Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norway V Northern Ireland Tonight 14:40 - Jul 7 with 972 viewsSaintNick

Anyone going tonight or been in the fan zone

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Norway V Northern Ireland Tonight on 15:10 - Jul 7 with 936 viewsElijahK

Saw the fan zones earlier in town today, saw many Northern Ireland fans but no Norway ones.
Still surprised there’s not more in west quay/that fan zone

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Norway V Northern Ireland Tonight on 15:16 - Jul 7 with 932 viewsTimSaint

May give it 10 minutes because it is at St Marys
NI are the lowest ranked team and apparently have zero chance, but then they did manage to qualify against the odds.

Anyone got any idea of how many tickets have been sold for tonight ?

Apparently well over 500,000 tickets have been sold already for the tournament - but then if you think about that, about 90k for the final, 75k at Old Trafford last night - so there is a third of the total sales in 2 games.

TimSaint

Norway V Northern Ireland Tonight on 15:24 - Jul 7 with 921 viewsPatfromPoole

Norway V Northern Ireland Tonight on 15:16 - Jul 7 by TimSaint

May give it 10 minutes because it is at St Marys
NI are the lowest ranked team and apparently have zero chance, but then they did manage to qualify against the odds.

Anyone got any idea of how many tickets have been sold for tonight ?

Apparently well over 500,000 tickets have been sold already for the tournament - but then if you think about that, about 90k for the final, 75k at Old Trafford last night - so there is a third of the total sales in 2 games.

If there’s more than 10,000 there tonight I’d be shocked.

Think BBC1 are showing it live 😳

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Norway V Northern Ireland Tonight on 15:34 - Jul 7 with 906 viewsTimSaint

Norway V Northern Ireland Tonight on 15:24 - Jul 7 by PatfromPoole

If there’s more than 10,000 there tonight I’d be shocked.

Think BBC1 are showing it live 😳

8pm Kick Off - Live on BBC1

I notice that the Saints MegaStore is closed today, despite there being a game on St Marys !!

Would have thought it would be an ideal opportunity to sell off some of last season's stock, or perhaps have an 'Womens Euros' section ? Or maybe there are Euros pop up stalls around the stadium instead ? I wonder if the Old Trafford store was open last night ?

Pat - on a separate note, you have a message

TimSaint

Norway V Northern Ireland Tonight on 21:26 - Jul 7 with 701 viewsBerber

NI seem to have dragged Norway down to their level. Shockingly poor display for anyone paying money. My grandson’s U12 team play a more entertaining and technically sophisticated game. The pen for the 3rd, what the heck was the defender up to? I can’t watch the rest.
Norway V Northern Ireland Tonight on 08:28 - Jul 8 with 559 viewsSaintNick

Norway V Northern Ireland Tonight on 21:26 - Jul 7 by Berber

NI seem to have dragged Norway down to their level. Shockingly poor display for anyone paying money. My grandson’s U12 team play a more entertaining and technically sophisticated game. The pen for the 3rd, what the heck was the defender up to? I can’t watch the rest.

The bits I saw werent great, they said that 10,000 tickets had been sold, but I didn't think there was anywhere near that in the ground, suggesting that perhaps that total included giveaways and people just didn't turn up.

But you could also say that if Northern Ireland mens team were playing Norway last night at St Mary's they too would struggle to get 10,000 in.

If it is not careful womens football will shoot itself in the foot by overselling itself as something it is not, if it concentrates on developing itself rather than trying to force over the fact that it is equal to the womans game, it could have a healthy future.

It might not be pc these days, but literally everyone I know who follows a team in the Premier League, is sick to death of the hype in the woman's game.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Norway V Northern Ireland Tonight on 09:44 - Jul 8 with 504 viewsIanSouthstander

Norway V Northern Ireland Tonight on 15:34 - Jul 7 by TimSaint

8pm Kick Off - Live on BBC1

I notice that the Saints MegaStore is closed today, despite there being a game on St Marys !!

Would have thought it would be an ideal opportunity to sell off some of last season's stock, or perhaps have an 'Womens Euros' section ? Or maybe there are Euros pop up stalls around the stadium instead ? I wonder if the Old Trafford store was open last night ?

Pat - on a separate note, you have a message

I went. Official attendance was 9149, which looks about right. I'd say maybe up to a half of those were NI or Norway fans.
As Tim says, the Mega Store was closed. In fact other than supply the ground Southampton Football club seemed to have very little involvement in the event. Uefa seemed to be in total control of everything from ticketing to security to stewarding to commercial enterprises. Programmes were glossy and not bad value for 8 quid, but completely useless if you wanted to know the squads /players. One
magazine to cover the whole tournament.
Slightly disappointed in the overall quality of the match, although there were moments of genuine quality. But for a tenner , i can't really complain.
I have tickets for the other 2 games at SMS and see that mondays game is kicking off at 5pm. So i can't see there being anything like the crowd of last night due to schooling.
Really looking forward to the England game though, Should be a decent atmosphere for that.
Norway V Northern Ireland Tonight on 10:13 - Jul 8 with 471 viewsSadoldgit

Norway V Northern Ireland Tonight on 08:28 - Jul 8 by SaintNick

The bits I saw werent great, they said that 10,000 tickets had been sold, but I didn't think there was anywhere near that in the ground, suggesting that perhaps that total included giveaways and people just didn't turn up.

But you could also say that if Northern Ireland mens team were playing Norway last night at St Mary's they too would struggle to get 10,000 in.

If it is not careful womens football will shoot itself in the foot by overselling itself as something it is not, if it concentrates on developing itself rather than trying to force over the fact that it is equal to the womans game, it could have a healthy future.

It might not be pc these days, but literally everyone I know who follows a team in the Premier League, is sick to death of the hype in the woman's game.

I don’t have a problem with the hype. It will find its own level eventually and people can make their own choices. The figures are growing which means that the promotion is working and if young girls become interested in the game because of the “hype” then that can only be a good thing. I think we need to stop comparing it to mens football and let it stand in its own merits. The game of football itself is massively popular world wide and there is no reason why they should promote the womens game more. Before we banned women from playing football here it drew massive crowds. As said, the hype won’t last forever and it will find its own level. I don’t care for adverts on tv and mentally switch off when they come on. Just do the same if you don’t care for the promotion of the womens game on tv.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024