Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First ministerial resignation in response to Cummings' nationwide tour 11:25 - May 26 with 1229 viewsDorsetIan

Is this story going away?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52806086

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

First ministerial resignation in response to Cummings' nationwide tour on 11:29 - May 26 with 1210 viewsSadoldgit

The government have badly misjudged the mood of the people over this issue.
First ministerial resignation in response to Cummings' nationwide tour on 11:40 - May 26 with 1214 viewsDorsetIan

First ministerial resignation in response to Cummings' nationwide tour on 11:29 - May 26 by Sadoldgit

I agree but I think their calculation is that the story will eventually go away and that the public has a very short memory. I think they also calculate that Cummings will help dig them out of the hole they are in.

Only question now is if/when the story will go away, and that is likely to depend on the continued negative response from Tory MPs and from the usually Troy supporting press.
[Post edited 26 May 2020 11:40]

First ministerial resignation in response to Cummings' nationwide tour on 11:46 - May 26 with 1210 viewssolent_toffee

First ministerial resignation in response to Cummings' nationwide tour on 11:29 - May 26 by Sadoldgit

It’s dead sunny and will be for the next few weeks, everyone will get out there enjoy themselves and this will all blow over. The British public’s general outrage about most things has a short lifespan. Johnson knows this and that’s why he responded/dodged the questions last night. He will decrease the restrictions as well by the end of the week and this time next week, people will have moved on.
First ministerial resignation in response to Cummings' nationwide tour on 11:56 - May 26 with 1192 viewsSadoldgit

Will the loved ones and relatives of those who have died move on? The story might well die down but the resentment is not going away in a hurry.
First ministerial resignation in response to Cummings' nationwide tour on 12:02 - May 26 with 1198 viewsBison

First ministerial resignation in response to Cummings' nationwide tour on 11:56 - May 26 by Sadoldgit

Will the loved ones and relatives of those who have died move on? The story might well die down but the resentment is not going away in a hurry.

If you had said

Will my loved ones and relatives move on from the deaths you might have a point , but using the deaths and grief of people you have never met to make a political point is in extreme bad taste.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

First ministerial resignation in response to Cummings' nationwide tour on 12:37 - May 26 with 1158 viewsSadoldgit

First ministerial resignation in response to Cummings' nationwide tour on 12:02 - May 26 by Bison

If you had said

Will my loved ones and relatives move on from the deaths you might have a point , but using the deaths and grief of people you have never met to make a political point is in extreme bad taste.

Why is it in bad taste? Have you not read the many posts on various social media expressing anger by those who have lost loved ones? Are they in bad taste?
First ministerial resignation in response to Cummings' nationwide tour on 12:52 - May 26 with 1155 viewsBison

First ministerial resignation in response to Cummings' nationwide tour on 12:37 - May 26 by Sadoldgit

Why is it in bad taste? Have you not read the many posts on various social media expressing anger by those who have lost loved ones? Are they in bad taste?

No I don't do social media as it's full of idiots doing exactly what you are doing and justifying it by saying everyone is doing it. The Mrs showed me a picture that everyone is re posting or whatever you call it of a packed beach on the South Coast , in the water you can clearly see 2 cruise liners . Since when have cruise ships been sailing from Southampton since all this began ?

If TUI is social media I'm guilty but I joined this to talk about Saints not to score points off dead people I don't know.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

First ministerial resignation in response to Cummings' nationwide tour on 13:11 - May 26 with 1134 viewsSadoldgit

First ministerial resignation in response to Cummings' nationwide tour on 12:52 - May 26 by Bison

No I don't do social media as it's full of idiots doing exactly what you are doing and justifying it by saying everyone is doing it. The Mrs showed me a picture that everyone is re posting or whatever you call it of a packed beach on the South Coast , in the water you can clearly see 2 cruise liners . Since when have cruise ships been sailing from Southampton since all this began ?

If TUI is social media I'm guilty but I joined this to talk about Saints not to score points off dead people I don't know.

Then perhaps stick to the football threads and not read the political ones?
Login to get fewer ads

First ministerial resignation in response to Cummings' nationwide tour on 13:53 - May 26 with 1124 viewskingolaf

I voted for Boris to be PM. I think he’s doing ok.

But, seeing him and other senior ministers supporting Cummings and his bullsh*t story is making me think again.

He needs to go. It is obvious to most that he did what he wanted during lockdown, unlike the rest of the country. It’s embarrassing.
First ministerial resignation in response to Cummings' nationwide tour on 13:57 - May 26 with 1122 viewsRednWight

First ministerial resignation in response to Cummings' nationwide tour on 12:52 - May 26 by Bison

I think the cruise liners are anchored up offshore because of the berth fees
Certainly some off Sandown bay

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

First ministerial resignation in response to Cummings' nationwide tour on 15:03 - May 26 with 1074 viewsSadoldgit

First ministerial resignation in response to Cummings' nationwide tour on 13:57 - May 26 by RednWight

I have a friend who lives in Southend. He has sent me recent pictures of the crowded beaches there.
First ministerial resignation in response to Cummings' nationwide tour on 15:21 - May 26 with 1069 viewsRonManager

First ministerial resignation in response to Cummings' nationwide tour on 13:57 - May 26 by RednWight

marinetraffic.com will show you the position of all vessels with AIS info. Passenger vessels are shown in blue.

I can remember when the internet was all fields

First ministerial resignation in response to Cummings' nationwide tour on 15:32 - May 26 with 1050 viewsDorsetIan

First ministerial resignation in response to Cummings' nationwide tour on 15:21 - May 26 by RonManager

marinetraffic.com will show you the position of all vessels with AIS info. Passenger vessels are shown in blue.

That's a cool site. Gives a real sense of the amount of cargo and oil that is moving. Some lonely looking fishing boats in the southern ocean too. I wouldn't fancy that!

First ministerial resignation in response to Cummings' nationwide tour on 16:00 - May 26 with 1034 viewsRonManager

First ministerial resignation in response to Cummings' nationwide tour on 15:32 - May 26 by DorsetIan

That's a cool site. Gives a real sense of the amount of cargo and oil that is moving. Some lonely looking fishing boats in the southern ocean too. I wouldn't fancy that!

Indeed, I'm a fan of Deadliest Catch on Quest. Great respect to those crews in the Bering sea.

I can remember when the internet was all fields

First ministerial resignation in response to Cummings' nationwide tour on 16:06 - May 26 with 1027 viewsJaySaint

If you are a proper maritime geek, you can track vessels using MMSI Nos, too. Assuming they have one assigned.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

First ministerial resignation in response to Cummings' nationwide tour on 16:25 - May 26 with 1017 viewsSoton

They move the cruise ships around to keep the engines and generators in use
First ministerial resignation in response to Cummings' nationwide tour on 17:10 - May 26 with 989 views1885_SFC

There are several large cruise liners anchored off Weymouth Bay as I type...

https://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/18438404.five-cruise-ships-now-weymouth-bay/

Old School is Cool

First ministerial resignation in response to Cummings' nationwide tour on 18:16 - May 26 with 963 viewskernow

First ministerial resignation in response to Cummings' nationwide tour on 16:06 - May 26 by JaySaint

If you are a proper maritime geek, you can track vessels using MMSI Nos, too. Assuming they have one assigned.

What's a maritime geek Jay?
What do you do?
Spin doctor?
First ministerial resignation in response to Cummings' nationwide tour on 18:41 - May 26 with 953 viewsthissceptredsaint

First ministerial resignation in response to Cummings' nationwide tour on 12:02 - May 26 by Bison

If you had said

Thats exactly what you have done.

It's a fair question to ask, from someone obviously displaying a level of empathy not on offer to the psycho's mindlessly supporting an equally psychopathic government
First ministerial resignation in response to Cummings' nationwide tour on 19:40 - May 26 with 935 viewskentsouthampton

You do know there are laid up cruise liners moored all along the south coast?
First ministerial resignation in response to Cummings' nationwide tour on 20:08 - May 26 with 908 viewsHappy_Jack

First ministerial resignation in response to Cummings' nationwide tour on 11:46 - May 26 by solent_toffee

It’s dead sunny and will be for the next few weeks, everyone will get out there enjoy themselves and this will all blow over. The British public’s general outrage about most things has a short lifespan. Johnson knows this and that’s why he responded/dodged the questions last night. He will decrease the restrictions as well by the end of the week and this time next week, people will have moved on.

Exactly. All they have to do is sit tight and ride this one out. When they have a confirmed date for pubs to reopen Boris should wheel the coont out to make the announcement personally. This should all blow over. Cummings is an arrogant bell end though it has to be said.

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who do you think the best Prime Minister of the last 40 years has been?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024