Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harry Kane Wants To Shines Light On Quatar 22:03 - Mar 23 with 1244 viewsSaintNick

So he says after England team meeting, but he doesn't want to actually do anything about it it seems !

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60852693

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Harry Kane Wants To Shines Light On Quatar on 22:52 - Mar 23 with 1192 viewsA1079

May be I am just old and cynical Nick, but I find these interviews cringeworthy and I feel that these players just say what they think people want to hear or worse still they are primed what to say. If they were really that principled or it bothered them that much they could always refuse to play in the tournament and boycott it.
Harry Kane Wants To Shines Light On Quatar on 06:34 - Mar 24 with 1096 viewsdwayne_dibley

Harry Kane Wants To Shines Light On Quatar on 22:52 - Mar 23 by A1079

May be I am just old and cynical Nick, but I find these interviews cringeworthy and I feel that these players just say what they think people want to hear or worse still they are primed what to say. If they were really that principled or it bothered them that much they could always refuse to play in the tournament and boycott it.

...but would anyone who mattered care

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Harry Kane Wants To Shines Light On Quatar on 09:16 - Mar 24 with 1029 viewssaint901

Kane is parroting what the FA has told him to say.

The questions in the press conference would have been planted and allowed Kane to roll out the prepared answer. Given the normal levels of articulate speech most players seem to have, such a polished answer only comes when prepared.

In allowing himself to be a mouthpiece of the FA, Kane demeans himself, the FA, the England set up and most of all those abused in Qatar which despite all their hollow promises still has an appalling human rights record.

If Kane had any integrity he would say what HE thinks and not what the FA thinks we want to hear.

To do that however, it means giving up your England career and perhaps other sanctions. It would be a very brave player to do that a few months before a World Cup.
Harry Kane Wants To Shines Light On Quatar on 10:02 - Mar 24 with 996 viewsPaleRider

Harry Kane Wants To Shines Light On Quatar on 09:16 - Mar 24 by saint901

Kane is parroting what the FA has told him to say.

The questions in the press conference would have been planted and allowed Kane to roll out the prepared answer. Given the normal levels of articulate speech most players seem to have, such a polished answer only comes when prepared.

In allowing himself to be a mouthpiece of the FA, Kane demeans himself, the FA, the England set up and most of all those abused in Qatar which despite all their hollow promises still has an appalling human rights record.

If Kane had any integrity he would say what HE thinks and not what the FA thinks we want to hear.

To do that however, it means giving up your England career and perhaps other sanctions. It would be a very brave player to do that a few months before a World Cup.

I think the first question that we all need to ask is what will we all do next winter? I plan to not watch the World Cup at all. This may be difficult if England do well but for me this is a small price to pay and, at best, is a gesture. However, it's up to everyone what they do but the more people that boycott the more attention this will drive.

As to Kane and the FA, the FA will do, well FA, because they are a deeply corrupt organisation that is interested in one thing only - money. I'm not sure what the sanctions would be on individual players as I don't think a contract would specify you have to play/attend if picked.

901, you also didn't mention a key element and that's the media - particularly the BBC and ITV. In my view their attitude is as disgusting as the FA and you know that Big Ears etc. will be fawning away as much as ever - sickening!
Harry Kane Wants To Shines Light On Quatar on 10:50 - Mar 24 with 948 viewsSaintNick

Harry Kane Wants To Shines Light On Quatar on 10:02 - Mar 24 by PaleRider

I think the first question that we all need to ask is what will we all do next winter? I plan to not watch the World Cup at all. This may be difficult if England do well but for me this is a small price to pay and, at best, is a gesture. However, it's up to everyone what they do but the more people that boycott the more attention this will drive.

As to Kane and the FA, the FA will do, well FA, because they are a deeply corrupt organisation that is interested in one thing only - money. I'm not sure what the sanctions would be on individual players as I don't think a contract would specify you have to play/attend if picked.

901, you also didn't mention a key element and that's the media - particularly the BBC and ITV. In my view their attitude is as disgusting as the FA and you know that Big Ears etc. will be fawning away as much as ever - sickening!

Whatever happens it needs to be done now so that a co ordinated boycott could happen, that means players from all the top countries standing together, as you say it probably will never happen

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Harry Kane Wants To Shines Light On Quatar on 12:36 - Mar 24 with 886 viewssaint901

Harry Kane Wants To Shines Light On Quatar on 10:50 - Mar 24 by SaintNick

Whatever happens it needs to be done now so that a co ordinated boycott could happen, that means players from all the top countries standing together, as you say it probably will never happen

The players will not boycott the WC. For some it will be only time they get to play at such a level.

The boycott needs to be at the country FA level. Can you imagine what FIFA would have done if England, Germany, France, Spain, Italy had all said "no" to Qatar?

They could have held a tournament without them but how mush would their TV rights have decreased in value?

Equally if the FA here said "no" and didn't get a nice fat cheque from FIFA would that really have been a blow that could not have been survived?

No.

But the FA is gutless and has no integrity.

My son writes for the Reading FC publications and has been telling me for years that the EFL is corrupt and fails to look after the clubs and players in its competitions. I confess that I've been reluctant to believe him but he has a point and the FA is to blame.

Will I watch the WC?

I'd like to say no because I am angry about the corruption and graft that secured it, at the sell out from FIFA and that once again football dances to the dirty money tune.

Unfortunately I suspect that I will see some matches.

I will have to give some thought about how I reconcile my position and what I can do to record my protest.
Harry Kane Wants To Shines Light On Quatar on 13:16 - Mar 24 with 848 viewsPatfromPoole

I can see the whole tournament being delayed due to the difficulty of the Scotland v Ukraine play-off.

Gives FIFA the scope to get away with delaying it, and more time for the infrastructure to be in place.

I wouldn’t be booking flights / hotels etc, that’s for sure.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024