Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Extortionate Gas prices, Electricity prices soaring..crisis in full effect 06:32 - Oct 6 with 6378 viewssaint68

Sounds familiar doesn't it, well that's the situation here in Spain and across-the-board in Europe..member States getting rather angry and turning on the commission to act.

Italy suffering with massive debt, food shortages,and rising tensions due to the mass immigration from across the Mediterranean.

Spanish government have actually acted by cutting all profits for energy companies to bridge the gap on energy costs..France stamping their feet and saying that shouldn't be allowed ( a suppler to Spain)

See its happening over here and across Europe, but when I read the insular clap trap from desperate remainers blaming Brexit for absolutely everything happening back in England it really does make me chuckle..

I think the saying was "Little Britain' by those that wanted to remain in the (Union🤔🤔🤒) Well maybe take a look at the state of the European Union before blaming everything on leaving the very un-harmonious EU.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Extortionate Gas prices, Electricity prices soaring..crisis in full effect on 15:14 - Oct 6 with 3013 viewskernow

Are you permitted to remain indefinitely in your Spanish home or are you now obliged to leave after ninety days?
Extortionate Gas prices, Electricity prices soaring..crisis in full effect on 18:29 - Oct 6 with 2953 viewsSadoldgit

Speaking for Remainers I think you will find that the issue for us isn’t just about a sudden hike in fuel prices, wherever they be.
Extortionate Gas prices, Electricity prices soaring..crisis in full effect on 21:21 - Oct 6 with 2912 viewssaint68

Extortionate Gas prices, Electricity prices soaring..crisis in full effect on 15:14 - Oct 6 by kernow

Are you permitted to remain indefinitely in your Spanish home or are you now obliged to leave after ninety days?

Being in receipt of a residencia for over 2 decades I don't require any further certification, my daughter has a birth right and my wife as mother has the rights to remain as her mother, I have paid into the Spanish tax system for nearly 23% of my life, I have business dealings here in the form of property development and my abogado makes sure at all times I am within all required legislation and rightly forward my tax requirements..I abide by local ,regional and national guidance, its a wonderful country but with many legislative quirks..and the weather is decent too.

Extortionate Gas prices, Electricity prices soaring..crisis in full effect on 21:33 - Oct 6 with 2905 viewssaint68

Extortionate Gas prices, Electricity prices soaring..crisis in full effect on 18:29 - Oct 6 by Sadoldgit

Speaking for Remainers I think you will find that the issue for us isn’t just about a sudden hike in fuel prices, wherever they be.

Fuel, food, building materials, transportation, energy, clothing,..all rapidly increasing in price across Europe...a very simple answer is ...the recouping of 17 months of lost profits from an unprecedented global lockdown for a flu outbreak...I mean £350 a night for shit accommodation in a previously £70 a night scruffy hotel in Torquay or wherever is a true indication of people extorting others in the name of covid damage minimilisation/management/rip off.syndrome.

Extortionate Gas prices, Electricity prices soaring..crisis in full effect on 06:47 - Oct 7 with 2818 viewsSalisburySaint

Extortionate Gas prices, Electricity prices soaring..crisis in full effect on 21:33 - Oct 6 by saint68

Fuel, food, building materials, transportation, energy, clothing,..all rapidly increasing in price across Europe...a very simple answer is ...the recouping of 17 months of lost profits from an unprecedented global lockdown for a flu outbreak...I mean £350 a night for shit accommodation in a previously £70 a night scruffy hotel in Torquay or wherever is a true indication of people extorting others in the name of covid damage minimilisation/management/rip off.syndrome.

Is there a shortage of butchers in Spain too

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58813959
Extortionate Gas prices, Electricity prices soaring..crisis in full effect on 07:35 - Oct 7 with 2793 viewssaint68

Extortionate Gas prices, Electricity prices soaring..crisis in full effect on 06:47 - Oct 7 by SalisburySaint

Is there a shortage of butchers in Spain too

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58813959

There is a shortage of staff across the agricultural sector here, that's not a new thing but it's been worse this year..they fly pickers from Morocco in regularly and even push illegal immigrants to work on farms in very unsatisfactory conditions and extremely poor pay..

In England there is a generation that don't won't to get their hands dirty, wether that be building trade or agricultural services, butchery would be to gruesome for this generation of chicken nugget and anything without a bone in it eaters...

On the plus side I see regularly that tradesmen are now getting what they are worth for putting in the hours and getting their hands dirty, £25+ an hour for carpenter's and joiners is now common place.

The wages will always lure people into jobs, so make the roles that need filling more attractive and competitive..it will mean higher prices for meat products at the tills but it is obviously required as this shortage shows..

Didn't this come about due to an American company stopping Co2 production in the North East? I read that that was the catalyst in this situation that has created a backlog in processing and as a result a higher number of butchers was required to mitigate the amounts of waste from the above mentioned

Extortionate Gas prices, Electricity prices soaring..crisis in full effect on 10:26 - Oct 7 with 2749 viewsBerber

Extortionate Gas prices, Electricity prices soaring..crisis in full effect on 21:33 - Oct 6 by saint68

Price is usually a function of supply and demand. If supply is constrained, or demand goes up, or both, prices will increase. There is a natural gas shortage world wide, Europe in particular. But the holiday accommodation prices were both foreseeable and expected. It isn't extortion. I expect you charge the best price you can get for your property developments. But you are right about businesses desperate need to replenish cash reserves.
Extortionate Gas prices, Electricity prices soaring..crisis in full effect on 11:20 - Oct 7 with 2720 viewsSalisburySaint

Extortionate Gas prices, Electricity prices soaring..crisis in full effect on 10:26 - Oct 7 by Berber

Price is usually a function of supply and demand. If supply is constrained, or demand goes up, or both, prices will increase. There is a natural gas shortage world wide, Europe in particular. But the holiday accommodation prices were both foreseeable and expected. It isn't extortion. I expect you charge the best price you can get for your property developments. But you are right about businesses desperate need to replenish cash reserves.

hotel prices always have been linked to demand

Stayed at hotel recently in Sheffield for cup game only £43 for twin room, staying at Letchworth for Norwich game twin room in Premier Inn £68 for 2 nights so lots of bargains to be had, but you'll pay a premium for holiday resorts
[Post edited 7 Oct 2021 11:22]
Login to get fewer ads

Extortionate Gas prices, Electricity prices soaring..crisis in full effect on 11:28 - Oct 7 with 2707 viewshuelinsaint

Extortionate Gas prices, Electricity prices soaring..crisis in full effect on 21:21 - Oct 6 by saint68

Being in receipt of a residencia for over 2 decades I don't require any further certification, my daughter has a birth right and my wife as mother has the rights to remain as her mother, I have paid into the Spanish tax system for nearly 23% of my life, I have business dealings here in the form of property development and my abogado makes sure at all times I am within all required legislation and rightly forward my tax requirements..I abide by local ,regional and national guidance, its a wonderful country but with many legislative quirks..and the weather is decent too.

So you've got your residencia sorted so cojones to anyone else who wants to go and live in Spain, I got residence in Spain 15 years ago just because I was an EU citizen,no hoops to jump through, nothing.
Now because of Brexit anyone wanting to do the same are knackered.
Smacks of "pull the ladder up,I'm alright Jack!"
Extortionate Gas prices, Electricity prices soaring..crisis in full effect on 12:42 - Oct 7 with 2673 viewsMessysaints

Extortionate Gas prices, Electricity prices soaring..crisis in full effect on 11:28 - Oct 7 by huelinsaint

So you've got your residencia sorted so cojones to anyone else who wants to go and live in Spain, I got residence in Spain 15 years ago just because I was an EU citizen,no hoops to jump through, nothing.

you can still go, and you can still live in Spain, nothing stopping you but you.
Extortionate Gas prices, Electricity prices soaring..crisis in full effect on 14:12 - Oct 7 with 2616 viewssaint68

Extortionate Gas prices, Electricity prices soaring..crisis in full effect on 11:28 - Oct 7 by huelinsaint

My God you seem so bitter, there are Visas available for full time living in Spain..no jumping through hoops, just legislation..you can even get the new Nomad visa which is great for those still wishing to work in the UK but spend their down time in Spain..

And in all honesty the Spanish authorities only use the 90 day statute to remove arseholes..so no real loss there happy pants.

The main form of anger from expats is their requirement to pay for health care..I can understand that being an added stress for some but not all..private health care in Spain is fantastic and very quick and hassle free.. my family cover is €1850 per annum or €9 pp a week.

As for your "bollocks to everyone else" comment, thats just nasty and childish.

Extortionate Gas prices, Electricity prices soaring..crisis in full effect on 14:47 - Oct 7 with 2587 viewsSadoldgit

Extortionate Gas prices, Electricity prices soaring..crisis in full effect on 07:35 - Oct 7 by saint68

There is a shortage of staff across the agricultural sector here, that's not a new thing but it's been worse this year..they fly pickers from Morocco in regularly and even push illegal immigrants to work on farms in very unsatisfactory conditions and extremely poor pay..

In England there is a generation that don't won't to get their hands dirty, wether that be building trade or agricultural services, butchery would be to gruesome for this generation of chicken nugget and anything without a bone in it eaters...

On the plus side I see regularly that tradesmen are now getting what they are worth for putting in the hours and getting their hands dirty, £25+ an hour for carpenter's and joiners is now common place.

The wages will always lure people into jobs, so make the roles that need filling more attractive and competitive..it will mean higher prices for meat products at the tills but it is obviously required as this shortage shows..

Didn't this come about due to an American company stopping Co2 production in the North East? I read that that was the catalyst in this situation that has created a backlog in processing and as a result a higher number of butchers was required to mitigate the amounts of waste from the above mentioned

Both the UK and the EU will suffer economically from the fall out from the pandemic and both will have other problems with labour shortages etc. These don’t mean that the arguments about membership if the EU change. I would argue that we need to be part of the EU now more than ever before and I am sure others would argue against me.
Extortionate Gas prices, Electricity prices soaring..crisis in full effect on 23:26 - Oct 7 with 2518 viewsBazza

Extortionate Gas prices, Electricity prices soaring..crisis in full effect on 14:47 - Oct 7 by Sadoldgit

Both the UK and the EU will suffer economically from the fall out from the pandemic and both will have other problems with labour shortages etc. These don’t mean that the arguments about membership if the EU change. I would argue that we need to be part of the EU now more than ever before and I am sure others would argue against me.

Don’t understand why eu membership is still being debated. Are you still debating penalty decisions from 5 years ago?
Extortionate Gas prices, Electricity prices soaring..crisis in full effect on 09:14 - Oct 8 with 2430 viewsSadoldgit

Extortionate Gas prices, Electricity prices soaring..crisis in full effect on 23:26 - Oct 7 by Bazza

Don’t understand why eu membership is still being debated. Are you still debating penalty decisions from 5 years ago?

Things are still being debated that happened 100 years ago. It is what happens when something that effects many people happens. Brexit effected everyone in this country and the rest of Europe. I can’t see it being lost in history any time soon.
When we had the democratic vote to join the then Common Market it didn’t stop people like Farage talking about it and wanting out. Why should things be any different now other than the shoe is on the other foot? I can guarantee that eventually there will be a campaign to rejoin it Bazza. The subject will not go away.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2021 9:51]
Extortionate Gas prices, Electricity prices soaring..crisis in full effect on 10:43 - Oct 8 with 2412 viewsBazza

Extortionate Gas prices, Electricity prices soaring..crisis in full effect on 09:14 - Oct 8 by Sadoldgit

Things are still being debated that happened 100 years ago. It is what happens when something that effects many people happens. Brexit effected everyone in this country and the rest of Europe. I can’t see it being lost in history any time soon.
When we had the democratic vote to join the then Common Market it didn’t stop people like Farage talking about it and wanting out. Why should things be any different now other than the shoe is on the other foot? I can guarantee that eventually there will be a campaign to rejoin it Bazza. The subject will not go away.

Whatever makes you happy but it’s boring that you blame Brexit for anything bad in society. Btw Farage was still in school when we joined the Common Market.
Also it’s a pity it didn’t stay as the Common Market instead of morphing into the current grotesque Germany/France political toy.
Extortionate Gas prices, Electricity prices soaring..crisis in full effect on 10:56 - Oct 8 with 2400 viewssaints__fan__73

Extortionate Gas prices, Electricity prices soaring..crisis in full effect on 10:43 - Oct 8 by Bazza

Whatever makes you happy but it’s boring that you blame Brexit for anything bad in society. Btw Farage was still in school when we joined the Common Market.
Also it’s a pity it didn’t stay as the Common Market instead of morphing into the current grotesque Germany/France political toy.

Great point. All of the +ves people quote for the EU are linked to trade and it would be def be a plus for the UK to be part of a free trade group with other Euro countries.

The real issue came when the EU started to pretend to be a country with a parliament, own currency, own laws and even a flag and 'national' anthem!!

What was the problem to which the EU trading group pretending to be a country was the answer to?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Extortionate Gas prices, Electricity prices soaring..crisis in full effect on 11:08 - Oct 8 with 2382 viewsSadoldgit

Extortionate Gas prices, Electricity prices soaring..crisis in full effect on 10:43 - Oct 8 by Bazza

I haven’t and don’t blame everything that is wrong in our society on Brexit. There was plenty wrong with our society pre Brexit. And I find it particularly sad that a dislike of two European countries is still being used as a reason for us leaving. We call Germans arrogant but there is an arrogance in this country which is as bad if not worse. What makes us more special than all other European nations?

(Perhaps we should leave the Premier League because we don’t like United or Liverpool?)
[Post edited 8 Oct 2021 11:26]
Extortionate Gas prices, Electricity prices soaring..crisis in full effect on 11:59 - Oct 8 with 2373 viewshuelinsaint

Extortionate Gas prices, Electricity prices soaring..crisis in full effect on 12:42 - Oct 7 by Messysaints

you can still go, and you can still live in Spain, nothing stopping you but you.

I live in Spain, as i said in my reply,I got residence by dint of being an EU citizen nothing else.
Now if you want to live here you have to jump through many hoops, i.e Job paying 20,000 euros, Private Health care etc.
It just seems bad on any young people without means, who will now not be able to try and make a life for themselves in an EU country
Extortionate Gas prices, Electricity prices soaring..crisis in full effect on 12:04 - Oct 8 with 2368 viewshuelinsaint

Extortionate Gas prices, Electricity prices soaring..crisis in full effect on 14:12 - Oct 7 by saint68

My God you seem so bitter, there are Visas available for full time living in Spain..no jumping through hoops, just legislation..you can even get the new Nomad visa which is great for those still wishing to work in the UK but spend their down time in Spain..

And in all honesty the Spanish authorities only use the 90 day statute to remove arseholes..so no real loss there happy pants.

The main form of anger from expats is their requirement to pay for health care..I can understand that being an added stress for some but not all..private health care in Spain is fantastic and very quick and hassle free.. my family cover is €1850 per annum or €9 pp a week.

As for your "bollocks to everyone else" comment, thats just nasty and childish.

But that's what it seems like to me, you live in Spain Brexit doesn't affect you but it has stymied the hopes of a lot of ( mainly young) people who have to be able to afford private health care etc.
These visas you speak of, what are they? i'll look into them for friends who are now worried about their status. What do you need to do to get one?
Extortionate Gas prices, Electricity prices soaring..crisis in full effect on 12:09 - Oct 8 with 2359 viewshuelinsaint

Whats better in the UK now it's left the EU?
The vaccine roll out doesn't count because any EU country could have done what the UK did (well i might add) the stopping of the Euro super league wasn't anything to do with brexit either. He was lying
Extortionate Gas prices, Electricity prices soaring..crisis in full effect on 13:33 - Oct 8 with 2334 viewsBazza

Extortionate Gas prices, Electricity prices soaring..crisis in full effect on 11:08 - Oct 8 by Sadoldgit

I haven’t and don’t blame everything that is wrong in our society on Brexit. There was plenty wrong with our society pre Brexit. And I find it particularly sad that a dislike of two European countries is still being used as a reason for us leaving. We call Germans arrogant but there is an arrogance in this country which is as bad if not worse. What makes us more special than all other European nations?

(Perhaps we should leave the Premier League because we don’t like United or Liverpool?)
[Post edited 8 Oct 2021 11:26]

Never said that I dislike Germany and France but in the EU - i) their ad hoc coalitions dominated the voting groups so the UK was consistently outvoted and ii) they fixed the Southern European exchange rates ( nb Greece) to the new euro currency at levels that basically screwed their economies iii) they are now pushing for an unnecessary EU army yet not meeting their NATO funding targets. something like rich clubs not meeting Financial Fair Play targets!
Extortionate Gas prices, Electricity prices soaring..crisis in full effect on 14:15 - Oct 8 with 2313 viewssaint68

Extortionate Gas prices, Electricity prices soaring..crisis in full effect on 12:04 - Oct 8 by huelinsaint

But that's what it seems like to me, you live in Spain Brexit doesn't affect you but it has stymied the hopes of a lot of ( mainly young) people who have to be able to afford private health care etc.
These visas you speak of, what are they? i'll look into them for friends who are now worried about their status. What do you need to do to get one?

Here you go mate, still being finalised but a great way to establish roots and will also further down the line enable full residencia.

It's one of 3 different visas being offered and from what I can see is a hassle free way of going outside of the current 90 day situation that the Spanish government don't really want to enforce anyway...the discussion between Madrid and London to keep reciprocal arrangements to before Brexit were torpedoed by Paris and Berlin funnily enough.
As you know the UK allows Spanish citizens to remain in the UK for over half a year at a time visa free 180 days presently

https://www.spainvisa.eu/spain-visa-digital-nomads/
[Post edited 8 Oct 2021 14:18]

Extortionate Gas prices, Electricity prices soaring..crisis in full effect on 14:57 - Oct 8 with 2298 viewsSadoldgit

Extortionate Gas prices, Electricity prices soaring..crisis in full effect on 13:33 - Oct 8 by Bazza

Never said that I dislike Germany and France but in the EU - i) their ad hoc coalitions dominated the voting groups so the UK was consistently outvoted and ii) they fixed the Southern European exchange rates ( nb Greece) to the new euro currency at levels that basically screwed their economies iii) they are now pushing for an unnecessary EU army yet not meeting their NATO funding targets. something like rich clubs not meeting Financial Fair Play targets!

Which illustrates my point very well Bazza. In any organisation, club, business etc there will always be disagreements and those who seek to do the best for themselves. You can either stay and try and find compromises or you can throw a strop and take your ball home. For years we were the fly in the ointment and wanted things our own way. Bigger economies than ours gave up their currencies, but not us, we were “special”. We are small fry in the Premier League but we are still a part of a financially strong group in which we get more benefits than if we were in the lower leagues - sound familiar? We might not like what the big clubs do but we have voting rights and we can work to change things or stop things we don’t like. We have no say in a European army now for example. In fact we have no say in anything that happens across a very thin strip of water.
Extortionate Gas prices, Electricity prices soaring..crisis in full effect on 15:59 - Oct 8 with 2279 viewsMessysaints

Extortionate Gas prices, Electricity prices soaring..crisis in full effect on 09:14 - Oct 8 by Sadoldgit

Hmmm, wasnt the iron women booted out of office cause the EC wanted to add freedom of movement to it ( and other stuff ) ? and we didnt have a vote on it either, we voted to join the EC and had freedom of movement forced upon us, we had no vote to become apart of the european union as it is today, just the EC that had NO freedom of movement when we join.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2021 16:04]
Extortionate Gas prices, Electricity prices soaring..crisis in full effect on 16:01 - Oct 8 with 2277 viewsBazza

Extortionate Gas prices, Electricity prices soaring..crisis in full effect on 14:57 - Oct 8 by Sadoldgit

Which illustrates my point very well Bazza. In any organisation, club, business etc there will always be disagreements and those who seek to do the best for themselves. You can either stay and try and find compromises or you can throw a strop and take your ball home. For years we were the fly in the ointment and wanted things our own way. Bigger economies than ours gave up their currencies, but not us, we were “special”. We are small fry in the Premier League but we are still a part of a financially strong group in which we get more benefits than if we were in the lower leagues - sound familiar? We might not like what the big clubs do but we have voting rights and we can work to change things or stop things we don’t like. We have no say in a European army now for example. In fact we have no say in anything that happens across a very thin strip of water.

' We have no say in a European army now for example. In fact we have no say in anything that happens across a very thin strip of water.'

We were having very little say in the EU so we have lost very little, surely? Except of course we have stopped contributing a ton of money to an organisation run by unelected bureaucrats that manage somehow to lose millions every year.

In football at least we get an equal vote with the other 19 Premier clubs (or are they really equal votes? )
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024