Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monaco Matchday Thread 20:21 - Jul 27 with 2386 viewsSaintNick

Saints seem to be doing well, Adam Armstrong looking sharp although it seems to be mostly a side made up ot fringe players, Romain Perraud is back so 3 full back options available now

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Monaco Matchday Thread on 20:29 - Jul 27 with 2356 viewsSaintNick

Monaco 1-0 McCarthy caught at neat right hand post a little bit against the run of play on 39 minutes

Monaco Matchday Thread on 20:30 - Jul 27 with 2340 viewsCity_boy

McCarthy didn't even make it to the start of main season before getting beat at near post !!
Hopefully this will be the performance that consigns him to the bench all next season.

0-1 Monaco.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2022 20:31]
Monaco Matchday Thread on 20:32 - Jul 27 with 2324 viewsNYC_Saint

Monaco Matchday Thread on 20:29 - Jul 27 by SaintNick

Monaco 1-0 McCarthy caught at neat right hand post a little bit against the run of play on 39 minutes

If there was a bingo game of phrases used in saints' match summaries, "Mcarthy beaten at his near post" would be very valuable.
Monaco Matchday Thread on 20:35 - Jul 27 with 2286 viewsCity_boy

Monaco Matchday Thread on 20:29 - Jul 27 by SaintNick

Agree goal was against run of play, but we have hardly troubled them. Shooting from distance a lot and rarely on target.

Just seen their goal again. Awful goal keeping. So slow to react and get down to it. It wasnt as if it was hit with unstoppable power. McCarthy is just not good enough and can only assume he has some compromising pictures to keep getting game time ?
[Post edited 27 Jul 2022 20:40]
Monaco Matchday Thread on 20:44 - Jul 27 with 2250 viewsSaintNick

Monaco Matchday Thread on 20:35 - Jul 27 by City_boy

Agree goal was against run of play, but we have hardly troubled them. Shooting from distance a lot and rarely on target.

Just seen their goal again. Awful goal keeping. So slow to react and get down to it. It wasnt as if it was hit with unstoppable power. McCarthy is just not good enough and can only assume he has some compromising pictures to keep getting game time ?
[Post edited 27 Jul 2022 20:40]

I would assume that Ralph doesnt want to use Bazunu twice in 4 days, I can't see any other choice other than Bazunu, mind you I though that Forster played better pre season than McCarthy and added to that played better at the tail end of 2020/21 yet McCarthy still got in come the first League game

Monaco Matchday Thread on 20:52 - Jul 27 with 2186 viewssaintwizzler

Djenepo on for Perraud at half time.

He is going to start at Left Back/Left Wing Back v Spurs isn’t he?

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Monaco Matchday Thread on 20:54 - Jul 27 with 2174 viewsSaintNick

Monaco Matchday Thread on 20:52 - Jul 27 by saintwizzler

Djenepo on for Perraud at half time.

He is going to start at Left Back/Left Wing Back v Spurs isn’t he?

Not necessarily, perraud is back after a leg fracture and hasn't played since May, I would think they wouldnt want him to play a full game tonight. just ease himself back in

Monaco Matchday Thread on 20:58 - Jul 27 with 2153 viewssaintwizzler

Monaco Matchday Thread on 20:54 - Jul 27 by SaintNick

Not necessarily, perraud is back after a leg fracture and hasn't played since May, I would think they wouldnt want him to play a full game tonight. just ease himself back in

I hope you are correct.

As it’s been said in the past Djenepo looks like a member of the public who has won a competition to play in a Southampton friendly.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Login to get fewer ads

Monaco Matchday Thread on 21:00 - Jul 27 with 2141 viewsSaintNick

Monaco Matchday Thread on 20:58 - Jul 27 by saintwizzler

I hope you are correct.

As it’s been said in the past Djenepo looks like a member of the public who has won a competition to play in a Southampton friendly.

Goal Adam Armstrong, good play by Redmond followed by a lay back from Armstrong for Elyounoussi who saw his shot well saved, Armstrong nipped in and got a poachers goal

This post has been edited by an administrator

Monaco Matchday Thread on 21:02 - Jul 27 with 2129 viewsSaintNick

I hope you are correct.

Djenepo is ok as a late sub impact player, but not a full 90 minutes in any position

Monaco Matchday Thread on 21:17 - Jul 27 with 2071 viewsSaintNick

Monaco Matchday Thread on 21:02 - Jul 27 by SaintNick

Djenepo is ok as a late sub impact player, but not a full 90 minutes in any position

JWP, Aribo and other subs on, Saints dominating the second half now and McCarthy a spectator

Monaco Matchday Thread on 21:21 - Jul 27 with 2059 viewsSaintNick

Monaco Matchday Thread on 21:17 - Jul 27 by SaintNick

JWP, Aribo and other subs on, Saints dominating the second half now and McCarthy a spectator

Stuart armstrong 2-1 good shot on the turn from about 12 yards

Monaco Matchday Thread on 21:33 - Jul 27 with 2012 viewsCity_boy

Monaco Matchday Thread on 21:17 - Jul 27 by SaintNick

To be fair Nick, McCarthy was a spectator in 1st half as well. He didn't move for their goal, just watched and dived when it was in the net.
Monaco Matchday Thread on 21:34 - Jul 27 with 2002 viewsSaintNick

Monaco Matchday Thread on 21:33 - Jul 27 by City_boy

To be fair Nick, McCarthy was a spectator in 1st half as well. He didn't move for their goal, just watched and dived when it was in the net.

James Ward Prowse 3-1

Monaco Matchday Thread on 21:42 - Jul 27 with 1965 viewsCity_boy

Good performance in 2nd half with many of the new signings getting a run.

Overall a good result, not that I read too much into friendlies.
Monaco Matchday Thread on 21:51 - Jul 27 with 1903 viewsSaintsforeverj

Monaco Matchday Thread on 21:42 - Jul 27 by City_boy

Good performance in 2nd half with many of the new signings getting a run.

Overall a good result, not that I read too much into friendlies.

Yeah the second half was excellent. Much more aggressive and a great goal from Ward-Prowse.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Monaco Matchday Thread on 22:15 - Jul 27 with 1792 viewsMonksway

Thought Diallo really had a good game as the holding midfielder especially when JWP came on. Positive second half.
Monaco Matchday Thread on 22:21 - Jul 27 with 1782 viewsericofarabia

Aribo looks like a decent purchase , good upper body strength on the ball. Moose for all the slagging off was like a breath of fresh air and very positive .... just let him into our defending half of the pitch.
A masterclass HT talk by Ralph? Valery and Diallo were so much better 2nd half, and some good subs made.
The more I think about it the 5 subs thing may be good as we normally have so many players below par, wholesale changes maybe a good thing after all now that we have strengthened the squad.
Monaco Matchday Thread on 07:16 - Jul 28 with 1616 viewssaint22

Monaco Matchday Thread on 22:21 - Jul 27 by ericofarabia

Aribo looks like a decent purchase , good upper body strength on the ball. Moose for all the slagging off was like a breath of fresh air and very positive .... just let him into our defending half of the pitch.
A masterclass HT talk by Ralph? Valery and Diallo were so much better 2nd half, and some good subs made.
The more I think about it the 5 subs thing may be good as we normally have so many players below par, wholesale changes maybe a good thing after all now that we have strengthened the squad.

Agreed about the 5 sub rule, as long as Ralphie doesn't wait ti, the 85th minute to make the changes
Monaco Matchday Thread on 12:29 - Jul 28 with 1442 viewsdarthvader

I hope you are correct.

I thought he done well. Much Better than normal when he sometimes try too hard to do extravagant things. Fair play to him

keep the faith coyr

Monaco Matchday Thread on 17:27 - Jul 28 with 1340 viewssaint22

Monaco Matchday Thread on 22:21 - Jul 27 by ericofarabia

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62224191
Monaco Matchday Thread on 22:37 - Jul 28 with 1230 viewshedgeend61

Anyone know what the attendance was last night?, didn't go myself, cant see it anywhere.
Monaco Matchday Thread on 07:26 - Jul 29 with 1133 viewsCity_boy

Monaco Matchday Thread on 22:37 - Jul 28 by hedgeend61

Anyone know what the attendance was last night?, didn't go myself, cant see it anywhere.

I watched some of it on a stream. At a guess, probably no more than 5,000 ?
Monaco Matchday Thread on 12:44 - Jul 29 with 1072 viewshedgeend61

Monaco Matchday Thread on 07:26 - Jul 29 by City_boy

I watched some of it on a stream. At a guess, probably no more than 5,000 ?

Poor crowd, Nick was right, club got pricing wrong.
Lessons to be learnt.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024