Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gerrard and Lampard 14:35 - Nov 11 with 1205 viewsPatfromPoole

Two of the key characters in England’s biggest under-achieving team over the last 50 years.

Both seem to have today got Prem jobs in teams below us in the table.

I’m not convinced either will be a success.

Think Norwich should have gone for Steve Bruce. Knows the club and knows about relegation battles.

Though we may now have a bit more competition in creaming off Chelsea’s best young players……

Hopefully no “new manager bounce” for Norwich on Saturday week.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Gerrard and Lampard on 16:20 - Nov 11 with 1135 viewsSonicBoom

Oh I don't know. I think Gerrard has done pretty well. He's quietly gone about a good job in Scotland. OK it's a two horse race but Celtic had dominated for ten years.
You don't see him on TV shows or anything, he seems to have committed himself.
I also don't think he would go from Rangers to Liverpool. It's too much of a leap and so Villa who could well be a top ten side seems to make sense.

Lampard has a little more to prove and arguably has the harder job as Norwich simply don't have the quality but I guess at least he will be battling it out at the top end of the Championship next year.
Personally I thought they were both great players and they haven't taken the easy life of a TV pundit, they've backed themselves in management and good luck to them.
Gerrard and Lampard on 17:42 - Nov 11 with 1074 viewsSadoldgit

If you had given me three vacancies and these three candidates I would have said -
Newcastle- Gerrard
Aston Villa - Lampard
Norwich - Howe

Which just goes to show how wrong you can be 😩
Gerrard and Lampard on 18:48 - Nov 11 with 996 viewssaint22

Gerrard and Lampard on 16:20 - Nov 11 by SonicBoom

Oh I don't know. I think Gerrard has done pretty well. He's quietly gone about a good job in Scotland. OK it's a two horse race but Celtic had dominated for ten years.
You don't see him on TV shows or anything, he seems to have committed himself.
I also don't think he would go from Rangers to Liverpool. It's too much of a leap and so Villa who could well be a top ten side seems to make sense.

Lampard has a little more to prove and arguably has the harder job as Norwich simply don't have the quality but I guess at least he will be battling it out at the top end of the Championship next year.
Personally I thought they were both great players and they haven't taken the easy life of a TV pundit, they've backed themselves in management and good luck to them.

Agreed, I think Gerrard has done well and will do well
He seems to have that nasty streak to him managers need, determined
Gerrard and Lampard on 19:11 - Nov 11 with 974 viewssaint901

Not sure that underperforming as a player (allegedly) means much in managerial matters?

Gerrard seems to be a more studious coach and manager preferring to build quietly. I think that even at the bottom end of the Prem however, he will find the intensity difficult to adjust to.

Norwich are a poor side. They won at the weekend but (in my view) that was a piece of individual skill and some luck.

I'm not sure that either Villa or Norwich can bounce for the new manager without new players and they're at least two months away.

(Mind you if Villa play like they did in the second half against us, they will pick up some results).
Gerrard and Lampard on 06:55 - Nov 12 with 752 viewssaintwizzler

Gerrard and Lampard on 19:11 - Nov 11 by saint901

Not sure that underperforming as a player (allegedly) means much in managerial matters?

Gerrard seems to be a more studious coach and manager preferring to build quietly. I think that even at the bottom end of the Prem however, he will find the intensity difficult to adjust to.

Norwich are a poor side. They won at the weekend but (in my view) that was a piece of individual skill and some luck.

I'm not sure that either Villa or Norwich can bounce for the new manager without new players and they're at least two months away.

(Mind you if Villa play like they did in the second half against us, they will pick up some results).

Villa have too much quality to go down.
Norwich will go with Watford.
Hopefully Newcastle too, but that depends on who they get in January.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Gerrard and Lampard on 12:25 - Nov 12 with 676 viewssaint901

Gerrard and Lampard on 06:55 - Nov 12 by saintwizzler

Villa have too much quality to go down.
Norwich will go with Watford.
Hopefully Newcastle too, but that depends on who they get in January.

Going to be a lot of happy finance types at clubs looking at the players they have who will not make their team but who can be sold to NUFC, Villa and others for 50% more than they thought!

Norwich will go down, probably Watford.

If not NUFC then Leeds might struggle?
Gerrard and Lampard on 17:45 - Nov 12 with 611 viewsBicester_North

Frank has f*cked Norwich off then. Thought it would be too much of a hiding to nothing.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Gerrard and Lampard on 18:33 - Nov 13 with 509 viewskingslandstand1

Gerrard and Lampard on 17:45 - Nov 12 by Bicester_North

Frank has f*cked Norwich off then. Thought it would be too much of a hiding to nothing.

And didn't want a relegation on his CV. Why do you think Redkrap never mentions us at all
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024