Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forever Saint Award For The Wallace Brothers 09:53 - Apr 17 with 886 viewsSaintNick

I see they have all been given the Forever Saint award yesterday.

I'm a little uncomfortable with this, whilst Danny is a true contender for the award having played over 300 games for the club in a 9 year spell in the first team squad, the other two are a little controversial.

Rod Wallace was a decent player and made around 150 appearances in 4 years, but he left in controversial circumstances as did his brother Ray who played only around 40 times in the same period.

The agent of the brothers was Bob Higgins who had left the club after being accused of sexually abusing youth team players in his charge and would indeed be eventually found guilty of that a couple of decades later.

All three Wallaces had him as their agent and did not ostracise Higgins when he was accused, despite the fact that they must have known those who had been abused and surely what was going on.

Higgins wanted the younger Wallace's out of the club and made them run down their contracts meaning Saints got a lower fee than they would have got if they had been transferred.

Sorry but for me I could just about wear Danny getting the Forwever Saint award, but not the other two, even without the Higgins connection they have not done enough for Saints to deserve it.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Forever Saint Award For The Wallace Brothers on 11:21 - Apr 17 with 793 viewsBicester_North

Agree with this, also remember Rod going straight up to the Archers to give our fans grief after he scored for Leeds against us.

For that reason, I’m out.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Forever Saint Award For The Wallace Brothers on 11:54 - Apr 17 with 747 viewsCity_boy

Who nominated / awarded them this award. They wouldn't have got my vote for reasons already stated .

Raymond was awful and probably only got a contract because of Rod, and Danny,
Forever Saint Award For The Wallace Brothers on 12:54 - Apr 17 with 692 viewsChesham_Saint

I agree. Yet another example of the sanctimony of football.

Three brothers in the same team at once? What’s not to like?

Danny and Rod were terrific players. Both didn’t seem that bothered about us when they left. Ray was an also ran.

Higgins and the way they left was a disgrace/unsavoury.

Danny gets ill and rightly, has the affection of fans.

Time passes, nostalgia clouds…

Danny still tragically unwell.

Half time needs filling/fans love condescension.

Bingo! Half time interview with the Sainted Kenzie.

General self congratulatory feel good applause from the crowd follows….

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Forever Saint Award For The Wallace Brothers on 14:09 - Apr 17 with 649 viewsgreen

Read Danny Wallace's book, "Danny Boy: My Autobiography" and there's a picture of all three of the brothers with Bob Higgins.

He also recounts how he got into a scrap at a curry house with some Saints fans after he'd left.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024