Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints At Crystal Palace The Preview 11:45 - Sep 11 with 1347 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/52862/saints-at-crystal-

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Saints At Crystal Palace The Preview on 12:24 - Sep 11 with 1333 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ralph, creates a team that can win through team spirit, sheer determination and player improvement. But I agree I also worry that we could see some of the same defensive mistakes return at some point. But there we go: that's why we could do with a bit of investment in the team, hopefully from a new owner.

You mention that we still haven't addressed the defence. But we have the same centre backs, because the owner is skint. That's the reason right? There is no money for investment in the centre backs you are calling for because of a skint owner, you say is sound. Therefore, we won't move forward until there at least some investment in the team. Same owner same defence. What do we expect!
[Post edited 11 Sep 2020 12:26]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Saints At Crystal Palace The Preview on 17:17 - Sep 11 with 1206 viewscocklebreath

We have addressed centre back with Salisu

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Saints At Crystal Palace The Preview on 17:27 - Sep 11 with 1199 viewsSaintsforeverj

Saints At Crystal Palace The Preview on 17:17 - Sep 11 by cocklebreath

We have addressed centre back with Salisu

So we all thought and maybe in time. He isn't available until October at the earliest and has issues to sort out according to Ralph.

Saints At Crystal Palace The Preview on 18:18 - Sep 11 with 1174 viewsTimSaint

Saints At Crystal Palace The Preview on 17:27 - Sep 11 by Saintsforeverj

So we all thought and maybe in time. He isn't available until October at the earliest and has issues to sort out according to Ralph.

Why so negative ?

We have signed a very decent looking CB prospect and we all want to see him play, fit in and improve our team.

BUT - please remember he is only 21, picked up an injury in the games after lockdown, has come to a new country, had to isolate for 2 weeks, has to get to grips with his new team, team mates and style of play and has to get up to speed in terms of RH fitness levels.

Cut the guy and the club some slack and give him chance to prove himself.

TimSaint

Saints At Crystal Palace The Preview on 20:17 - Sep 11 with 1118 viewsSaintsforeverj

Saints At Crystal Palace The Preview on 18:18 - Sep 11 by TimSaint

Why so negative ?

We have signed a very decent looking CB prospect and we all want to see him play, fit in and improve our team.

BUT - please remember he is only 21, picked up an injury in the games after lockdown, has come to a new country, had to isolate for 2 weeks, has to get to grips with his new team, team mates and style of play and has to get up to speed in terms of RH fitness levels.

Cut the guy and the club some slack and give him chance to prove himself.

Erm, I'm disappointed that our new signing is unable to play for a long time. My response is also in response to the article, where Nick is saying that he thinks the defence is still same defence, which is likely to make errors. I agree, so we are both negative?

Saints At Crystal Palace The Preview on 21:02 - Sep 11 with 1096 viewscocklebreath

Saints At Crystal Palace The Preview on 17:27 - Sep 11 by Saintsforeverj

Stephens and Bednerek were excellent at the end of the season, what’s the problem?

Saints At Crystal Palace The Preview on 21:05 - Sep 11 with 1090 viewsSaintsforeverj

Saints At Crystal Palace The Preview on 21:02 - Sep 11 by cocklebreath

Stephens and Bednerek were excellent at the end of the season, what’s the problem?

I agree. Now read the article. Ask Nick why he has suggested the defence might be an issue? Is he totally wrong? What do you think?
[Post edited 11 Sep 2020 21:07]

Saints At Crystal Palace The Preview on 09:13 - Sep 12 with 955 viewsgreen

Just checked and the 1-4 against Palace was the opening game in 2007. I've tried to remove that memory of Alan Bennett and his teammate's performance that day but still get the odd flashback!
Login to get fewer ads

Saints At Crystal Palace The Preview on 10:54 - Sep 12 with 884 viewscocklebreath

Saints At Crystal Palace The Preview on 21:05 - Sep 11 by Saintsforeverj

I agree. Now read the article. Ask Nick why he has suggested the defence might be an issue? Is he totally wrong? What do you think?
[Post edited 11 Sep 2020 21:07]

Yes he is but nick has a boner over how bad our centrebacks our

Saints At Crystal Palace The Preview on 12:20 - Sep 12 with 825 viewsBicester_North

Saints At Crystal Palace The Preview on 10:54 - Sep 12 by cocklebreath

They’re ok our centre backs, but we haven’t had a proper good one since Van Dijk and Fonte left. That’s a fact.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Saints At Crystal Palace The Preview on 13:31 - Sep 12 with 789 viewsSadoldgit

Was thinking we would win this 2-1 until I saw that Armstrong snd Salisu weren’t playing. Not so confident of a win now.
Saints At Crystal Palace The Preview on 13:52 - Sep 12 with 775 viewsTimSaint

Saints At Crystal Palace The Preview on 13:31 - Sep 12 by Sadoldgit

Was thinking we would win this 2-1 until I saw that Armstrong snd Salisu weren’t playing. Not so confident of a win now.

Palace missing a few - Benteke, van Arnold, Cahill and Tomkins.

JWP will do a job on Saha again.

We've won there on our last 3 visits. I'm confident (ish) !! :-)

TimSaint

Saints At Crystal Palace The Preview on 14:40 - Sep 12 with 743 viewsSaintsforeverj

I think Stephens and Bednerac have improved immensely, but Nick could be right that at some point the mistakes might return but we will see.

Saints At Crystal Palace The Preview on 15:17 - Sep 12 with 723 viewsSaintsforeverj

Defensive error already? We have been all over them but the defence let us down for the first goal. Completely unmarked.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2020 15:19]

Saints At Crystal Palace The Preview on 15:23 - Sep 12 with 698 viewsTimSaint

Saints At Crystal Palace The Preview on 15:17 - Sep 12 by Saintsforeverj

Defensive error already? We have been all over them but the defence let us down for the first goal. Completely unmarked.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2020 15:19]

It was Romeu. His shit pass gave possession away and 1 pass later from Palace and it was 3 on 2 and no back post marking.

TimSaint

Saints At Crystal Palace The Preview on 15:26 - Sep 12 with 692 viewsSaintsforeverj

Saints At Crystal Palace The Preview on 15:23 - Sep 12 by TimSaint

It was Romeu. His shit pass gave possession away and 1 pass later from Palace and it was 3 on 2 and no back post marking.

Nick could be right. Our defensive play may well let us down this year at times. It's not negative, it's a valid observation.

Saints At Crystal Palace The Preview on 22:45 - Sep 12 with 617 viewsSadoldgit

Reasons to be cheerful - Liverpool looking poor at the back and West Ham losing at home.
Saints At Crystal Palace The Preview on 23:36 - Sep 12 with 595 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Saints At Crystal Palace The Preview on 22:45 - Sep 12 by Sadoldgit

Reasons to be cheerful - Liverpool looking poor at the back and West Ham losing at home.

Not sure, I feel pretty f**ked off tonight after that.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024