Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will Danny Ings Be Facing The Music For Aston Villa At Southampton 09:05 - Nov 1 with 1043 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/56152/will-danny-ings-be

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Will Danny Ings Be Facing The Music For Aston Villa At Southampton on 09:16 - Nov 1 with 1013 viewssaints__fan__73

More club PR bull Nick....

The club were 'surprised' that an offer came in?

Please be serious. The club were actively looking to sell him all Summer, as long as a decent offer came in, as they needed the cash to finance our large debts.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Will Danny Ings Be Facing The Music For Aston Villa At Southampton on 10:01 - Nov 1 with 979 viewsHeisenberg

Will Danny Ings Be Facing The Music For Aston Villa At Southampton on 09:16 - Nov 1 by saints__fan__73

Please be serious. The club were actively looking to sell him all Summer, as long as a decent offer came in, as they needed the cash to finance our large debts.

Nonsense. Ings was in danger of leaving for free if we didn’t sell him. He refused to sign a new contract so we sold him once an offer came in. We replaced him with Armstrong and Broja on loan so your argument doesn’t stand up.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Will Danny Ings Be Facing The Music For Aston Villa At Southampton on 10:11 - Nov 1 with 968 viewsSaintNick

Will Danny Ings Be Facing The Music For Aston Villa At Southampton on 09:16 - Nov 1 by saints__fan__73

If you read what is written the club were surprised by an offer from Aston Villa not that there would be an offer from someone.

If the club were actively looking to sell him why had they offered to make him the highest paid player in the history of the club ?

That was common knowledge not Club PR

Remind me again how high our debts are and the repayments that need to be made

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Will Danny Ings Be Facing The Music For Aston Villa At Southampton on 10:58 - Nov 1 with 906 viewssaints__fan__73

Will Danny Ings Be Facing The Music For Aston Villa At Southampton on 10:11 - Nov 1 by SaintNick

If you read what is written the club were surprised by an offer from Aston Villa not that there would be an offer from someone.

If the club were actively looking to sell him why had they offered to make him the highest paid player in the history of the club ?

That was common knowledge not Club PR

Remind me again how high our debts are and the repayments that need to be made

Debts are nearly £100m so repayment figure will be high.

Being so close to the club I would have assumed you'd know this.

https://theathletic.com/2319471/2021/01/13/southampton-accounts-losses-football-

Will Danny Ings Be Facing The Music For Aston Villa At Southampton on 11:52 - Nov 1 with 854 viewsMytchettSaint

Will Danny Ings Be Facing The Music For Aston Villa At Southampton on 10:01 - Nov 1 by Heisenberg

Nonsense. Ings was in danger of leaving for free if we didn’t sell him. He refused to sign a new contract so we sold him once an offer came in. We replaced him with Armstrong and Broja on loan so your argument doesn’t stand up.

So we were looking to sell him then….

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Will Danny Ings Be Facing The Music For Aston Villa At Southampton on 12:54 - Nov 1 with 780 viewsSaintNick

Will Danny Ings Be Facing The Music For Aston Villa At Southampton on 10:58 - Nov 1 by saints__fan__73

Debts are nearly £100m so repayment figure will be high.

Being so close to the club I would have assumed you'd know this.

https://theathletic.com/2319471/2021/01/13/southampton-accounts-losses-football-

Nice article that also points out that because of the extended Premier League season around £19 million of money due from the Premier League was not accounted for in these accounts, so the debt would not normally have been so high.

Most Premier League clubs were in the same or a worst position than us, the debt is serviceable without needing to see players

Will Danny Ings Be Facing The Music For Aston Villa At Southampton on 13:02 - Nov 1 with 770 viewsSadoldgit

Will Danny Ings Be Facing The Music For Aston Villa At Southampton on 11:52 - Nov 1 by MytchettSaint

From what Semmens has said it sounds like they resigned themselves to him not signing a new contract and when Villa came in for him they decided to take the money and move on. Makes sense really. No point in keeping a player here who isn’t committed to the cause. It’s disappointing, especially as what was presented as a desire to move for CL football became just a move for more money, but that’s football. It was great watching him while he was here but he has exercised his right to move on and we have new strikers to get behind now. I hope he isn’t fit for Friday. Apart from the fact that ex players tend to come back to haunt us, as we know he can conjure up goals from nothing.
Will Danny Ings Be Facing The Music For Aston Villa At Southampton on 13:23 - Nov 1 with 749 viewsMytchettSaint

Will Danny Ings Be Facing The Music For Aston Villa At Southampton on 13:02 - Nov 1 by Sadoldgit

From what Semmens has said it sounds like they resigned themselves to him not signing a new contract and when Villa came in for him they decided to take the money and move on. Makes sense really. No point in keeping a player here who isn’t committed to the cause. It’s disappointing, especially as what was presented as a desire to move for CL football became just a move for more money, but that’s football. It was great watching him while he was here but he has exercised his right to move on and we have new strikers to get behind now. I hope he isn’t fit for Friday. Apart from the fact that ex players tend to come back to haunt us, as we know he can conjure up goals from nothing.

It was a deal that was too good to turn down.
We made him an offer but he’d decided to move on, I think the club at that point had decided they would accept any reasonable offer and cash in and use some of the money to reinvest and some to put in the net spend account for paying down some debt.
I personally have no problem with him leaving, something wasn’t right the last few months of his time here (it wasn’t just him though) That said, he was a good fit for us and vice versa.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Login to get fewer ads

Will Danny Ings Be Facing The Music For Aston Villa At Southampton on 13:29 - Nov 1 with 742 views1885_SFC

Kane is proof of someone not wanting to be at a club. Forget all his bullshít about "giving it his all" after his move to City fell through. What crap. At least we didn't see a photo of Kane (or Ings) staring blankly out of an airplane window ala van Djik. How embarrassing that was.

Old School is Cool

Will Danny Ings Be Facing The Music For Aston Villa At Southampton on 13:42 - Nov 1 with 722 viewsSadoldgit

Will Danny Ings Be Facing The Music For Aston Villa At Southampton on 13:23 - Nov 1 by MytchettSaint

It was a deal that was too good to turn down.
We made him an offer but he’d decided to move on, I think the club at that point had decided they would accept any reasonable offer and cash in and use some of the money to reinvest and some to put in the net spend account for paying down some debt.
I personally have no problem with him leaving, something wasn’t right the last few months of his time here (it wasn’t just him though) That said, he was a good fit for us and vice versa.

I read it once elsewhere that he had fallen out with Ralph over the training regime and that he felt there was too much fitness work and not enough on the other aspects of the game. At the time I thought it a bit odd a) because we tired so much in the second halves of games and b) Ralph is very hot on the automatic part of the game which takes a lot of training ground work. It was probably a load of BS as it wasn’t repeated afterwards but yes, his attitude wasn’t the same after he came back from injury.
Will Danny Ings Be Facing The Music For Aston Villa At Southampton on 14:14 - Nov 1 with 696 viewsHeisenberg

Will Danny Ings Be Facing The Music For Aston Villa At Southampton on 11:52 - Nov 1 by MytchettSaint

We offered him a new contract that by all accounts would have made him the highest paid player at the club. So no we didn’t want to sell him. Once he turned it down and would leave for nothing then the club had no choice.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Will Danny Ings Be Facing The Music For Aston Villa At Southampton on 14:40 - Nov 1 with 669 viewsButty101

Will Danny Ings Be Facing The Music For Aston Villa At Southampton on 12:54 - Nov 1 by SaintNick

Nice article that also points out that because of the extended Premier League season around £19 million of money due from the Premier League was not accounted for in these accounts, so the debt would not normally have been so high.

Most Premier League clubs were in the same or a worst position than us, the debt is serviceable without needing to see players

Can you provide evidence, most clubs were in the same or worse position than us. Looking at what every other club spent in the last transfer window, what you are saying dosent stack up.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Will Danny Ings Be Facing The Music For Aston Villa At Southampton on 15:00 - Nov 1 with 641 viewsSaintNick

Will Danny Ings Be Facing The Music For Aston Villa At Southampton on 14:40 - Nov 1 by Butty101

Can you provide evidence, most clubs were in the same or worse position than us. Looking at what every other club spent in the last transfer window, what you are saying dosent stack up.

I cant provide any evidence of what was spent in the last transfer window because as im sure you would know that falls mainly into this accounting year and details havent been released yet.

That makes it very difficult to calculate exactly which clubs have what amount of debt.

This article linked seems to be the most up to date but it only goes up to June 2020 in terms of the date the debt is, which confirms what I had said in an earlier post on this thread.

https://www.1sports1.com/ranked-premier-league-clubs-with-the-most-debts/

According to this back in June 2020, Saints were ranked 13th in the premier League, in terms of debt, but it is fair to say Burnley have overtaken us due to the leavearaging of their club by the new owners back at the start of this year

Likewise Spurs have taken on substantial loans including government loans that push them near Chelsea's £1.3 billion debt.

Most of that debt is owed to Roman Abramovich though

Will Danny Ings Be Facing The Music For Aston Villa At Southampton on 16:10 - Nov 1 with 583 viewssaints__fan__73

You could have just stopped at 'I don't have any evidence'.

Why is Ings 'facing the music'?

What reason would he have for not going to Villa when they are paying him more?

We are a club just trying to stay in the PL as our long-term aim. It would be impossible for Villa's ambition to be any lower than this.

Will Danny Ings Be Facing The Music For Aston Villa At Southampton on 16:32 - Nov 1 with 562 viewsRon11

Will Danny Ings Be Facing The Music For Aston Villa At Southampton on 10:01 - Nov 1 by Heisenberg

Neither does Ings, quite a lot of the time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024