Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
National league today. 22:50 - Nov 19 with 1333 viewsfelly1

16,000 at Meadow Lane, 10,000 at The Racecourse Ground and Chesterfield had a crowd of 7,000. That's pretty impressive for 5th tier football.
National league today. on 23:11 - Nov 19 with 1302 viewsSouthamptonfan

All the local glory hunters having a rest from watching their PL team and actually watching their local team.

If only everybody supported their local club. What a competition we would have.

Although Wrexham usually get a good following. Sometimes watch Eastleigh. Non league is good.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2022 23:11]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

National league today. on 14:11 - Nov 20 with 961 viewsChesham_Saint

Maybe it also reflects a disillusionment with the higher echelons of football. Especially after that cretin Infantino’s fatuous commits about Qatar yesterday.

I don’t know if I can bring myself to even watch the World Cup as it represents so much of what is bad about football today.

FIFA - has anything changed? Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

National league today. on 14:16 - Nov 20 with 960 viewskingslandstand1

National league today. on 23:11 - Nov 19 by Southamptonfan

All the local glory hunters having a rest from watching their PL team and actually watching their local team.

If only everybody supported their local club. What a competition we would have.

Although Wrexham usually get a good following. Sometimes watch Eastleigh. Non league is good.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2022 23:11]

I went to a Wessex Combination League game yesterday and although standard of football wasn't too bad, the abuse the ref was getting was horrendous from the away side, as well as the racist comments towards a couple of black players and nothing was done about it. Nearly all coming from one guy as well who eventually got booked but should eventually have walked as he still carried on after

Ok, the black guys appeared to be laughing at it and no doubt it was all deemed as banter (they shook and hugged after the game) but when the recipient turned and said "he's only saying it cos I'm black" it does make you wonder how they must feel

There was an assessor at the game from the local FA (I assume) so would be interesting to see what he made of it

Should I have made a comment to the assessor? Maybe, but first time there and clearly an outsider I wonder what response I would have got! Away team from an area with a PO post code as well ............................ (who lost!)

No wonder they struggle to get refs at grassroots level when continuously being told "you're fkng sh1t" by the players and "you're a fkg cheat" etc
National league today. on 14:44 - Nov 20 with 933 viewsfelly1

National league today. on 14:16 - Nov 20 by kingslandstand1

I went to a Wessex Combination League game yesterday and although standard of football wasn't too bad, the abuse the ref was getting was horrendous from the away side, as well as the racist comments towards a couple of black players and nothing was done about it. Nearly all coming from one guy as well who eventually got booked but should eventually have walked as he still carried on after

Ok, the black guys appeared to be laughing at it and no doubt it was all deemed as banter (they shook and hugged after the game) but when the recipient turned and said "he's only saying it cos I'm black" it does make you wonder how they must feel

There was an assessor at the game from the local FA (I assume) so would be interesting to see what he made of it

Should I have made a comment to the assessor? Maybe, but first time there and clearly an outsider I wonder what response I would have got! Away team from an area with a PO post code as well ............................ (who lost!)

No wonder they struggle to get refs at grassroots level when continuously being told "you're fkng sh1t" by the players and "you're a fkg cheat" etc

The abuse and general scrutiny of refereeing decisions is a massive negative that is damaging the game.
No one willing to become a referee due to abuse means no football matches and the end of grassroots football.
It's really that simple.
It's comes from the top leagues and kids and everyday footballers following suit.
It's an impossible job being a ref and you will make lots of mistakes.
Everyone should be grown up and intelligent enough to just accept the refs decision, whether you think it's wrong is completely irrelevant.
They can't and won't change their mind.
Rugby is vastly superior to football in this respect.
For me any major dissent and you are sent off.
This is all made worse by stupid pundits analysing the refs performance on Sky and Motd.
It's damaging the game and completely disrespectful.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024