Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was Adam’s injured? 21:00 - May 18 with 862 viewssaint22

Puzzled as to why he came off
Was Adam’s injured? on 21:07 - May 18 with 843 viewsgrumpy

Don't care, just want this season over now.
Was Adam’s injured? on 11:10 - May 19 with 649 viewsTimSaint

Ralph still doesn't know his best team.

He is continually swapping the likes of:

Ings, Adams, Redmond, Tella and Walcott up front.
Walcott, Djenepo, Minamino, Redmond, Amstrong and Tella out wide.
JWP, Armstrong and Diallo in the Centre.
Salisu, Bednarek, Vestergaard and Stephens at the back.
Forster and McCarthy in goal.

He is the new Tinker Man !!

All this proves is that our squad is severely lacking in strength throughout !!

I've said it all before. We need to get rid of at least a dozen players this summer. Those who simply aren't good enough, those who are out on loan and will never play for the first team again, those who are stale at Saints and those who think they are good enough but clearly are not.

Get in 5 or 6 who RH actually wants, so we can actually play the way he wants, with his own players. If not, it will be more of the same.

TimSaint

Was Adam’s injured? on 11:35 - May 19 with 635 viewssaint22

Was Adam’s injured? on 11:10 - May 19 by TimSaint

Ralph still doesn't know his best team.

He is continually swapping the likes of:

Ings, Adams, Redmond, Tella and Walcott up front.
Walcott, Djenepo, Minamino, Redmond, Amstrong and Tella out wide.
JWP, Armstrong and Diallo in the Centre.
Salisu, Bednarek, Vestergaard and Stephens at the back.
Forster and McCarthy in goal.

He is the new Tinker Man !!

All this proves is that our squad is severely lacking in strength throughout !!

I've said it all before. We need to get rid of at least a dozen players this summer. Those who simply aren't good enough, those who are out on loan and will never play for the first team again, those who are stale at Saints and those who think they are good enough but clearly are not.

Get in 5 or 6 who RH actually wants, so we can actually play the way he wants, with his own players. If not, it will be more of the same.

exactly Tim

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/forum/272304/about-last-night
Was Adam’s injured? on 08:41 - May 20 with 528 viewsSadoldgit

Given that we are safe and need to make some big changes in personnel this summer, it makes sense to “tinker” and to have a look at variations in match conditions. He got criticised for not changing things, now he is being criticised for changing things. If messing around with the team means we have a better season next year, I’m all for it. We all know we need to step up and we would rightly criticise the manager if he wasn’t doing anything to put us in a better position next year. Ralph was critisised for rotating the keepers but I think there can be little doubt now that Forster looks the better bet to keep if he is looking to offload one of them. Rebuilding when you don’t have much money and too many average players that you can’t move on is not easy as we have seen in previous windows. If Ralph is trying to prove the point to the board that we need more quality in depth he has done it in spades. I know I am one of the few who doesn’t consider this year a massive failure but let’s face it, we are a mid table team who have finished in mid table and with an owner who has fallen off the planet and clearly just wants to bail out, everyone at the club is trying to make the best of a bad situation.
I’m not saying that Ralph is above criticism. Clearly he has made mistakes and maybe he is trying to do too much with the resources available to him. But I think we saw in 2020 what he can do for us and am mildly optimistic that, given some decent pruning of the squad and new recruitment, we can do better next season.
Was Adam’s injured? on 10:01 - May 20 with 497 viewscocklebreath

We are a better team with Ings and Adams up front together, everyone knows that, I hope Ralph does.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Was Adam’s injured? on 20:48 - May 20 with 422 viewsWaylander

To answer the original question - he developed a minor groin niggle
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024