Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Replacement for Ralph already planned… 17:55 - Nov 6 with 4366 viewsSFC_Referee

Well from a fairly reliable source of mine, who told me about the original saints takeover back at the start of the year, I’ve now heard about what’s going to supposedly be happening with who’s in charge (although it was originally meant to not happen until the World Cup started).

As it’s been said that we’re getting the Argentinian River Plate manager “Marcelo Daniel Gallardo” when the World Cup started, with Ralph supposedly stepping down as manager.
As Gallardo’s contract is said to run out on the 8th of December (as their seasons are different over their as their breaks are in Christmas time), yet due to the World Cup being on we may have been able to get him in earlier.

But now that it’s been said that Ralph’s not going to be in charge anymore/after the World Cup, what that means for the Liverpool and Sheffield Wednesday game, I’m not too sure. Whether that’s us getting him in even earlier and just paying a compensation for it, or having someone as an interim manager for the next week.

Still will be interesting to see what happens next, and whether Ralph being sacked early will affect the original plans…
[Post edited 6 Nov 2022 18:42]

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Replacement for Ralph already planned… on 17:59 - Nov 6 with 4273 viewscocklebreath

He’s never managed?

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Replacement for Ralph already planned… on 18:00 - Nov 6 with 4242 viewscocklebreath

You’ve changed it

Replacement for Ralph already planned… on 18:05 - Nov 6 with 4192 viewsSFC_Referee

Replacement for Ralph already planned… on 18:00 - Nov 6 by cocklebreath

You’ve changed it

Yeah I accidentally got the wrong name, as when I double checked how to spell it, it came up with a completely different one to what I thought I’d been told, so put it down but thought something was wrong.
But then when I went and double checked it, I found out that it wasn’t him and that the original name I had down was incorrect, so that’s a mistake on my behalf, but it is Gallardo as many rumours have been going around about him, and he is the river plate manager who’s contract is just about to run out.

Replacement for Ralph already planned… on 18:22 - Nov 6 with 4035 viewsdarthvader

Replacement for Ralph already planned… on 18:05 - Nov 6 by SFC_Referee

Yeah I accidentally got the wrong name, as when I double checked how to spell it, it came up with a completely different one to what I thought I’d been told, so put it down but thought something was wrong.
But then when I went and double checked it, I found out that it wasn’t him and that the original name I had down was incorrect, so that’s a mistake on my behalf, but it is Gallardo as many rumours have been going around about him, and he is the river plate manager who’s contract is just about to run out.

Oh dear. Does he speaka de English?

keep the faith coyr

Replacement for Ralph already planned… on 18:23 - Nov 6 with 4022 views1885_SFC

Replacement for Ralph already planned… on 18:05 - Nov 6 by SFC_Referee

Thanks for the update Elijah.

Old School is Cool

Replacement for Ralph already planned… on 18:24 - Nov 6 with 4002 viewswashington_saint

What could possibly go wrong, appointing a complete unknown who has never been outside of Argentina................
Replacement for Ralph already planned… on 18:41 - Nov 6 with 3832 viewscocklebreath

Replacement for Ralph already planned… on 18:24 - Nov 6 by washington_saint

What could possibly go wrong, appointing a complete unknown who has never been outside of Argentina................

It’s got to be better than Ralph, no sane person plays Walcott for 60 minutes

Replacement for Ralph already planned… on 19:10 - Nov 6 with 3697 viewsdirk_doone

Replacement for Ralph already planned… on 18:22 - Nov 6 by darthvader

Oh dear. Does he speaka de English?

Does it matter that much? Pochettino didn't when he arrived here and Bielsa was much more successful at Leeds before he learned any English. A lot of successful foreign managers use interpreters. Bobby Robson did when he managed in Portugal and his interpreter learned so much about football from him that he later became a successful manager himself (Jose Mourinho).
[Post edited 6 Nov 2022 19:15]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Replacement for Ralph already planned… on 19:30 - Nov 6 with 3571 viewskingslandstand1

His name came up the other day. Apparently won a few cups and trophies etc in Argentina with River Plate, probably one of the few teams I've heard of over there, so can't be too bad
Replacement for Ralph already planned… on 20:03 - Nov 6 with 3379 viewsdirk_doone

Replacement for Ralph already planned… on 19:30 - Nov 6 by kingslandstand1

His name came up the other day. Apparently won a few cups and trophies etc in Argentina with River Plate, probably one of the few teams I've heard of over there, so can't be too bad

He has won the top trophy - the Copa Libertadores- once as a player and twice as a manager. He was also voted South American Coach of the Year three years running. We'd be doing very well to get him here.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Replacement for Ralph already planned… on 20:13 - Nov 6 with 3309 viewsgrumpy

Replacement for Ralph already planned… on 20:03 - Nov 6 by dirk_doone

He has won the top trophy - the Copa Libertadores- once as a player and twice as a manager. He was also voted South American Coach of the Year three years running. We'd be doing very well to get him here.

From what I read we would indeed be doing very well to get him here.
The Press and the fans have a nickname for him 'Napoleon'
Replacement for Ralph already planned… on 20:18 - Nov 6 with 3268 viewsTripleNiemi

Yeah my mates mum told me this as well last week as she knows a local delivery driver that pops into Staplewood once a year......
[Post edited 6 Nov 2022 20:19]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Replacement for Ralph already planned… on 20:33 - Nov 6 with 3178 viewsAvior

Bookies have him joint favourite with Nathan Jones so must be some truth in it. He played quite a lot for Argentina. Good player. Big step up though.
Replacement for Ralph already planned… on 20:45 - Nov 6 with 3124 viewsSFC_Referee

Replacement for Ralph already planned… on 20:33 - Nov 6 by Avior

Bookies have him joint favourite with Nathan Jones so must be some truth in it. He played quite a lot for Argentina. Good player. Big step up though.

Well in all fairness he’s won basically every trophy over there with them, including the South American equivalent of the champions league (aka the Copa Libertadores) twice within just 8 seasons there. And has been there whilst many top players have, so seeing how we’re getting him for fee, I don’t think it’s too bad of a managerial option

Replacement for Ralph already planned… on 20:51 - Nov 6 with 3092 viewsAvior

Any chance Julian Alvarez comes as part of the deal?
Replacement for Ralph already planned… on 21:12 - Nov 6 with 3006 viewscocklebreath

Replacement for Ralph already planned… on 20:33 - Nov 6 by Avior

I’d say we’d be a step down for him

Replacement for Ralph already planned… on 22:10 - Nov 6 with 2793 viewskernow

Or a stepping stone?
Replacement for Ralph already planned… on 19:30 - Nov 7 with 2122 viewsdarthvader

Replacement for Ralph already planned… on 22:10 - Nov 6 by kernow

Or a stepping stone?

Tbf I'd take that. If it means we are good for 18 months

keep the faith coyr

Replacement for Ralph already planned… on 19:30 - Nov 7 with 2122 views1885_SFC

Thanks OP for the heads up & insider information.

Old School is Cool

Replacement for Ralph already planned… on 21:40 - Nov 7 with 1928 viewsSFC_Referee

Replacement for Ralph already planned… on 19:30 - Nov 7 by 1885_SFC

Thanks OP for the heads up & insider information.

Well in all fairness this persons given me a lot of inside info previously, and seeing how the bookies originally had him also at lower odds, there clearly was some truth behind it.
And even then, nothings been confirmed yet

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024