Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good read 07:15 - Nov 17 with 1172 viewssaint22

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/nov/16/mail-on-sunday-v-marcus-rashfor
Good read on 09:02 - Nov 17 with 1121 viewsWints76

Speaking of good reads... https://news.sky.com/story/marcus-rashford-launches-book-club-so-children-can-ex
Good read on 09:33 - Nov 17 with 1089 viewsRon11

Good read on 09:02 - Nov 17 by Wints76

Speaking of good reads... https://news.sky.com/story/marcus-rashford-launches-book-club-so-children-can-ex

'I didn't start reading until I was 17'.
Didn't they teach him to read at school?
Good read on 10:08 - Nov 17 with 1076 viewsJaySaint

Good read on 09:33 - Nov 17 by Ron11

He was too hungry to learn

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Good read on 10:23 - Nov 17 with 1063 viewsWints76

Good read on 10:08 - Nov 17 by JaySaint

He was too hungry to learn

Selfishly, he sorted out his own hunger. He is definitely the bad guy here

https://newsthump.com/2020/11/16/daily-mail-reader-furious-as-selfish-hypocrite-
Good read on 10:32 - Nov 17 with 1046 viewsDellHero_Would

Good read on 09:33 - Nov 17 by Ron11

The BAME community don’t receive the same opportunities due to this country’s inherent unconscious bias.

A knighthood for Rashford will a least show we are making some progress, however small as a nation.

Poll: Wearing a mask

Good read on 10:36 - Nov 17 with 1036 viewsJaySaint

Good read on 10:32 - Nov 17 by DellHero_Would

The BAME community don’t receive the same opportunities due to this country’s inherent unconscious bias.

A knighthood for Rashford will a least show we are making some progress, however small as a nation.

what, they are not taught to read?

when did this happen?

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Good read on 10:55 - Nov 17 with 1017 viewsRon11

Good read on 10:32 - Nov 17 by DellHero_Would

What a fu ck ing load of nonsense.
From the Daily Mail (your favourite hate) 26 June 2014:
'Black children have achieved the biggest progress in their exam results of any ethnic group in Britain, well above the national average'
Good read on 10:56 - Nov 17 with 1020 viewsSadoldgit

Good read on 10:36 - Nov 17 by JaySaint

what, they are not taught to read?

when did this happen?

Instead of making infantile comments Jay perhaps you would do better to read the article and tell us what you think about it?
Login to get fewer ads

Good read on 11:06 - Nov 17 with 1005 viewsDellHero_Would

Good read on 10:55 - Nov 17 by Ron11

What a fu ck ing load of nonsense.
From the Daily Mail (your favourite hate) 26 June 2014:
'Black children have achieved the biggest progress in their exam results of any ethnic group in Britain, well above the national average'

I was takin da pizz...Don’t worry I expect sanctimonious soppy will redress the balance during his 18 hour shift of “verbal” diarrhoea.

Poll: Wearing a mask

Good read on 11:53 - Nov 17 with 972 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Look, this is getting silly. I'm VERY mild mannered and understanding of issues facing certain sections of society, but this is ridiculous;

"He said he wishes he had been given the chance to read earlier in life, adding his family prioritised food over books when it came to budgeting."

Books vs food is NOT a choice. You can go to a library and get books for FREE to read, schools give out books to take home (and have done for years) for FREE.

This just smacks of parents who don't read and don't see the importance of reading. Not everything is the fault of the state. My wife is a teacher, she sees plenty of children go through who have parents who don't practise spellings, don't bring their own kids on with reading (with FREE books from school).

It has NOTHING to do with budget.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2020 11:54]

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Good read on 12:44 - Nov 17 with 945 viewsWints76

But doesn't all that mean that this is good? It is encouraging kids to read. My old work once used Paul Telfer to encourage kids to read and it worked really well, so having a Man Utd and England striker doing the same should encourage some kids somewhere!??

Mind you, despite my efforts, neither of my kids ever read any more than they have to.
Good read on 12:54 - Nov 17 with 936 viewsPatfromPoole

Good read on 12:44 - Nov 17 by Wints76

But doesn't all that mean that this is good? It is encouraging kids to read. My old work once used Paul Telfer to encourage kids to read and it worked really well, so having a Man Utd and England striker doing the same should encourage some kids somewhere!??

Mind you, despite my efforts, neither of my kids ever read any more than they have to.

Paul Telfer?

Did anybody recognise him?

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Good read on 12:58 - Nov 17 with 930 viewsWints76

Good read on 12:54 - Nov 17 by PatfromPoole

Paul Telfer?

Did anybody recognise him?

Yep! It was quite funny as he said he felt a bit embarrassed as he was worried there would be questions about football, and he wouldn't be able to answer them as he wasn't really in to it

There were other people as well as him involved though
Good read on 14:33 - Nov 17 with 877 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Good read on 12:44 - Nov 17 by Wints76

That I'm fine with, it's the insinuation it's to do with finance I have the issue with - that is a blatant lie.

To be honest, I actually don't like reading - I read the occasional autobiography - and having the daily row with my son to read is tiresome. So I fully expect my son to be much the same as me. My wife reads ALL the time though, so maybe he'll take after her, but whatever, his choice.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Good read on 17:36 - Nov 17 with 802 viewsSaintsforeverj

Good read on 11:53 - Nov 17 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Look, this is getting silly. I'm VERY mild mannered and understanding of issues facing certain sections of society, but this is ridiculous;

"He said he wishes he had been given the chance to read earlier in life, adding his family prioritised food over books when it came to budgeting."

Books vs food is NOT a choice. You can go to a library and get books for FREE to read, schools give out books to take home (and have done for years) for FREE.

This just smacks of parents who don't read and don't see the importance of reading. Not everything is the fault of the state. My wife is a teacher, she sees plenty of children go through who have parents who don't practise spellings, don't bring their own kids on with reading (with FREE books from school).

It has NOTHING to do with budget.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2020 11:54]

You make some valid points in that Rashford is suggesting that again, children arn't well catered for by an uncaring state. Like you say, books can be acquired for free and my kids have to swap their book at school at every week and bring home a new one each week. And he didn't read until the age of 17, why? Because there are plenty of books, free from the library and free from school.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Good read on 08:44 - Nov 18 with 650 viewskernow

Good read on 17:36 - Nov 17 by Saintsforeverj

You make some valid points in that Rashford is suggesting that again, children arn't well catered for by an uncaring state. Like you say, books can be acquired for free and my kids have to swap their book at school at every week and bring home a new one each week. And he didn't read until the age of 17, why? Because there are plenty of books, free from the library and free from school.

Growing up with 4 siblings may have been a contributory factor? I don"t know but if I was interested I would ask him.
Good read on 08:48 - Nov 18 with 645 viewskernow

Or could it be that he was too focussed on what he does best hence the reason he has reached on the top in his in profession? Just a thought.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024