Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
#BeKind 10:58 - May 27 with 4006 viewsBoris_

Just wondering, if the abuse directed at Cummings outside his family home became too much for him and he topped himself, would those abusing him see that as a victory?

Was him driving to his second home that bad, that it warranted pushing him to end his life?

The hysteria about a bloke isolating in his second home and going for a quick drive is so out of proportion to the 'crime' . He didn't rape anyone, or kill someone... he drove to his second home to isolate as he put his child first.

I am interested to see how far the activists on here want to see things go? I see on Twitter the vast majority of Labour activists fully support his family being hounded and abused outside his private home.

Poll: Claude Puel

#BeKind on 11:20 - May 27 with 1899 viewsSalisburySaint

Nor right, but neither is this.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/church-of-england-bishops-death-thre
#BeKind on 11:35 - May 27 with 1865 viewsSadoldgit

I read this take on it earlier and wondered how long it would be before this was thrown into the mix to help try and excuse his behaviour.

They are completely different circumstances unless you will have us believe that Dominic Cummings life is similar to a TV personality?

He lives his life using PR to sell his spin. There is a certain irony that he is now at the other end of it. He has fed lies and arm lies to the press for years and has made his career out of using the same people now looking to tear him down.

Is it pleasant? No. Ask Dianne Abbott about it. Ask Jeremy Corbyn about it. Ask Ed Milliband about it.

But let’s not try and conflate Caroline Flack snd Dominic Cummings here. He is employed for his judgement and has shown zero in this instance. He has broken his own rules and has shown not one iota of remorse or contrition. The media wolf pack have always gone after the latest story and always will. Why should they treat a government advising hypocrite any differently? Whilst I don’t condone it, he has brought it upon himself.

If you are talking about Being Kind, perhaps he should Be Kind to the voters he has stuck two fingers up to and do the decent thing and resign?

No doubt the two Bishops who received deaths threats for speaking out against him could also do with a bit more kindness?
#BeKind on 11:35 - May 27 with 1872 viewsDorsetIan

I don't condone anyone being abused outside their homes but do you remember Dominic Cummings' response when MPs were complaining about the Brexit abuse that they were receiving (that was when Boris responded to female MPs complaints in Parliament by telling them it was humbug). Anyway, here is Cummings' approach to such problems...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/26/dominic-cummings-delivering-bre

Just get it done was what he said. I think we might say here, 'just resign'.

We can argue about how heinous his actions were that's not the point. Polling suggests that the vast majority (far more than 52%) think he broke the rules and therefore he should go. Anyone else in his position would have gone days ago. Boris and Cummings had strung this out unreasonably. No one else.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

#BeKind on 11:39 - May 27 with 1865 viewssaint22

I am still trying to work out what person with a brain would drive their family in a car if they thought there eyesight was failing?
Plus can his wife not drive?

#nomoralcompass
#BeKind on 11:48 - May 27 with 1849 viewsSadoldgit

https://www.indy100.com/article/dominic-cummings-caroline-flack-be-kind-mental-h
#BeKind on 11:53 - May 27 with 1845 viewsSadoldgit

https://www.ccn.com/tragic-caroline-flacks-be-kind-movement-doesnt-excuse-vile-b
#BeKind on 12:01 - May 27 with 1843 viewsBoris_

#BeKind on 11:35 - May 27 by Sadoldgit

I read this take on it earlier and wondered how long it would be before this was thrown into the mix to help try and excuse his behaviour.

They are completely different circumstances unless you will have us believe that Dominic Cummings life is similar to a TV personality?

He lives his life using PR to sell his spin. There is a certain irony that he is now at the other end of it. He has fed lies and arm lies to the press for years and has made his career out of using the same people now looking to tear him down.

Is it pleasant? No. Ask Dianne Abbott about it. Ask Jeremy Corbyn about it. Ask Ed Milliband about it.

But let’s not try and conflate Caroline Flack snd Dominic Cummings here. He is employed for his judgement and has shown zero in this instance. He has broken his own rules and has shown not one iota of remorse or contrition. The media wolf pack have always gone after the latest story and always will. Why should they treat a government advising hypocrite any differently? Whilst I don’t condone it, he has brought it upon himself.

If you are talking about Being Kind, perhaps he should Be Kind to the voters he has stuck two fingers up to and do the decent thing and resign?

No doubt the two Bishops who received deaths threats for speaking out against him could also do with a bit more kindness?

So you are saying because he works in politics, his life is expendable?

Caroline Flack was a domestic abuser and also someone who dated a 16 year old when she was in her 30's ( reverse that round and a bloke would be labelled a paedophile ) yet there was a public outcry to #BeKind when she died.

Nobody is trying to make excuses for him, I just wonder whether you think it's appropriate for press and labour supporters to be camped outside his family home that he shares with his 4 year old child hurling abuse at him ( whilst breaking the very social distancing rules they are so 'livid' about him apparently breaking )
[Post edited 27 May 2020 12:04]

#BeKind on 12:10 - May 27 with 1826 viewsJaySaint

#BeKind on 12:01 - May 27 by Boris_

Caroline Flack was a domestic abuser and also someone who dated a 16 year old when she was in her 30's ( reverse that round and a bloke would be labelled a paedophile ) yet there was a public outcry to #BeKind when she died.

Nobody is trying to make excuses for him, I just wonder whether you think it's appropriate for press and labour supporters to be camped outside his family home that he shares with his 4 year old child hurling abuse at him ( whilst breaking the very social distancing rules they are so 'livid' about him apparently breaking )

Pictures of Allistair Campbell breaking lockdown rules doing the rounds..

all very different of course!

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Login to get fewer ads

#BeKind on 12:11 - May 27 with 1818 viewsSadoldgit

#BeKind on 12:01 - May 27 by Boris_

Where do I say that anyone’s life is expendable? Where do I say that it is ok for the press to hound him or anyone else for that matter?

The next time Dianne Abbott gets hounded by the media I look forward to the same level of support from you for her.

I have added two very good links which explain why the two situations are not the same. Read them.

This is just another one of your attempts to deflect from what the real issue is here.
#BeKind on 12:12 - May 27 with 1819 viewssaint22

#BeKind on 12:10 - May 27 by JaySaint

Pictures of Allistair Campbell breaking lockdown rules doing the rounds..

all very different of course!

Irrelevant now who breaks the lockdown rules since BoJo and Dumbinic have given everyone a free hit
#BeKind on 12:16 - May 27 with 1810 viewsJaySaint

#BeKind on 12:12 - May 27 by saint22

Irrelevant now who breaks the lockdown rules since BoJo and Dumbinic have given everyone a free hit

I agree. so lets all just move on, yes?

#BeKind on 12:33 - May 27 with 1786 viewsBoris_

#BeKind on 12:11 - May 27 by Sadoldgit

Where do I say that anyone’s life is expendable? Where do I say that it is ok for the press to hound him or anyone else for that matter?

The next time Dianne Abbott gets hounded by the media I look forward to the same level of support from you for her.

I have added two very good links which explain why the two situations are not the same. Read them.

This is just another one of your attempts to deflect from what the real issue is here.

Caroline Flack was a serial domestic abuser and a few months away from being a Child Abuser and Paedophile.

Dominic Cummings decided to self-isolate at his second home.

Give your head a wobble and get some perspective.

#BeKind on 13:05 - May 27 with 1760 viewsJaySaint

#BeKind on 13:11 - May 27 with 1753 viewssaint22

#BeKind on 12:16 - May 27 by JaySaint

I agree. so lets all just move on, yes?

#accountability
#BeKind on 13:32 - May 27 with 1735 viewsBoris_

#BeKind on 13:05 - May 27 by JaySaint

And there we have the real reason all of this faux outrage has come about.

Luckily Boris has a huge majority for the next 5 years which was won on a manifesto of 'Get Brexit Done' so the bitter remoaning will get them nowhere.

#BeKind on 13:41 - May 27 with 1729 viewsRednWight

How can you say he put his child first by
1. Putting said child in a car for around 5 hours with 2 possible virus carriers ?
2. Putting child in car with a person who wasn’t sure if his eyesight was good enough to drive ?
It’s the usual , don't do as I do , do as I tell you
And before you throw it at me I voted to leave the EU

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

#BeKind on 13:45 - May 27 with 1725 viewsBoris_

#BeKind on 13:41 - May 27 by RednWight

How can you say he put his child first by
1. Putting said child in a car for around 5 hours with 2 possible virus carriers ?
2. Putting child in car with a person who wasn’t sure if his eyesight was good enough to drive ?
It’s the usual , don't do as I do , do as I tell you
And before you throw it at me I voted to leave the EU

What did you want him to do? Follow Kate and Gerry McCann ( who the media f*cking love for some reason ) and lock his son in a room until they no longer have Covid-19? Regardless of the fact that Covid-19 is harmless to physically healthy children of that age.

#BeKind on 13:48 - May 27 with 1720 viewsRednWight

#BeKind on 13:45 - May 27 by Boris_

What did you want him to do? Follow Kate and Gerry McCann ( who the media f*cking love for some reason ) and lock his son in a room until they no longer have Covid-19? Regardless of the fact that Covid-19 is harmless to physically healthy children of that age.

Covid being harmless to a child is debatable
Driving with defective eyesight is not

#BeKind on 13:59 - May 27 with 1707 viewsJaySaint

#BeKind on 13:48 - May 27 by RednWight

lets be honest, most of us have broken the rules to some extent and have not lost our jobs.

it was fun pointing at Kinnock but there was never a rush to demand his job.

this is all bizarre and all about BREXIT.
It will only get worse over the next month with David Frost yet to feel the wrath

All so predictable

#BeKind on 14:00 - May 27 with 1705 viewsBoris_

#BeKind on 13:48 - May 27 by RednWight

How many Children under the age of 5 have been hospitalised from Covid-19?

#BeKind on 14:07 - May 27 with 1696 viewsDorsetIan

#BeKind on 13:32 - May 27 by Boris_

And there we have the real reason all of this faux outrage has come about.

Luckily Boris has a huge majority for the next 5 years which was won on a manifesto of 'Get Brexit Done' so the bitter remoaning will get them nowhere.

You know that the outrage isn't 'faux'.

Like the govt ministers tying themselves in knots to defend the indefensible here, you just undermine your own integrity by trying to pretend that the public's clear view is somehow not a very reasonable or completely understandable response.

As a Brexit fan, I would have thought you would be all in favour in listening to the 'will of the people'. Or are you saying that the public is too thick to know its own mind?

#BeKind on 14:13 - May 27 with 1690 viewsBoris_

#BeKind on 14:07 - May 27 by DorsetIan

You know that the outrage isn't 'faux'.

Like the govt ministers tying themselves in knots to defend the indefensible here, you just undermine your own integrity by trying to pretend that the public's clear view is somehow not a very reasonable or completely understandable response.

As a Brexit fan, I would have thought you would be all in favour in listening to the 'will of the people'. Or are you saying that the public is too thick to know its own mind?

It is for the vast majority of the country. 95%+ of people being most vociferous are Labour supporters or Remainers who hated Cummings long before his road trip.

Personally I think his job is untenable and he should go. Brexit is signed, sealed and delivered so there's nothing the remoaners can do now. The ironic thing is that without Cummings, a No Deal Brexit in December is even more likely.

It would be ironic if we ended up with no deal based on remoaners ousting out Cummings.

#BeKind on 14:34 - May 27 with 1670 viewsRednWight

#BeKind on 14:00 - May 27 by Boris_

How many Children under the age of 5 have been hospitalised from Covid-19?

I’ve honestly no idea
I’m fairly sure some have been hospitalised by drivers who’s vision was impaired for some reason
[Post edited 27 May 2020 14:36]

#BeKind on 15:03 - May 27 with 1652 viewsJaySaint

The MP who resigned (ross?) has been found to have flouted lockdown rules now.

Jesus!

#BeKind on 15:23 - May 27 with 1623 viewsDorsetIan

#BeKind on 14:13 - May 27 by Boris_

It is for the vast majority of the country. 95%+ of people being most vociferous are Labour supporters or Remainers who hated Cummings long before his road trip.

Personally I think his job is untenable and he should go. Brexit is signed, sealed and delivered so there's nothing the remoaners can do now. The ironic thing is that without Cummings, a No Deal Brexit in December is even more likely.

It would be ironic if we ended up with no deal based on remoaners ousting out Cummings.

95%+ is plucked out of thin air.

The polls and the 'feel' of this is that that's just not true. For once Cummings has managed to forge a nation consensus.

And at the very least Boris is being reckless as to the public health consequences in not nipping this in the bud days ago.

Boris and the Tories have taken big hit. I am not sure where the future good news is going to come from to reverse that. They need a nice smooth Brexit now and a quick recover from recession, then maybe all this will be forgotten. The northern Labour voters were only lending them their votes for a trial run. Very very easy to lose them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024