Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can Saints Get A Top 10 Finish ? 09:10 - Jun 23 with 840 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/52506/can-saints-get-a-t

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Can Saints Get A Top 10 Finish ? on 09:10 - Jun 23 with 838 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Thank god, a football thread!

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Can Saints Get A Top 10 Finish ? on 09:32 - Jun 23 with 816 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

And for what it is worth, I don't see why Saints can't finish top 10. I don't think Hassenhuttl is the type of manager to let them slack off and will probably remind them of their duties this season after getting stuffed 9-0.

With each place being worth something in the region of £1.5m to £2m, finishing 8th rather than 12th would be well worth it. £8m might help secure the quality centre back the team need.

I also think that the team will be more comfortable at home and that will help next season when (IF!?) the crowds are back.

Good times ahead.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Can Saints Get A Top 10 Finish ? on 09:55 - Jun 23 with 791 viewsButty101

Can Saints Get A Top 10 Finish ? on 09:32 - Jun 23 by Gennaro_Contaldo

And for what it is worth, I don't see why Saints can't finish top 10. I don't think Hassenhuttl is the type of manager to let them slack off and will probably remind them of their duties this season after getting stuffed 9-0.

With each place being worth something in the region of £1.5m to £2m, finishing 8th rather than 12th would be well worth it. £8m might help secure the quality centre back the team need.

I also think that the team will be more comfortable at home and that will help next season when (IF!?) the crowds are back.

Good times ahead.

Yayyyyyyyyyy football post.

Firstly fair play Nick you called it that there would be a re-start. I never thought there would. That said what i have seen has been pretty turgid. A lot of clubs going through the motions to get their money.

Can Saints make the top 10. Would love to think we can. But our squad is to small, lose any of Ings, Armstrong and Redmond and the wheels fall off. So im going for 12th

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Can Saints Get A Top 10 Finish ? on 10:31 - Jun 23 with 770 viewsJaySaint

we wont. Not with our defence, sadly

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Can Saints Get A Top 10 Finish ? on 11:24 - Jun 23 with 744 viewsdirk_doone

With most bookies, we're 4/1 for a top 10 finish. If we beat Arsenal in our next game, those odds will come right in.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Can Saints Get A Top 10 Finish ? on 13:36 - Jun 23 with 675 viewsTimSaint

Can Saints Get A Top 10 Finish ? on 11:24 - Jun 23 by dirk_doone

With most bookies, we're 4/1 for a top 10 finish. If we beat Arsenal in our next game, those odds will come right in.

I was hoping that Arsenal would be missing loads of players for their visit to us on Thursday, but I've just seen that Guendouzi will not have any action taken against him, despite him grabbing Maupay by the throat. Clearly that was not aggressive and is therefore permitted in any game going forward. Strange that the ref didn't see it and that the FA found nothing wrong with it enough to ban him. It should have been a straight red and a 3 match ban.

Oh well, hopefully the pair of injuries they picked up at City, the red card to David Luiz and the injury v Brighton to their keeper will sufficiently weaken them. They do have some quality up top, so our defence will have to perform much better than v Norwich.

TimSaint

Can Saints Get A Top 10 Finish ? on 15:03 - Jun 23 with 639 viewsSadoldgit

Can we? Yes. Will we? Who knows? We look good going forward but who of us feels comfortable unless we are 3 goals up? We always look likely to concede from errors at the back. The lack of crowds seems to have nullified the home advantage, but given our woeful home form, this could work in our favour. I expect us to take the points against Arsenal and there is no reason why we can’t push on from there (he says with his fingers firmly crossed).
Can Saints Get A Top 10 Finish ? on 22:20 - Jun 23 with 569 viewshedgeend61

Can Saints Get A Top 10 Finish ? on 11:24 - Jun 23 by dirk_doone

Probably need North of 50 points to finish Top 10.

So here goes, chances against Sheff U (race pretty much run), Arsenal (never at the Races), Brighton (probably safe), Bournemouth (maybe up or down by then) and an average Watford.
Man City will have the CL on their minds by the time they play us with the title gone, Everton and ManUtd aren't great, but even an optimist wouldn't bank on a lot from those 3, though you never know.
Probably need 4 wins and a couple of draws, bookies rate it a 20% chance, could be worth a tenner especially if we beat the Arsenal, all depends if we take our foot off the pedal after hitting 40 points.

Whatever happens, the boys and Ralph done well, after being smashed by Leicester by 9, not many would have given us a prayer of staying up in November, let alone Top half, which would have been about a million.
Login to get fewer ads

Can Saints Get A Top 10 Finish ? on 18:57 - Jun 24 with 497 viewsdirk_doone

Can Saints Get A Top 10 Finish ? on 22:20 - Jun 23 by hedgeend61

Probably need North of 50 points to finish Top 10.

So here goes, chances against Sheff U (race pretty much run), Arsenal (never at the Races), Brighton (probably safe), Bournemouth (maybe up or down by then) and an average Watford.
Man City will have the CL on their minds by the time they play us with the title gone, Everton and ManUtd aren't great, but even an optimist wouldn't bank on a lot from those 3, though you never know.
Probably need 4 wins and a couple of draws, bookies rate it a 20% chance, could be worth a tenner especially if we beat the Arsenal, all depends if we take our foot off the pedal after hitting 40 points.

Whatever happens, the boys and Ralph done well, after being smashed by Leicester by 9, not many would have given us a prayer of staying up in November, let alone Top half, which would have been about a million.

Looking at the table, the lowest we could realistically finish is 15th and the highest 7th. The players obviously enjoyed the game against Norwich. If we beat Arsenal, they'll be well up for a storming finish to the season. Our 5th top 8 finish in 7 years is possible.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024