Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The re-build starts today 18:11 - May 22 with 2595 viewsinthebox

Are there any players from the relegated sides you would sign up?
The re-build starts today on 18:19 - May 22 with 2556 views1885_SFC

Nick Pope should be top of our 'Most Wanted' list - no question.

Old School is Cool

The re-build starts today on 18:38 - May 22 with 2509 viewsElijahK

The re-build starts today on 18:19 - May 22 by 1885_SFC

Yeah well seeing that Burnley are now gone, he’d be a perfect signing to start off the summer and let these new owners show us that they will help us out when we need it

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

The re-build starts today on 18:40 - May 22 with 2496 viewsBicester_North

The re-build starts today on 18:19 - May 22 by 1885_SFC

Followed by Tarkowski

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

The re-build starts today on 18:46 - May 22 with 2474 viewskingolaf

The re-build starts today on 18:40 - May 22 by Bicester_North

Followed by Tarkowski

and Ben Mee
The re-build starts today on 18:51 - May 22 with 2459 viewssaint68

Greatest decision would be to fuk off the Alpine Klopp..

No point building a fortress on sand.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

The re-build starts today on 18:55 - May 22 with 2446 views1885_SFC

Followed by Tarkowski

Agree, he's a terrific CB - but he's 30 this year & won't fit Saints' age structure (aka ; sell on for loads of £££££).

Old School is Cool

The re-build starts today on 19:29 - May 22 with 2333 viewssaintwizzler

Every year this starts.
Players from relegated clubs.
They are relegated for a reason

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

The re-build starts today on 19:40 - May 22 with 2318 viewsElijahK

The re-build starts today on 19:29 - May 22 by saintwizzler

Every year this starts.

Yeah and the likes of Pope almost single handedly kept them up!

Login to get fewer ads

The re-build starts today on 21:29 - May 22 with 2138 viewssaint22

Followed by Tarkowski

Agree pope and tarkowski would be good additions for sure
I am sure we will be comfortably outbid by others
The re-build starts today on 21:34 - May 22 with 2134 viewsBicester_North

Every year this starts.

Aaron Ramsdale has been doing alright

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

The re-build starts today on 22:50 - May 22 with 2015 viewshedgeend61

Every year this starts.

Burnley didn't get relegated because of their defensive record, (10 PL sides let in more), their problems lied elsewhere.

Pope, Tarkoski and Mee would walk in to our side easy, though Pope would have better options than us you'd have thought.
The re-build starts today on 00:29 - May 23 with 1921 viewsElijahK

The re-build starts today on 22:50 - May 22 by hedgeend61

Burnley didn't get relegated because of their defensive record, (10 PL sides let in more), their problems lied elsewhere.

Pope, Tarkoski and Mee would walk in to our side easy, though Pope would have better options than us you'd have thought.

You’d think so at first, but then again, he wants to make that England squad for Qatar, and if he’s to do so he’s gotta be playing week in week out for it, and there isn’t any teams who are miles ahead of us who need a new keeper like us.
As all the “top 6” have quality keepers with only Llories getting old, but he’s still captain for France and until that changes, he’s staying as their number 1.
All the teams who finished higher in the midtable and are the regular PL teams (Leicester, West Ham, Newcastle, Wolves etc) all also do have decent keepers and none are too desperate for new ones, and with Newcastles new owners I’d of thought that they’d be going for more of an Neuer/Oblak type keeper rather than Pope.
So that just leaves the lower teams/non regular PL teams, and I’d hope (for the very least) that we could outbid any of them that want a new keeper (none of which are as desperate as us though).

So unless he goes abroad or some major keeper leaves a higher team then I do think that we could have a decent chance of getting him
[Post edited 23 May 2022 0:30]

The re-build starts today on 00:39 - May 23 with 1911 viewswashington_saint

The re-build starts today on 00:29 - May 23 by ElijahK

You’d think so at first, but then again, he wants to make that England squad for Qatar, and if he’s to do so he’s gotta be playing week in week out for it, and there isn’t any teams who are miles ahead of us who need a new keeper like us.
As all the “top 6” have quality keepers with only Llories getting old, but he’s still captain for France and until that changes, he’s staying as their number 1.
All the teams who finished higher in the midtable and are the regular PL teams (Leicester, West Ham, Newcastle, Wolves etc) all also do have decent keepers and none are too desperate for new ones, and with Newcastles new owners I’d of thought that they’d be going for more of an Neuer/Oblak type keeper rather than Pope.
So that just leaves the lower teams/non regular PL teams, and I’d hope (for the very least) that we could outbid any of them that want a new keeper (none of which are as desperate as us though).

So unless he goes abroad or some major keeper leaves a higher team then I do think that we could have a decent chance of getting him
[Post edited 23 May 2022 0:30]

With the 40 million price tag Burnley have put on Pope, absolutely no chance of getting him. Even if the price were half that.
The re-build starts today on 01:01 - May 23 with 1895 views1885_SFC

The re-build starts today on 00:39 - May 23 by washington_saint

With the 40 million price tag Burnley have put on Pope, absolutely no chance of getting him. Even if the price were half that.

Not so sure about that. From the BBC Sport website this evening:

An awful day on the pitch will now spark inevitable questions about what happens off it.

In the accounts they released earlier this month, Burnley confirmed "a significant proportion" of a £65m loan taken out with American financiers MSD Holdings to complete ALK Capital's takeover in 2020 would have to be paid back "shortly" after the end of the season should the Clarets be relegated from the top flight. If they don't come straight back up a further "significant reduction of the balance" is scheduled.

And that is not all. Another £37m is owed to one of the club's holding companies, cash reserves have reduced by £30m and a £12.5m loan has been taken out as an advance on Newcastle's final payment of the Chris Wood transfer fee.

Burnley did say savings would be made due to relegation clauses in player contracts, and they have a hefty parachute payment, which next season will be 55% of their Premier League earnings from this campaign, to soften the blow.

However, player sales are inevitable. With a number of players out of contract, including star defender Tarkowski, who will leave the club this summer, and options on others, including skipper Ben Mee and striker Barnes still to be activated, the scope for generating income will be reduced.

Goalkeeper Pope and winger Dwight McNeil will be coveted. Forward Cornet has a £17.5m release clause following relegation. But Burnley will be selling from a position of weakness, so it is debatable how much they can actually raise.

Old School is Cool

The re-build starts today on 09:47 - May 23 with 1656 viewsandoverpedro

Cornet, Mee, Tarkowski would all get in ahead of the current crop , Getting on now but Cork is years ahead of diallo would also go for Nick Pope . How did this team go down ? i suppose cornet was at african nations and i think mee and tarkowski have been injured at times but still better than what we have .
The re-build starts today on 10:03 - May 23 with 1635 viewsandoverpedro

Sissoko (free transfer)
Willian Troost Ekong ( 6'4'' centre back ) both watford .
Ben Mee, James Tarkowski would be no 1 choice
Maxwell Cornet definate upgrade on what we have now has a £17m release clause .

i dont think there is anyone at Norwich .
The re-build starts today on 10:05 - May 23 with 1631 views1885_SFC

The re-build starts today on 09:47 - May 23 by andoverpedro

Cornet, Mee, Tarkowski would all get in ahead of the current crop , Getting on now but Cork is years ahead of diallo would also go for Nick Pope . How did this team go down ? i suppose cornet was at african nations and i think mee and tarkowski have been injured at times but still better than what we have .

Nick Pope is now 30, so a good few years left in him yet. He earns £35K a week at Burnley.

Pay him the departing Fraser Forster's £70K a week.

Semmens should be on that phone this morning.

Old School is Cool

The re-build starts today on 10:11 - May 23 with 1614 viewssaintwizzler

Newcastle will be sniffing around him.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

The re-build starts today on 10:18 - May 23 with 1595 views1885_SFC

The re-build starts today on 10:11 - May 23 by saintwizzler

Newcastle will be sniffing around him.

Pope is out of contract in 2023... so he'll definitely be off somewhere this Summer. I'd love him to come here of course - but then I remember that... we're Southampton.

Old School is Cool

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024