Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team News Ahead Of Tomorrow's Clash With Villa 14:46 - Jan 29 with 774 viewsTimSaint

From the Official Site.....

Ralph Hasenhüttl has been boosted by the return of three players ahead of Saturday’s visit of Aston Villa to St Mary’s, as Southampton’s list of injuries shows signs of reducing.

The boss revealed Oriol Romeu and Moussa Djenepo are fit again, while Nathan Redmond made his first appearance in five and a half weeks as a second-half substitute against Arsenal on Tuesday.

Ryan Bertrand is back from a one-match ban, but the game against Villa will come too soon for Kyle Walker-Peters, Jannik Vestergaard, Mohammed Salisu and Nathan Tella, who remain sidelined.

“A few players are coming back this week,” Hasenhüttl said. “It looks good.

“I think everyone knows that Ryan is coming back after his suspension, and Reddy is just back in the squad.

“Ori and Moussa are part of the team. If they play from the beginning, I will have a look, but they are available now, so I have a few more options, which is good.

“Kyle still needs a little bit of time. I don’t know how long, but he will not be available for this game on the weekend, and therefore we have to find another solution for the right side.”

Great news that we have more players returning, but worryingly with KWP still out, it leaves us with Valery against Grealish. Thoughts ?

TimSaint

Team News Ahead Of Tomorrow's Clash With Villa on 15:11 - Jan 29 with 729 viewsstmichael

My thoughts are Romeu returns and JWP at right back..

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

Team News Ahead Of Tomorrow's Clash With Villa on 16:11 - Jan 29 with 666 viewscocklebreath

Team News Ahead Of Tomorrow's Clash With Villa on 15:11 - Jan 29 by stmichael

Or Diallo at right back

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Team News Ahead Of Tomorrow's Clash With Villa on 16:30 - Jan 29 with 656 viewssaint22

Grealish will tie Valery in knots and win endless free kicks diving at every touch
Diallo and Romeu in the middle and JWP to snuff out Grealish at RB
I know its easy to say but if there was ever a team worth marking their one threat its Villa and Grealish
Team News Ahead Of Tomorrow's Clash With Villa on 17:01 - Jan 29 with 629 viewskingslandstand1

The trouble is Dean Smith will have seen Valery against the Ar5e and will also take full advantage of that weaker point as Arsenal did

Maybe it is a case of pushing Valery up and as said elsewhere put JWP at RB or actually drop Valery with JWP going back and if Romeu is fit leave him with Diallo in the middle of the park

As 22 would say (has said), we need to win this one as Villa are contenders for our top half spot
Team News Ahead Of Tomorrow's Clash With Villa on 18:03 - Jan 29 with 571 viewsDorsetIan

Team News Ahead Of Tomorrow's Clash With Villa on 15:11 - Jan 29 by stmichael

Makes sense. Interesting to see Oriel and Diallo paired up in midfield too. Potentially very solid and with Diallo freed up to attack a bit more.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Team News Ahead Of Tomorrow's Clash With Villa on 19:07 - Jan 29 with 525 viewskernow

Last season JWP frustrated Grealish enough to make his contribution ineffective. Was he booked for imitating Tom Daly?
Might work again to snuff out that potential threat.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024