Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football Authorities Working Towards Fans Return 09:30 - Jul 25 with 1230 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/52689/football-authoriti

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Football Authorities Working Towards Fans Return on 15:59 - Jul 25 with 1146 views1ASIN12

I await the songs sung to the Saints fans who will be sitting in the away section when ST Mary’s reopens

“Is that all you take away“
“ Come in a taxi , you must have come in a taxi”
“ You’ve had your day out now fvckoff home”
Or if our home form doesn’t improve ..
“1-0 and you still don’t sing”
Football Authorities Working Towards Fans Return on 18:51 - Jul 25 with 1099 viewsSaintsforeverj

This is informative. 50 % capacity should see all ST holders get in, although, people who go on their own, will take up 3 seats and that is if there is only 1 seat between each person / household. That should be balanced out by a family of 4 taking up 6 seats, for example. Also promising that the aim is to get 75% back soon after.

I can guess too, that masks will have be worn for leaving your seat for food or toilet as people will be passing other fans. But no masks during the game I would imagine. So if we miss ths first 2 or 3 games, does anyone know if we get a refund on the week of the game automatically or would we need to apply or wait until the end of the season?

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Football Authorities Working Towards Fans Return on 09:28 - Jul 26 with 990 viewsSaintNick

Football Authorities Working Towards Fans Return on 18:51 - Jul 25 by Saintsforeverj

This is informative. 50 % capacity should see all ST holders get in, although, people who go on their own, will take up 3 seats and that is if there is only 1 seat between each person / household. That should be balanced out by a family of 4 taking up 6 seats, for example. Also promising that the aim is to get 75% back soon after.

I can guess too, that masks will have be worn for leaving your seat for food or toilet as people will be passing other fans. But no masks during the game I would imagine. So if we miss ths first 2 or 3 games, does anyone know if we get a refund on the week of the game automatically or would we need to apply or wait until the end of the season?

This refund question is answered easily by the club in their season ticket announcement where they gave guarantees.

"Chief among these is that the club will guarantee a pro-rata refund for any fixture played without fans. This will be automatically refunded to the method of payment used to purchase within 14 days of confirmation, with turnaround time an operational benefit of our new ticketing platform."

This kills this avenue of moaning stone dead and also gives you a clue as to why they are taking their time with refunds, they have a new system up and running going forward, but have to deal with refunds from the old system as they have perhaps not yet been able to put those details on the new system

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Football Authorities Working Towards Fans Return on 09:32 - Jul 26 with 988 viewsChesham_Saint

Football Authorities Working Towards Fans Return on 09:28 - Jul 26 by SaintNick

This refund question is answered easily by the club in their season ticket announcement where they gave guarantees.

"Chief among these is that the club will guarantee a pro-rata refund for any fixture played without fans. This will be automatically refunded to the method of payment used to purchase within 14 days of confirmation, with turnaround time an operational benefit of our new ticketing platform."

This kills this avenue of moaning stone dead and also gives you a clue as to why they are taking their time with refunds, they have a new system up and running going forward, but have to deal with refunds from the old system as they have perhaps not yet been able to put those details on the new system

The chances of our ticket office coping with that are zilch. They still can’t answer my basic questions on this current season. Incompetent doesn’t begin to cover it.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Football Authorities Working Towards Fans Return on 09:35 - Jul 26 with 987 viewsBoris_

Using the cricket model which is being piloted at the Oval today... every other row is on sale, so there's 50% of tickets gone already. Then there needs to be 2 seats between each person, unless they are from your household.

So as an estimate, we would be very lucky to get close to 10,000 tickets on sale.

Poll: Claude Puel

Football Authorities Working Towards Fans Return on 09:53 - Jul 26 with 978 viewsSaintNick

Football Authorities Working Towards Fans Return on 09:35 - Jul 26 by Boris_

Using the cricket model which is being piloted at the Oval today... every other row is on sale, so there's 50% of tickets gone already. Then there needs to be 2 seats between each person, unless they are from your household.

So as an estimate, we would be very lucky to get close to 10,000 tickets on sale.

If you read the article the social distancing is 1 metre or one seat, they can stagger rows so each person also has an empty seat in front.

As I said they are hopeful of getting most season ticket holders in but there are a lot of variables, we are still two 1/2 months away from it happening, so we can't base it on the restrictions at present, they may have eased or indeed worsened.

There is no point in speculation, all we can do is try and plan and hope that those plans can be put into place when the time comes

Football Authorities Working Towards Fans Return on 12:04 - Jul 26 with 930 viewsBoris_

Football Authorities Working Towards Fans Return on 09:53 - Jul 26 by SaintNick

If you read the article the social distancing is 1 metre or one seat, they can stagger rows so each person also has an empty seat in front.

As I said they are hopeful of getting most season ticket holders in but there are a lot of variables, we are still two 1/2 months away from it happening, so we can't base it on the restrictions at present, they may have eased or indeed worsened.

There is no point in speculation, all we can do is try and plan and hope that those plans can be put into place when the time comes

So you write a speculative article then tell people not to speculate?

You're turning this place in to a bit of a dictatorship mush.

Poll: Claude Puel

Football Authorities Working Towards Fans Return on 13:03 - Jul 26 with 906 viewsSaintsforeverj

Football Authorities Working Towards Fans Return on 09:28 - Jul 26 by SaintNick

The ticket office should also open after Sunday. They have sealed off the stadium, to prevent any spread of the virus when games are being played. I would hope that workers will be back at the ticket office soon, when games are finished.

Login to get fewer ads

Football Authorities Working Towards Fans Return on 23:23 - Jul 27 with 802 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53556072

No singing? 40 % capacity for the whole season? Wearing a mask. Doesn't sound much like fun. I bet the stewards will love bossing us all around - sit here, where you going, don't sing, wear your mask.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2020 23:25]

Football Authorities Working Towards Fans Return on 12:24 - Jul 28 with 728 viewsSaintNick

Football Authorities Working Towards Fans Return on 12:04 - Jul 26 by Boris_

So you write a speculative article then tell people not to speculate?

You're turning this place in to a bit of a dictatorship mush.

I was just reporting what I have been told about the plans to get fans back in, when I said no point in speculation, I meant we can now only wait and see due to the situation liable to change at short notice.

One step at a time will be taken, the cricket was the first and they were just getting in a token number to test the water.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024