Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Here we go 07:22 - May 14 with 706 viewssaint22

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/may/13/treasury-tax-hikes-pay-freezes-

Start by canning the HS2
Here we go on 08:22 - May 14 with 664 viewsOccasional_Showers

Quelle surprise.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Here we go on 08:41 - May 14 with 643 viewsPatfromPoole

The Government know which staff have been furloughed from the details of the claims submitted by their employers under the Job Retention Scheme.

Why can’t they adjust the tax codes of these people to give them a reduced personal allowance in the next couple of tax years?

Speaking as a non-furloughed person who has taken on a lot more work whilst furloughed people are not actually allowed to work but still get 80% of their normal salary. So I could arguably be deemed to have an agenda.

Doesn’t seem entirely equitable that people who have continued to work should have to take on a big burden.

And I am fortunate that I am in a job which does not expose me to the virus. I am lucky enough to be able to work from home.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Here we go on 09:03 - May 14 with 625 viewsMytchettSaint

Here we go on 08:41 - May 14 by PatfromPoole

The Government know which staff have been furloughed from the details of the claims submitted by their employers under the Job Retention Scheme.

Why can’t they adjust the tax codes of these people to give them a reduced personal allowance in the next couple of tax years?

Speaking as a non-furloughed person who has taken on a lot more work whilst furloughed people are not actually allowed to work but still get 80% of their normal salary. So I could arguably be deemed to have an agenda.

Doesn’t seem entirely equitable that people who have continued to work should have to take on a big burden.

And I am fortunate that I am in a job which does not expose me to the virus. I am lucky enough to be able to work from home.

A great idea Pat and a simple one to enforce.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Here we go on 09:16 - May 14 with 607 viewsPatfromPoole

Here we go on 09:03 - May 14 by MytchettSaint

A great idea Pat and a simple one to enforce.

I guess one problem with it is that it would be a regressive move, arguably penalising those at the lower end of the pay scale.

Therefore difficult to enforce politically. Particularly when the majority of the working population in the private sector are currently furloughed.

Here we go on 09:48 - May 14 with 593 viewssaint22

I too have worked all through this and continue to do so
I am sure it will be us who already pay high taxes that face further hikes and receive very little benefit in correlation to what we pay
Here we go on 09:52 - May 14 with 589 viewsOccasional_Showers

It might surprise you to know I have a different point view on that.

I would prefer to see a public sector pay freeze.

Here we go on 09:53 - May 14 with 587 viewsOccasional_Showers

Here we go on 09:16 - May 14 by PatfromPoole

I guess one problem with it is that it would be a regressive move, arguably penalising those at the lower end of the pay scale.

Therefore difficult to enforce politically. Particularly when the majority of the working population in the private sector are currently furloughed.

And it’s those private sector workers that are the difference between a Tory government staying in power and Labour getting in. Look after the voters that matter.

Here we go on 10:12 - May 14 with 569 viewsPatfromPoole

Here we go on 09:52 - May 14 by Occasional_Showers

It might surprise you to know I have a different point view on that.

I would prefer to see a public sector pay freeze.

Including the front-line NHS, sir?

Not sure that would go down too well....

Login to get fewer ads

Here we go on 10:44 - May 14 with 549 viewsOccasional_Showers

Here we go on 10:12 - May 14 by PatfromPoole

Including the front-line NHS, sir?

Not sure that would go down too well....

That would be awkward. I think perhaps an exception could be made in certain limited circumstances.

Here we go on 10:44 - May 14 with 547 viewsBicester_North

Here we go on 09:48 - May 14 by saint22

I too have worked all through this and continue to do so
I am sure it will be us who already pay high taxes that face further hikes and receive very little benefit in correlation to what we pay

You really need to see a psychiatrist Ben, why do you feel the need to lie to strangers about your personal circumstances?

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Here we go on 12:55 - May 14 with 493 viewsfranniesTache

It's obviously necessary to re-coup the cash but it's also very simplistic to do it this way, many of us still in full time employment have taken voluntary pay cuts to get through this period.

What i'd prefer to see is the government follow the route that says there's no financial help for people or organisations that don't currently pay their fair share of taxes.
[Post edited 14 May 2020 12:55]
Here we go on 13:25 - May 14 with 471 viewsJaySaint

I am sure we will see a tax increase and part of which will be wrapped up as an 'NHS tax' or something. And we will all be happy about it

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Here we go on 13:31 - May 14 with 465 viewsPatfromPoole

I saw the Governor of the Bank of England on Peston’s show on ITV last night.

Seems an oddly likeable chap.

He seemed relatively comfortable with the debt position, given the very low interest rates.

We are already paying an obscene amount of money in interest on the national debt though. Dread to think what it is going to be in the next few years.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024