Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
subs 09:03 - Nov 2 with 600 viewssaint22

For me this is the only question mark against Ralph
Yesterday Ings could have been off earlier, Diallo could have come on, Redmond for Walcott, needed fresh legs and all seemed a little too late as it does in most games
subs on 09:22 - Nov 2 with 586 viewsdirk_doone

Although Ings picked up an injury, Ralph was right to leave the substitutions as late as he did because once they were made, our team looked much weaker and Villa took control. Stephens' confidence as shot and Diallo just looked lost.

It would have been good to see N'Lundulu come on instead of Long. We know what Long can do nowadays, which isn't much other than giving possession away to the opposition.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2020 9:30]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

subs on 09:45 - Nov 2 with 555 viewsHeisenberg

If Ralph had taken Ings off earlier and it ended up 3-4 you would have been the first on here to say taking him off nearly cost us the 3 points. We are 4th in the table. Players getting injured is part of the game we have to deal with. A question mark against Ralph ffs.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

subs on 10:04 - Nov 2 with 534 viewskingslandstand1

subs on 09:22 - Nov 2 by dirk_doone

Although Ings picked up an injury, Ralph was right to leave the substitutions as late as he did because once they were made, our team looked much weaker and Villa took control. Stephens' confidence as shot and Diallo just looked lost.

It would have been good to see N'Lundulu come on instead of Long. We know what Long can do nowadays, which isn't much other than giving possession away to the opposition.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2020 9:30]

Rumours that Long had a spiffy fit (whatever that is, but wasn't happy) when he wasn't brought on for the Everton game and stormed off down the tunnel

As I say rumours and doesn't sound like the sort of thing he'd do, but nevertheless, would that have been a reason for bringing him on? I hope not, but does sound like he's getting towards the end of his time here
subs on 10:10 - Nov 2 with 523 viewsSadoldgit

I think we all would have been happy with a win by the odd goal at the start of the match and for a change we managed to get the game won when we were on top. All too many times we have thrown points away because we don’t score or don’t score enough when we dominate and aren’t strong enough defensively to see games out when the other teams get on the front foot. My only complaint in this game is that we needed to do more about the Villa inroads down the right flank in the second half.
subs on 10:14 - Nov 2 with 519 viewsdirk_doone

subs on 10:04 - Nov 2 by kingslandstand1

Rumours that Long had a spiffy fit (whatever that is, but wasn't happy) when he wasn't brought on for the Everton game and stormed off down the tunnel

As I say rumours and doesn't sound like the sort of thing he'd do, but nevertheless, would that have been a reason for bringing him on? I hope not, but does sound like he's getting towards the end of his time here

Yes, it looks like we've kept him on here a season too long. His pace used to give him nuisance value and he even scored the occasional goal but now he is more of a nuisance to his own team than he is to the opposition. He should be seeing out his days with a Championship club.

subs on 10:38 - Nov 2 with 504 viewskingslandstand1

subs on 10:10 - Nov 2 by Sadoldgit

I think we all would have been happy with a win by the odd goal at the start of the match and for a change we managed to get the game won when we were on top. All too many times we have thrown points away because we don’t score or don’t score enough when we dominate and aren’t strong enough defensively to see games out when the other teams get on the front foot. My only complaint in this game is that we needed to do more about the Villa inroads down the right flank in the second half.

Obviously more than happy with another away win and not moaning at all, but from 4-0 up to 4-3 shouldn't really happen and how nice would it have been to be sitting 3rd rather than 4th (5th tonight after the Leicester/Leeds game) which we would have been with the goal difference
subs on 12:13 - Nov 2 with 456 viewsTimSaint

My issue with the Subs was that we rather carelessly only had 1 defender on the bench. 6 outfield players and only Stephens a defender, so with 2 defensive injuries, it meant JWP playing at Left Back and ruining our balance in the centre of the park.

Other than that, I would have maybe used Redmond instead of Long - and either played 5 in midfield to stifle them, or told Redmond or Walcott to stay out wide and give us an outlet.

Still, we won and I hope it hasn't come at a price injury wise and everyone is fit for the game on Friday night.

TimSaint

subs on 17:26 - Nov 2 with 383 viewsSadoldgit

subs on 10:04 - Nov 2 by kingslandstand1

I read that too, but then read that it had been refuted. He doesn’t seem the type to throw his toys out of the pram to me. He seems professional enough to know that he is mostly going to be a bench warmer here now.
Login to get fewer ads

subs on 18:07 - Nov 2 with 360 viewsRon11

WAs Tell on the bench? He looked good the last time I saw him.
All Diallo did was give away a needless penalty.
subs on 18:21 - Nov 2 with 346 viewsdirk_doone

subs on 18:07 - Nov 2 by Ron11

WAs Tell on the bench? He looked good the last time I saw him.
All Diallo did was give away a needless penalty.

I agree. Tella looked very promising. It would be good to see more of both him and N'Lundulu. Tella was replaced on the bench by Redmond on Sunday. But, Long is the one who should make way. I wonder if we could loan him to a Championship club in January?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024