Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Commitment and ambition 21:02 - Aug 4 with 1280 viewssaint68

Danny Ings has just shown clearly that neither of the above apply...just a personal statement of financial reward...

Football has become a game of whores...
[Post edited 4 Aug 2021 21:02]

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Commitment and ambition on 21:21 - Aug 4 with 1071 viewsSadoldgit

Has become? It has been a business for a very long time and the days of loyalty towards clubs disappeared ages ago.
Commitment and ambition on 21:30 - Aug 4 with 1054 viewssaint68

Commitment and ambition on 21:21 - Aug 4 by Sadoldgit

Has become? It has been a business for a very long time and the days of loyalty towards clubs disappeared ages ago.

Ordinarily they state that its a positive move to fulfill their potential...this move solely indicates financial reward...no aspect of anything other than that in this instance.

Sad indictment of the once beautiful game...for progression and personal development then yes..thats fine and understandable..this is solely greed..nothing more nothing less...because if he was serious about improving his chances of silverware he would of waited for the NLY to replace the current England captain who's on strike.

Commitment and ambition on 21:35 - Aug 4 with 1041 viewssaint22

Is there a world in which Villa came back for JWP and we said no way but you can have Ings for 30m and they said yes?
Trying to be positive
Commitment and ambition on 21:59 - Aug 4 with 990 viewssaint68

Commitment and ambition on 21:35 - Aug 4 by saint22

Is there a world in which Villa came back for JWP and we said no way but you can have Ings for 30m and they said yes?
Trying to be positive

22, if Villa retain Grealish and add Ward Prowse then ings move would be not only understandable..it would be seen as ambitious...maybe Villa have assembled an attack that many of us Saints supporters said would have caused havoc in the European championships...I doubt it will be the case..but its a possibility
[Post edited 4 Aug 2021 22:02]

Commitment and ambition on 22:01 - Aug 4 with 980 viewskingslandstand1

Commitment and ambition on 21:35 - Aug 4 by saint22

Trying to be positive

So Ings accepts he's not good enough for top 4 and will take the best salary around as long as he gets away?
Wonder how much more he is getting than Saints offered in making him the highest paid player ever at the club
Commitment and ambition on 22:05 - Aug 4 with 970 viewssaint68

Commitment and ambition on 22:01 - Aug 4 by kingslandstand1

So Ings accepts he's not good enough for top 4 and will take the best salary around as long as he gets away?
Wonder how much more he is getting than Saints offered in making him the highest paid player ever at the club

Two scenarios at play here Dirk...either massive Villa ambition or greedy mercenary..probably the latter mate

Commitment and ambition on 22:08 - Aug 4 with 948 viewsSadoldgit

Commitment and ambition on 21:30 - Aug 4 by saint68

Ordinarily they state that its a positive move to fulfill their potential...this move solely indicates financial reward...no aspect of anything other than that in this instance.

Sad indictment of the once beautiful game...for progression and personal development then yes..thats fine and understandable..this is solely greed..nothing more nothing less...because if he was serious about improving his chances of silverware he would of waited for the NLY to replace the current England captain who's on strike.

I’m guessing that his agent has been trying to sell him to a CL club but none have been interested. That could be why Ralph sounded confident until very recently that he would stay. But then Villa win the lottery, offer us a decent fee and Ings silly money and everything changes.
Ings has been great for us and is a quality player, but he is not irreplaceable. We have got a decent amount of money for an injury prone 29 year old. The issue now is who we bring in to replace him.
Commitment and ambition on 22:09 - Aug 4 with 949 viewskingslandstand1

Commitment and ambition on 22:05 - Aug 4 by saint68

Two scenarios at play here Dirk...either massive Villa ambition or greedy mercenary..probably the latter mate

Dirk??

But Villa may be showing ambition by paying proven players (albeit an injury risk) mega bucks which is always a gamble
Login to get fewer ads

Commitment and ambition on 22:13 - Aug 4 with 938 viewssaint68

Commitment and ambition on 22:08 - Aug 4 by Sadoldgit

I’m guessing that his agent has been trying to sell him to a CL club but none have been interested. That could be why Ralph sounded confident until very recently that he would stay. But then Villa win the lottery, offer us a decent fee and Ings silly money and everything changes.
Ings has been great for us and is a quality player, but he is not irreplaceable. We have got a decent amount of money for an injury prone 29 year old. The issue now is who we bring in to replace him.

Great synopsis Sog's ...he's been fantastic at times..but as you say..missing for a considerable time..no love lost in seeing him go..so in that regard he's never really achieved cult/hero status on his own stomping ground..slightly sad if honest.

Commitment and ambition on 22:14 - Aug 4 with 938 viewskernow

I'm fully expecting JWP to be sold. Money, money , money.
Commitment and ambition on 22:21 - Aug 4 with 915 viewssaint68

Commitment and ambition on 22:09 - Aug 4 by kingslandstand1

Dirk??

But Villa may be showing ambition by paying proven players (albeit an injury risk) mega bucks which is always a gamble

Sorry Kingsland, a few cervezas and typing without my glasses.. hope you're well mate.

Commitment and ambition on 22:32 - Aug 4 with 889 viewsSadoldgit

Commitment and ambition on 22:13 - Aug 4 by saint68

Great synopsis Sog's ...he's been fantastic at times..but as you say..missing for a considerable time..no love lost in seeing him go..so in that regard he's never really achieved cult/hero status on his own stomping ground..slightly sad if honest.

I agree, but as Ralph said, it seems like being a club legend doesn’t mean anything any more and he could have been here. I really didn’t see this coming. Maybe Spurs if City or United weren’t interested, but Villa? It’s going to take a while to get over the shock. Without Grealish they could struggle if the other new players don’t hit the ground running. Then there is Danny’s injury problems. Perhaps he has realised that he isn’t going to be fully fit again and has settled for one big last pay day? He certainly hasn’t gone for silverware.
Commitment and ambition on 09:00 - Aug 5 with 762 viewsBuenosSaint

Commitment and ambition on 22:32 - Aug 4 by Sadoldgit

I agree, but as Ralph said, it seems like being a club legend doesn’t mean anything any more and he could have been here. I really didn’t see this coming. Maybe Spurs if City or United weren’t interested, but Villa? It’s going to take a while to get over the shock. Without Grealish they could struggle if the other new players don’t hit the ground running. Then there is Danny’s injury problems. Perhaps he has realised that he isn’t going to be fully fit again and has settled for one big last pay day? He certainly hasn’t gone for silverware.

Yup. The transfer sign on fee and villa wages worth much more than being our highest paid player in history. At the end of the day, you can't begrudge him that. 99% of people in his position would do the same. Again shows that MLT was a rare loyal gem, the likes of which will probably never be seen again in this whoring premier League

Poll: The Long Future

Commitment and ambition on 10:51 - Aug 5 with 688 viewsPaleRider

I can't help but see the difference between how the vast majority of Olympians, across many sports behave, compared to professional footballers. To describe footballers as whores does a massive disservice to many whores (not that I know any!)
Commitment and ambition on 11:14 - Aug 5 with 673 viewsbarry_sanchez

Villa show more ambition than we do, Eeyore shows more ambition than we do, we're a parasite happy to sponge of the tv money but what does the club actually give back? Players to sell? An upset now and then? A shit stadium with no atmosphere? Pink seats?

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

Commitment and ambition on 16:57 - Aug 5 with 574 viewsSadoldgit

Commitment and ambition on 11:14 - Aug 5 by barry_sanchez

Villa show more ambition than we do, Eeyore shows more ambition than we do, we're a parasite happy to sponge of the tv money but what does the club actually give back? Players to sell? An upset now and then? A shit stadium with no atmosphere? Pink seats?

And yet we managed to get to an FA Cup semi final and sat on the top of the Premier League for a while last season. For a club with no ambition we are not very good at it are we? Then there were the consecutive finishes in the top ten when people like you were bleating that we had no ambition. Give it a rest Barry. Surely you can find something more constructive and positive to spend your time on? Or do you have no ambition? Your headstone should read, “Here lies Barry Sanchez. He spent his whole life complaining on Internet forums that a football team had no ambition. Whinge In Peace”
Commitment and ambition on 17:02 - Aug 5 with 567 viewsButty101

Commitment and ambition on 16:57 - Aug 5 by Sadoldgit

And yet we managed to get to an FA Cup semi final and sat on the top of the Premier League for a while last season. For a club with no ambition we are not very good at it are we? Then there were the consecutive finishes in the top ten when people like you were bleating that we had no ambition. Give it a rest Barry. Surely you can find something more constructive and positive to spend your time on? Or do you have no ambition? Your headstone should read, “Here lies Barry Sanchez. He spent his whole life complaining on Internet forums that a football team had no ambition. Whinge In Peace”

Everyone’s favourite woke bully is trying to suppress people again

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Commitment and ambition on 17:16 - Aug 5 with 554 viewsSadoldgit

Commitment and ambition on 17:02 - Aug 5 by Butty101

Everyone’s favourite woke bully is trying to suppress people again

Putting your pathetic juvenile comments to one side, don’t you think we have done quite well for a club with no ambition?
Commitment and ambition on 18:11 - Aug 5 with 523 viewsbarry_sanchez

Commitment and ambition on 16:57 - Aug 5 by Sadoldgit

You don't half talk a load of crap son, that semi final appearance was one of the most abysmal lack lustre games I have ever witnessed. I don't jump on bandwagons as in my experience people show their colours, you're doing that today.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone

Commitment and ambition on 18:17 - Aug 5 with 514 viewsDellHero_Would

Commitment and ambition on 18:11 - Aug 5 by barry_sanchez

You don't half talk a load of crap son, that semi final appearance was one of the most abysmal lack lustre games I have ever witnessed. I don't jump on bandwagons as in my experience people show their colours, you're doing that today.

Sopps is obsessed with Boris Johnson...He starts his day posting about The PM before 9am and it continues throughout the day into late evening. He’s not worth bothering with. Limited intelligence to say the least...

Poll: Wearing a mask

Commitment and ambition on 18:29 - Aug 5 with 497 views1885_SFC

I think the new season will be entertaining if nothing else.

Watford, Norwich & Brentford will all struggle - as will Burnley, Newcastle, Brighton & Palace. We're gonna be somewhere between mediocre one week & gash the next... meaning the lot of us will be in our own mini league - trying to avoid the drop.

Ralph probably gone by Christmas... knocked out of both cups by minnows... another 9-0 thrashing somewhere along the line... I_would jizzing in his Spider-man/Peppa Pig pyjamas every time JWP gives the ball away.

Bring it on!

Old School is Cool

Commitment and ambition on 18:38 - Aug 5 with 486 viewssaint68

Commitment and ambition on 18:29 - Aug 5 by 1885_SFC

Watford, Norwich & Brentford will all struggle - as will Burnley, Newcastle, Brighton & Palace. We're gonna be somewhere between mediocre one week & gash the next... meaning the lot of us will be in our own mini league - trying to avoid the drop.

Ralph probably gone by Christmas... knocked out of both cups by minnows... another 9-0 thrashing somewhere along the line... I_would jizzing in his Spider-man/Peppa Pig pyjamas every time JWP gives the ball away.

Bring it on!

As per usual a grounded and accurate appraisal of our forthcoming season..

🍻🍻🥂🥂😁👍you always make me smile 1885👍

Commitment and ambition on 18:52 - Aug 5 with 465 viewsSadoldgit

Commitment and ambition on 18:11 - Aug 5 by barry_sanchez

It was a poor game but at least we got there. Would you have preferred to have gone out in the first game? As for last year, we played some of the best football we have played for years. Ok we punched above our weight for a while, but in the 55 years I have been supporting this club it has never been any different. Why would it change now?
[Post edited 5 Aug 2021 19:44]
Commitment and ambition on 18:59 - Aug 5 with 455 viewsBison

Commitment and ambition on 18:29 - Aug 5 by 1885_SFC

Bring it on!

The problem is none of us can do anything about it. We can moan and spout off as much as we like its our right as Saints fans but we will still support them and more than likely commit child abuse and force our kids to support them as well !

What has changed since I was young or the Premier League started is that now the fans are not required so much as match day or even merchandise is just a small percentage of any clubs income in the top division hence our voice has become muted as the owners dont really care. The only exception being the Euro Super League but that took a cabal of supporters to make a difference.

There will always be heroes and villains that wear our stripes. On that note did you see Frannie just got awarded the MBE ? Now there you have the full spectrum of the feelings of the supporters , one of the worst left backs in our history one minute but still a total legend and loved by all bar none.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Commitment and ambition on 21:08 - Aug 5 with 411 viewsbarry_sanchez

Commitment and ambition on 18:59 - Aug 5 by Bison

The problem is none of us can do anything about it. We can moan and spout off as much as we like its our right as Saints fans but we will still support them and more than likely commit child abuse and force our kids to support them as well !

What has changed since I was young or the Premier League started is that now the fans are not required so much as match day or even merchandise is just a small percentage of any clubs income in the top division hence our voice has become muted as the owners dont really care. The only exception being the Euro Super League but that took a cabal of supporters to make a difference.

There will always be heroes and villains that wear our stripes. On that note did you see Frannie just got awarded the MBE ? Now there you have the full spectrum of the feelings of the supporters , one of the worst left backs in our history one minute but still a total legend and loved by all bar none.

Totally agree with this, Franny is my favourite of any Saint, made the best of what he had and has given so much back, that is why I get pissed off, he wasn't the best but had the biggest heart, these fannies may be better footballers but they're not better when it matters.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024