Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How Bad Is This 13:41 - Mar 7 with 809 viewsSaintNick

Russian Gymnast taped pro war symbol to his chest for medals ceremony

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/gymnastics/60641891

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

How Bad Is This on 13:48 - Mar 7 with 782 viewsdirk_doone

He won't be doing much gymnastics when Putin turns the earth into a nuclear wasteland but maybe he's hoping to secure himself a place in a VIP bunker in Moscow.

The problem is that most Russians only understand their news in Russian and that gives them a very distorted view of the situation so, unfortunately, unbelievable as it may seem to us, the majority of them still support Putin. Of course, when it's all over and Putin is dead, they will say they didn't know what was happening, just the same as most Germans did after Hitler's death.

Just imagine, for example, if the only true news was in Chinese and all of the English news was telling us lies. What would we believe?
[Post edited 7 Mar 2022 13:58]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

How Bad Is This on 14:02 - Mar 7 with 737 viewsPaleRider

How Bad Is This on 13:48 - Mar 7 by dirk_doone

He won't be doing much gymnastics when Putin turns the earth into a nuclear wasteland but maybe he's hoping to secure himself a place in a VIP bunker in Moscow.

The problem is that most Russians only understand their news in Russian and that gives them a very distorted view of the situation so, unfortunately, unbelievable as it may seem to us, the majority of them still support Putin. Of course, when it's all over and Putin is dead, they will say they didn't know what was happening, just the same as most Germans did after Hitler's death.

Just imagine, for example, if the only true news was in Chinese and all of the English news was telling us lies. What would we believe?
[Post edited 7 Mar 2022 13:58]

The parallels with Hitler are good:

For the Spanish Civil War read Syrian Civil War;
For Sudetenland read Crimea, Eastern UKraine & Georgia.

He even gave us more warning than Hitler and we did nothing. Even worse, we have allowed wealthy citizens of many terrible countries (not just Russia) to educate their kids in this country, buy property in this country, hide wealth in this country and even fund our political parties.

I heard a suggestion that we should use the mansions of Russian oligarchs to house refugees. Not a bad idea.
How Bad Is This on 14:13 - Mar 7 with 723 viewsDorsetIan

Many in the UK and the US have praised or excused Putin over the last few years. (Trump in particular).

Often it's with a mealy-mouthed, 'I don't support him, but I do admire his strength' type of b0ll0cks.

Eventually they will be judged in exactly the same way that the apologists for the Nazis in the 1930s are now judged. And rightly so - as if the lessons of the twentieth century weren't enough to stop even fools being seduced by strongmen.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

How Bad Is This on 18:12 - Mar 7 with 567 viewskingslandstand1

How Bad Is This on 14:02 - Mar 7 by PaleRider

The parallels with Hitler are good:

For the Spanish Civil War read Syrian Civil War;
For Sudetenland read Crimea, Eastern UKraine & Georgia.

He even gave us more warning than Hitler and we did nothing. Even worse, we have allowed wealthy citizens of many terrible countries (not just Russia) to educate their kids in this country, buy property in this country, hide wealth in this country and even fund our political parties.

I heard a suggestion that we should use the mansions of Russian oligarchs to house refugees. Not a bad idea.

"I heard a suggestion that we should use the mansions of Russian oligarchs to house refugees. Not a bad idea."

Sell the houses and with the multi millions raised house the refugees in the affordable places you can build with the cash

Not practical I know but I'm sure you could house more that way
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024