Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My take on my away trip to Leicester City. 09:11 - Aug 21 with 1274 viewsA1079

A good journey to Leicester which I was surprised about as I was expecting a busy M1 south what with anticipated holiday traffic and the train strike but it was pretty clear. This is the first time I have been to Leicester and I found the view from the position that we were in the stadium pretty good - in fact better than the experience at Spurs from that perspective.

The first half if you take a neutral perspective was a largely non event with the quality poor on both sides. Bazunu had to make one good save and Mara had a goal ruled correctly off-side - though what was promising from it was the run and the way it was taken - showing great promise.

What was good is that we kept our shape and some of our approach play was good but the final pass was poor or not incisive enough. We seemed to be missing that big player up front.

The 2nd half was a much better prospect and both teams came out with more intent and we did what we always seem to do against Leicester and that is gift Maddison an opportunity which more often than not he seems to score from against us - and yesterday was not different. It was a poor tackle in a dangerous position and though it was a well taken goal you couldn't help thinking we should have done better with it - and that problem of conceding at the near post reared it's ugly head again.

But, like last week we suddenly sprung into life. This is quite weird as having been used to the process of taking the lead only to go onto lose we seem to have suddenly found a way of going behind before we suddenly up the tempo.

But, after the Maddison goal it was us on the front foot. Pouring forward in numbers and showing so much intent and we got a well deserved equaliser. Adams then followed it up with a sublime 2nd goal - assisted by JWP who had seemed quite quiet and unassuming through most of the game. Adams could have had a hat-trick and if there is any doubt as to whether Che Adams should be retained the answer was clear and unequivocal on this performance - we are better with him.

There were some good all round performances - Kotchap had a good game, Aribo was influential, Che Adams was potent but for me the best player over the 90 minutes was KWP - he just never stops and never gives up. I thought the often much maligned Djenepo put in a good shift and apart from a couple of dodgy moments he had a good game and looks like he really wants to do well for us.

We deserved the win and it was a thoroughly enjoyable 2nd half. There are signs of a good team but there are still underlying issues and we still need that strong person up front and I still don't see a leader at the back (though there are signs of improvement). We cannot afford to keep going behind before we spring into action - sooner or later that tactic will not end well.

Like everyone over the time he has been here I have seen good and bad with Ralph. 2 slight improvements don't suddenly make everything alright but there are signs that the coaching staff are having some influence and if ultimately that team of the pitch works then that will be good for all of us.

Just a mention on our support yesterday - it was terrific throughout even when not alot was happening. Some good range of songs for a change and a sense of togetherness on and off the pitch. A good away day all round and I cannot recall the last time I have been able to say that. I am not green to suddenly believe that we have turned a corner - there is along way to go - but there are some positive signs - a couple of good signings could help with the season ahead.

On Leicester - every time they made a substitution I thought what a good squad they have - none of their players are poor quality players (at least on paper) but apart from their goal and a few brief moments they really did not offer much.

I am not able to go to football for the next few weeks due to other commitments and personal reasons but I will miss it. But, I really do hope we press ahead as a team. Yesterday reminded me why I love a day out to football. My son came with me (the first time for a long time) and that made it even more special.
My take on my away trip to Leicester City. on 09:44 - Aug 21 with 1162 viewsChesham_Saint

Thanks for that A.

As ever a full and interesting description from you. I wasn’t able to go yesterday and that was better than reading any number of reports in the Sunday papers.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

My take on my away trip to Leicester City. on 12:38 - Aug 21 with 1006 viewskingslandstand1

. Good report as usual

Just watched MOTD and though Lineker would never mention it, we had quite rightly a player booked for simulation but how come Vardy wasn't when clearly looking for a penalty as he always does in the first half?
[Post edited 21 Aug 2022 12:40]
My take on my away trip to Leicester City. on 14:42 - Aug 21 with 910 viewsSaintsforeverj

Unfortunately, I didn't go yesterday but went to the final game of the season last season, chose the wrong one! However, great to hear about the Saints support. They are long suffering and are desperate for some celebration. Our fans really get behind the team with passion, especially away from home.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024