Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nathan Jones 11:30 - Feb 1 with 1603 viewsgrumpy

You got the team selection and tactics wrong.
But credit to you and your team they never gave up.
Nathan Jones on 11:40 - Feb 1 with 1560 viewssaints__fan__73

No, there is no credit to him.

We looked ok, but only after the tie was lost.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Nathan Jones on 12:02 - Feb 1 with 1512 viewsdirk_doone

As usual nowadays, our players started the game looking like a confused bunch of individuals. If the opposition applies pressure then, we are beaten. But as games progress our players seem to gradually work it out among themselves what to do. In contrast, Newcastle came out like a slick, wel-oiled machine and their well-practised passing moves led to both their goals. The few goals we score nowadays are nearly all individual efforts, mostly free-kicks and long-range shots. There is a distinct lack of attacking teamwork and our speculative crosses and passes into the opposition penalty area almost never find another player in a Saints shirt.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Nathan Jones on 12:36 - Feb 1 with 1408 viewspjt50

Never giving up is the minimum I expect from a bunch of pampered, grossly overpaid professionals when 3000 fans have travelled all that way to support them.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Nathan Jones on 12:58 - Feb 1 with 1347 viewsgrumpy

I haven't changed into a Jones supporter.
I still think he is well out of his depth in the Premiership but its not his fault he got the job.
We can see he is doing his best and we can see its not good enough but the fault lies with those that employed him.
When I saw the starting line up I couldn't believe it.
But what can we do,hes not going to get sacked so we have to make the most of it.
The two signings give me hope we can pull away.
If he starts putting them on the bench then I will lose it.
Nathan Jones on 13:05 - Feb 1 with 1313 viewsMattFinish

I don't think he's the man for the job but he's our manager and we've got to get behind the team now
Confidence is an easy thing for the supporters to help build or even more easy for the fans to shatter. Look at the idiot boo boys destruction of Fraser Forsters confidence

Like you say Grumps we've now got the striker and attacking midfielders Ralph needed for the last three years so hopefully onwards and uppwards
Nathan Jones on 13:46 - Feb 1 with 1228 viewsgrumpy

Nathan Jones on 13:05 - Feb 1 by MattFinish

I don't think he's the man for the job but he's our manager and we've got to get behind the team now
Confidence is an easy thing for the supporters to help build or even more easy for the fans to shatter. Look at the idiot boo boys destruction of Fraser Forsters confidence

Like you say Grumps we've now got the striker and attacking midfielders Ralph needed for the last three years so hopefully onwards and uppwards

I know you were a Ralph supporter,Matt.
Credit to you,I was wrong to call for him to go.
All Ralph wanted was what has now been given to Jones.
I liked Ralph and I could see his frustration, you could see it pulling him down so I thought it best he left.
I never thought the club would get a new manager with no Premiership experience to take over Saints in our perilous position.
I miss Ralph,I could even forgive his two 9-0s.
Nathan Jones on 13:59 - Feb 1 with 1197 viewsCenturion

Well, tbh, I think he needs time.
We may well get relegated, but even if we do give the manager time and I am sure he will get better.
Not a time to jump horses.
Nathan Jones on 16:31 - Feb 1 with 1035 viewsBerber

With respect, that is like giving credit to entrants for the Darwin awards for having a go. For the first half, they looked like a bunch of strangers having a kick about on the beach. I don’t see any sign of a plan or organisation. Has anyone got a clue what we are trying to accomplish as a team? Things seem to be drifting towards chaos and apathy. Though I did see Diallo beat a few players as he hared sideways across the pitch.
Login to get fewer ads

Nathan Jones on 19:56 - Feb 1 with 881 viewsPatfromPoole

Disturbingly, Jones successfully embraces the very worst traits of Redknapp and Mourinho.

Nothing is his fault, and he has ridiculous arrogance (wholly misplaced).

Sport Republic can spend all they like; when they get the single biggest decision so badly wrong, it will be likely to end in tears.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Nathan Jones on 11:35 - Feb 2 with 671 viewsMattFinish

Nathan Jones on 13:46 - Feb 1 by grumpy

I know you were a Ralph supporter,Matt.
Credit to you,I was wrong to call for him to go.
All Ralph wanted was what has now been given to Jones.
I liked Ralph and I could see his frustration, you could see it pulling him down so I thought it best he left.
I never thought the club would get a new manager with no Premiership experience to take over Saints in our perilous position.
I miss Ralph,I could even forgive his two 9-0s.

Yeah I felt sorry for him. Poor investment under Gao and then the owners failing to get him a striker and you could just see he was ground down for sure

If you think he kept us in the PL for four seasons with what he had to work with it was remarkable. Not only that but we were only in the relegation spots for 4 weeks in his tenure and he took us to the top of the table and 2 cup quarter finals and a semifinal

His detractors said we tailed off in games and tailed off at the end of seasons but it was due to squad quality/depth, the fact that injuries or suspensions and we had to play youth team players and more importantly the lack of a goal scorer

However good your defence is they are going to buckle if they know they are under 90 minutes of pressure to keep a clean sheet because they know the strikers are unlikely to score and are incapable of holding the ball

At no point did I ever fear relegation under Ralph. I hope we haven’t made a huge mistake
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024