lockdown or surprised that as more places reopen there is more traffic on the roads. People have work at those places for a start .
Covid-19 and the future for the economy on 08:50 - May 1 with 452 viewsSadoldgit

I didn’t need him to point it out but he did go into detail about what is happening and why they think that is, which, of course, is at odds with RM’s official position.
Covid-19 and the future for the economy on 08:54 - May 1 with 448 viewsOccasional_Showers

Covid-19 and the future for the economy on 08:50 - May 1 by Sadoldgit

I didn’t need him to point it out but he did go into detail about what is happening and why they think that is, which, of course, is at odds with RM’s official position.

Isn’t it a little weird to follow your postman on Facebook?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024