Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thierry Small 20:26 - Feb 5 with 1100 viewsSaintsforeverj

Remembering, the guy is only 17, I'm not sure what I made of him. He could have got a bit of stage fright and could be much better than he showed today. He looked good going forward a couple of times but was way off the pace with his defending and a couple of times hit it straight out of play. He does look like a real physical presence though and today was only his first game. Not great today but can see potential.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2022 20:28]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Thierry Small on 20:39 - Feb 5 with 1054 viewsBison

100% , was like a rabbit in headlights.

They saw that and pulled him at 1/2 time. His time will come but he not ready for a a big occasion yet, we edged the game but we certainly learnt alot about our squad today.

If anyone thinks we should of put out a full strength squad needs to ask themselves how do we develop players ? Really enjoyed the cut and thrust , the difference the subs made. The fitness levels.

Here we go...... just play strongest 11.......... nah sorry dinosaurs.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Thierry Small on 20:49 - Feb 5 with 1016 viewsElijahK

Yeah well like you’ve said, it was his debut and he’s quite a young player, as I remember KWP not being too impressive for his first few games, and look how he turned out! But yeah I wouldn’t judge him on this game, and hopefully we can have a game coming up where we can get a few ahead so he can get a few extra minutes coming on towards the end to show what he’s got.
As he certainly wasn’t the greatest today, but I still remember of what the Everton lot thought of him when we got him, and how they really wanted to keep him, so he certainly should have potential.

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Thierry Small on 21:35 - Feb 5 with 941 viewsSadoldgit

Didn’t see the first half so missed him but as said, he is only 17. Give him time.
Thierry Small on 22:18 - Feb 5 with 894 viewssaintwizzler

Thierry Small on 20:39 - Feb 5 by Bison

They saw that and pulled him at 1/2 time. His time will come but he not ready for a a big occasion yet, we edged the game but we certainly learnt alot about our squad today.

If anyone thinks we should of put out a full strength squad needs to ask themselves how do we develop players ? Really enjoyed the cut and thrust , the difference the subs made. The fitness levels.

I want to win every game so I believe you should play your strongest team.

*changes avatar from troll to T-Rex 🦖

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Thierry Small on 22:33 - Feb 5 with 856 viewsBicester_North

Horrendous for 30 minutes but recovered well for the last 15 and a couple of decent runs and crosses. Looked better after Redmond came on and put his arm round him a bit and gave him a few instructions

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Thierry Small on 07:51 - Feb 6 with 702 viewscocklebreath

Thierry Small on 20:39 - Feb 5 by Bison

WALOB

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Thierry Small on 08:22 - Feb 6 with 659 viewsSalisburySaint

Thierry Small on 22:33 - Feb 5 by Bicester_North

Horrendous for 30 minutes but recovered well for the last 15 and a couple of decent runs and crosses. Looked better after Redmond came on and put his arm round him a bit and gave him a few instructions

Looked awful playing wing back, seemed to forget he needed to defend in that role, but looked better when playing full back.

Overall not good enough yesterday, but not everyone hits the ground running, so give the lad time and don’t write him off on the basis of one half of football
Thierry Small on 09:22 - Feb 6 with 595 viewsNumber_58

The spectacular near own goal seemed to freak him out and he never really recovered his composure. The fact that the rest of the team were nearly as bad didn't help the poor lad either. I watched him play for the U23s before Xmas and he was excellent. I'm sure he'll be fine.
Login to get fewer ads

Thierry Small on 10:22 - Feb 6 with 538 viewsSaintNick

Thierry Small on 08:22 - Feb 6 by SalisburySaint

Looked awful playing wing back, seemed to forget he needed to defend in that role, but looked better when playing full back.

Overall not good enough yesterday, but not everyone hits the ground running, so give the lad time and don’t write him off on the basis of one half of football

Spot on he is only 17 give him a chance, he showed promise, what he lacked was a little bit of experience, he was in a side that basically was playing a formation that hasn't been our first choice option and with players who in the main arent first choice either against a Coventry side who were playing out of their skin.

It was far from the worst debut I have ever seen and he has real potential,

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Thierry Small on 11:22 - Feb 6 with 492 viewsNewdawn2014

but well saved by Willie .
Thierry Small on 11:48 - Feb 6 with 476 viewssaint68

He looked pretty shell-shocked if honest..but probably not the right game to start him in...it was Coventry's final in reality and he froze.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024