Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints Going To Play All Women's Games At St Mary's 22:15 - Jul 28 with 797 viewsSaintNick

Saints have just announced they are going to play all their women's games at St Mary's next season.

I'm not sure about this, even the Premier League clubs in woman's football play at smaller stadiums rather than their main stadiums, it seems we feel that the feel good factor of the Womens World cup will translate into crowds in the premier league

I think that initially that could be the case, but given that the average attendance in the premier league ranged from 667 for Birmingham to 3,567 for Manchester United, (Boosted by a 20k attendance at Old Trafford as a one off) it seems a little hopeful.

Playing at AFC Totton capacity 3k approx a good atmosphere can be generated and a fun day out, but 2,500 in St Mary's will see empty and dull.

Seems a bit of a mistake, play most of the games at Totton where there is plenty of parking nearby and close access to the players and you will attract supporters, I think that after an initial surge crowds will drop, especially with the lack of parking

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Saints Going To Play All Women's Games At St Mary's on 22:47 - Jul 28 with 757 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ticks another box Nick. If the men play at St Mary's, then the women must too, it's only fair.

I agree with you though. The world is changing dramatically.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2022 22:48]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Saints Going To Play All Women's Games At St Mary's on 07:25 - Jul 29 with 631 viewsCity_boy

I don't have a problem with women playing at St Mary's, but it seems a bit premature and would have been better to wait and and see if they can attract a reasonable crowd first. Playing in front of 2000 at St Mary's will seem empty.

There will be some novelty factor at the start, but lets see if they can maintain large crowds over a number of games. This does all seem to be about meeting diversity targets and hasn't fully been thought through.

I will be interested to see how this pans out now.
Saints Going To Play All Women's Games At St Mary's on 09:43 - Jul 31 with 454 viewsSaintNick

Saints Going To Play All Women's Games At St Mary's on 07:25 - Jul 29 by City_boy

I don't have a problem with women playing at St Mary's, but it seems a bit premature and would have been better to wait and and see if they can attract a reasonable crowd first. Playing in front of 2000 at St Mary's will seem empty.

There will be some novelty factor at the start, but lets see if they can maintain large crowds over a number of games. This does all seem to be about meeting diversity targets and hasn't fully been thought through.

I will be interested to see how this pans out now.

Pretty much my thoughts as well, I think they will get a good crowd for the first game there, but for the second against Durham it doesn't sound attractive, I think they will struggle to get much of a crowd, not only due to the football but the lack of parking etc

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024