Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton At West Ham United The Verdict 09:30 - May 24 with 704 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/55116/southampton-at-wes

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton At West Ham United The Verdict on 10:13 - May 24 with 651 viewsSonicBoom

I can't be arsed with this season. Thank god it's done. There are things Nick has said that I want to bite on but what's the point.
All I'll say is that the one thing this season showed is that the crowd thing is a myth. We were told that players would play better without the demanding St Mary's crowd on their back. Let's be honest, it's made no difference.
Southampton At West Ham United The Verdict on 10:49 - May 24 with 610 viewsButty101

Southampton At West Ham United The Verdict on 10:13 - May 24 by SonicBoom

I can't be arsed with this season. Thank god it's done. There are things Nick has said that I want to bite on but what's the point.
All I'll say is that the one thing this season showed is that the crowd thing is a myth. We were told that players would play better without the demanding St Mary's crowd on their back. Let's be honest, it's made no difference.

100% agree Sonic.

Im not sure how the fans have impacted Redmonds performance this season as they have been absent.

If we start next season with any of Ings, WardProwse and Armstrong i will be amazed. If i was them i would want to move onto better things. Probably selling at least one of them is the only we will have room to move in the market. Lets face it, no one will buy any of the overs for anything.

I was half listening to radio solent after the game and im sure Adam Blackmore hinted that buyout talks are going on quietly in the back ground.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Southampton At West Ham United The Verdict on 14:04 - May 24 with 485 viewsRon11

Southampton At West Ham United The Verdict on 10:49 - May 24 by Butty101

100% agree Sonic.

Im not sure how the fans have impacted Redmonds performance this season as they have been absent.

If we start next season with any of Ings, WardProwse and Armstrong i will be amazed. If i was them i would want to move onto better things. Probably selling at least one of them is the only we will have room to move in the market. Lets face it, no one will buy any of the overs for anything.

I was half listening to radio solent after the game and im sure Adam Blackmore hinted that buyout talks are going on quietly in the back ground.

Lets hope buyout talks bear fruit.
Southampton At West Ham United The Verdict on 14:13 - May 24 with 475 viewsRon11

Southampton At West Ham United The Verdict on 10:49 - May 24 by Butty101

100% agree Sonic.

The verdict states that Redmond was not at fault for the second goal. So I didn't see him completely miss the ball and gift it to West Ham then?
I've always thought he was a good and dangerous player for us in the past, even if he didn't score he was slotting in some killer passes and running at the opposition.
I don't know what's gone wrong with him this season, maybe it's because he's not overlapping with Bertrand any more. As with Stuart Armstrong, try him up the middle, not out wide. The real Redmond is still in there somewhere. Either that or his head is 'somewhere else'.
Southampton At West Ham United The Verdict on 17:06 - May 24 with 410 viewsDorsetIan

Southampton At West Ham United The Verdict on 14:13 - May 24 by Ron11

The verdict states that Redmond was not at fault for the second goal. So I didn't see him completely miss the ball and gift it to West Ham then?
I've always thought he was a good and dangerous player for us in the past, even if he didn't score he was slotting in some killer passes and running at the opposition.
I don't know what's gone wrong with him this season, maybe it's because he's not overlapping with Bertrand any more. As with Stuart Armstrong, try him up the middle, not out wide. The real Redmond is still in there somewhere. Either that or his head is 'somewhere else'.

You're spot on about Redmond and Bertrand. They used to operate a very effective overlap down that left hand side. That sort of thing has completely disappeared from our play.

For what it's worth, I though that Redmond actually looked quite sharp in the last quarter of the game. He seemed to play more centrally and linked up much better with the other players.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Southampton At West Ham United The Verdict on 18:18 - May 24 with 365 viewsRon11

Southampton At West Ham United The Verdict on 17:06 - May 24 by DorsetIan

You're spot on about Redmond and Bertrand. They used to operate a very effective overlap down that left hand side. That sort of thing has completely disappeared from our play.

For what it's worth, I though that Redmond actually looked quite sharp in the last quarter of the game. He seemed to play more centrally and linked up much better with the other players.

Yes, when he's playing more centrally (you worded it much better than my 'up the middle') he looked a lot more of a threat with better link up play.
If we can see that, maybe his boss will too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024