Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sell Out Game 10:12 - Feb 6 with 892 viewsSaintNick

How come yesterdays "sell out" game was around 600 down on the sell out against Manchester City

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Sell Out Game on 10:16 - Feb 6 with 868 viewsBerber

Maybe not all the away fan tickets were taken up?
Sell Out Game on 10:18 - Feb 6 with 863 views1ASIN12

The empty block between the Northam and the Itchen would not have helped
Sell Out Game on 10:18 - Feb 6 with 863 viewsdirk_doone

I don't know whether you noticed but there was one block in the Northam kept completely empty.

I think it was so the police and their guests in their 'corporate box' could get a better vew of the game. It certainly encouraged a few Coventry fans to run into it and celebrate their goal. If they'd had the normal segregation with the black tarpaulin, like on the other side of the Northam, instead of leaving a whole block empty, that wouldn't have happened.

The front half of the lower corporate block in the Itchen centre, was also empty.

I spoke to several people who knew Saints fans who couldn't get tickets. All in all, the ticketing arrangements for the game were a bit of a shambles.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2022 10:20]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Sell Out Game on 10:41 - Feb 6 with 825 viewsSaintNick

Sell Out Game on 10:18 - Feb 6 by dirk_doone

I don't know whether you noticed but there was one block in the Northam kept completely empty.

I think it was so the police and their guests in their 'corporate box' could get a better vew of the game. It certainly encouraged a few Coventry fans to run into it and celebrate their goal. If they'd had the normal segregation with the black tarpaulin, like on the other side of the Northam, instead of leaving a whole block empty, that wouldn't have happened.

The front half of the lower corporate block in the Itchen centre, was also empty.

I spoke to several people who knew Saints fans who couldn't get tickets. All in all, the ticketing arrangements for the game were a bit of a shambles.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2022 10:20]

The block was for segregation purposes.

I know you like to bang on about the Northam being all home fans, but it isn't going to happen for logistical reasons, yesterday saw Coventry get a mere 325 extra tickets, yes it meant some Saints fans missed out, but given that out of 13 home games this season only three have sold out and two of them you could get tickets on the ticket exchange easily enough, it isn't a problem, I would say that for this game virtually everyone who wanted to go had bought their tickets, only a handful missing out as they had meant to get tickets but hadn't got round to it as they assumed it wouldn't sell out

The home end situation could be easily solved by everyone moving to the Chapel end

Sell Out Game on 10:48 - Feb 6 with 800 viewsdirk_doone

Sell Out Game on 10:41 - Feb 6 by SaintNick

I know you like to bang on about the Northam being all home fans, but it isn't going to happen for logistical reasons, yesterday saw Coventry get a mere 325 extra tickets, yes it meant some Saints fans missed out, but given that out of 13 home games this season only three have sold out and two of them you could get tickets on the ticket exchange easily enough, it isn't a problem, I would say that for this game virtually everyone who wanted to go had bought their tickets, only a handful missing out as they had meant to get tickets but hadn't got round to it as they assumed it wouldn't sell out

The home end situation could be easily solved by everyone moving to the Chapel end

That's not me, Nick, but I know who you mean. I'm the one who bangs on about the Chapel end being our home end and asking why the hell our singers don't use it.

The black tarpaulin works much better for segregation. Other clubs in the country don't need to keep a whole block empty. Are our fans really that much more dangerous? If so, I would have thought the ones on the Kingsland side of the Northam are potentially more likely to cause trouble so why don't they need a whole block empty on that side as well?

As I said, the police in their 'corporate box' wanted a nice clear view of the game. They seem to see their day out at the football as a perk of the job. The poor stewards are the ones who have to deal with any trouble, even though they're getting paid nowhere near as much.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2022 11:08]

Sell Out Game on 12:12 - Feb 6 with 722 viewsSaintNick

Sell Out Game on 10:48 - Feb 6 by dirk_doone

That's not me, Nick, but I know who you mean. I'm the one who bangs on about the Chapel end being our home end and asking why the hell our singers don't use it.

The black tarpaulin works much better for segregation. Other clubs in the country don't need to keep a whole block empty. Are our fans really that much more dangerous? If so, I would have thought the ones on the Kingsland side of the Northam are potentially more likely to cause trouble so why don't they need a whole block empty on that side as well?

As I said, the police in their 'corporate box' wanted a nice clear view of the game. They seem to see their day out at the football as a perk of the job. The poor stewards are the ones who have to deal with any trouble, even though they're getting paid nowhere near as much.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2022 11:08]

I agree with you about the segregation, I think the police have panicked a bit after the recent news about football related violence going up.

They wouldnt have had a better view though they are well above the seated areas from their box and anyway rely more on cctv than the naked eye.

Sell Out Game on 19:33 - Feb 6 with 555 viewsSouthSeaSaint

I think the capacity figure may be affected by corporate numbers.
The Mick Channon and Terry Paine Suites probably have a capacity of 300-500 people.
Also there were 47 Corporate Boxes when St Marys was built with each holding 10 people.
However due to poor take up of the Boxes (as a consequence of very poor marketing and annual costs of around £50k+ per Box) the number has been reduced to probably 40 and there didnt seem to be many occupied yesterday.
Sell Out Game on 19:48 - Feb 6 with 533 viewsdirk_doone

Sell Out Game on 19:33 - Feb 6 by SouthSeaSaint

I think the capacity figure may be affected by corporate numbers.
The Mick Channon and Terry Paine Suites probably have a capacity of 300-500 people.
Also there were 47 Corporate Boxes when St Marys was built with each holding 10 people.
However due to poor take up of the Boxes (as a consequence of very poor marketing and annual costs of around £50k+ per Box) the number has been reduced to probably 40 and there didnt seem to be many occupied yesterday.

For the West Ham game, if they had the capacity, they could easily sell 40,000 tickets but there will still be empty seats because of corporate cr@p, over the top fan segregation, Club staff and family not taking up their seats etc.

Login to get fewer ads

Sell Out Game on 20:21 - Feb 6 with 495 viewsgrumpy

Sell Out Game on 10:41 - Feb 6 by SaintNick

'The home end situation could be easily solved by everyone moving to the Chapel end'

How does that work, what about the season ticket holders already there?
Sell Out Game on 20:37 - Feb 6 with 475 viewsdirk_doone

Sell Out Game on 20:21 - Feb 6 by grumpy

'The home end situation could be easily solved by everyone moving to the Chapel end'

How does that work, what about the season ticket holders already there?

There aren't that many in the Chapel as you can see from the website map when tickets go on sale for matches. There is certainly room for 2,000 singers. At the last 2 home games there has been a little bit of singing in the middle of the Chapel. For the Coventry game it was just after we scored our first goal. The'Come on you Reds' chant usually takes off there. But, it needs a few more hardcore singers to really get it going.

Usually in a home end, there are only a few hundred in the middle who always sing, then the singing spreads out from them to the rest of the end at high points in the game. It was the same at the Dell.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2022 20:38]

Sell Out Game on 20:42 - Feb 6 with 454 viewsgrumpy

Sell Out Game on 20:37 - Feb 6 by dirk_doone

There aren't that many in the Chapel as you can see from the website map when tickets go on sale for matches. There is certainly room for 2,000 singers. At the last 2 home games there has been a little bit of singing in the middle of the Chapel. For the Coventry game it was just after we scored our first goal. The'Come on you Reds' chant usually takes off there. But, it needs a few more hardcore singers to really get it going.

Usually in a home end, there are only a few hundred in the middle who always sing, then the singing spreads out from them to the rest of the end at high points in the game. It was the same at the Dell.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2022 20:38]

There needs a concerted effort to relocate there, Dirk.
Its ridiculous what happens now on big match days.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024