Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guaranteed 16th 11:26 - May 20 with 1218 viewsSaintNick

Burnley losing meant they cant catch us so we will not be the club above Fulham come the final table, we need to have a final day flourish at West Ham and push up further

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Guaranteed 16th on 12:15 - May 20 with 1176 viewsButty101

Ticker tape parade round the city? In a covid safe manner of course

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Guaranteed 16th on 12:35 - May 20 with 1152 viewsdwayne_dibley

DILLIGAF

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Guaranteed 16th on 12:49 - May 20 with 1129 viewsgrumpy

I have found this season one of the most frustrating ever.
Hitting the top in the first half and then fighting relegation in the second.
A Cup semi final that we hardly had a shot at goal, against a below par Leicester gave us a great chance of playing in the final.
You do wonder what's going on, why oh why, if reports are true, have we offered Walcott a two year contract is beyond me.
I am beginning to wonder about Ralph, he is very likeable but I wonder if he is the right man to drive us forward?
Guaranteed 16th on 13:09 - May 20 with 1108 viewsdirk_doone

Guaranteed 16th on 12:49 - May 20 by grumpy

I have found this season one of the most frustrating ever.
Hitting the top in the first half and then fighting relegation in the second.
A Cup semi final that we hardly had a shot at goal, against a below par Leicester gave us a great chance of playing in the final.
You do wonder what's going on, why oh why, if reports are true, have we offered Walcott a two year contract is beyond me.
I am beginning to wonder about Ralph, he is very likeable but I wonder if he is the right man to drive us forward?

2020 was a good year though. If only we could put the 2nd half of last season together with the first half of this one.

When you look back, where we finished in the league was largely dependent on Danny Ings' availability. He scored 25 goals last season but as he has missed much of this one through injury, he's only scored half that number. But his goals are still what have kept us up. If he is sold in the summer, our prospects for next season will look pretty bleak. Take Ings out of the team and we have the look of being another West Brom or Fulham.

This table helps explain why we are in decline:

https://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-last-five-seasons/transfer-leagu
[Post edited 20 May 2021 14:07]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Guaranteed 16th on 13:49 - May 20 with 1062 viewsgrumpy

Guaranteed 16th on 13:09 - May 20 by dirk_doone

2020 was a good year though. If only we could put the 2nd half of last season together with the first half of this one.

When you look back, where we finished in the league was largely dependent on Danny Ings' availability. He scored 25 goals last season but as he has missed much of this one through injury, he's only scored half that number. But his goals are still what have kept us up. If he is sold in the summer, our prospects for next season will look pretty bleak. Take Ings out of the team and we have the look of being another West Brom or Fulham.

This table helps explain why we are in decline:

https://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-last-five-seasons/transfer-leagu
[Post edited 20 May 2021 14:07]

Agree about Ings,Dirk.
We have been extremely lucky to have bought the likes of Lambert,Beattie and Ings so cheaply.
Just hope our luck stays with us because I cant see us breaking the bank for anyone.
Guaranteed 16th on 14:25 - May 20 with 1031 viewsCenturion

Well 16th is better than 17th, but nothing to boast about.

We are what we are and unless we have a big injection of cash I can see us turning into a Norwich/WBA style team. Up and down the two divisions on a fairly regular basis.

Shame really, there was a time about 5 years ago when I thought we could become a consistently good upper half premier league team.
Guaranteed 16th on 15:45 - May 20 with 966 viewsgrumpy

Guaranteed 16th on 14:25 - May 20 by Centurion

Well 16th is better than 17th, but nothing to boast about.

We are what we are and unless we have a big injection of cash I can see us turning into a Norwich/WBA style team. Up and down the two divisions on a fairly regular basis.

Shame really, there was a time about 5 years ago when I thought we could become a consistently good upper half premier league team.

Leicester have shown what can be done with good investment.
Guaranteed 16th on 21:44 - May 20 with 809 viewskingslandstand1

Guaranteed 16th on 15:45 - May 20 by grumpy

Leicester have shown what can be done with good investment.

But for good investment in the team you need an owner who shows an interest in the on field element as well as improving any personal financial investment
Login to get fewer ads

Guaranteed 16th on 21:52 - May 20 with 802 viewsSoton

Guaranteed 16th on 21:44 - May 20 by kingslandstand1

But for good investment in the team you need an owner who shows an interest in the on field element as well as improving any personal financial investment

Look Nick keeps explaining this, Gao is a good owner because he doesn’t interfere, what more could we expect when someone who buys into our club
Guaranteed 16th on 09:20 - May 21 with 671 viewsBerber

On the bright side, most clubs getting into the PL have been relegated by the 9th season. On the downside, you would have hoped that we could be dreaming of something better than a near to mid table finish next season.

It is easy to see why RH says Ings will definitely be with us next season. Without him, relegation beckons.

Under Hughes it was obvious that our defence was not up to scratch, most notably CBs. We had Bertrand/Targett on the left and Cedric/Valery on the right, so not too bad. OK for 6s, hit and miss for 10s, hit and miss with strikers until Ings found his feet.

Apart from the FB situation weakening, everything else is the same, except the RH style of play takes away some of the dependency on the back 4, and we have less cover for the FBs. Hopefully it will be an interesting and exciting summer transfer window.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024