Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Obafemi 06:49 - Jan 27 with 1027 viewsPatfromPoole

Joining up with Tella at Burnley by the look of it.

Wonder what Jesus Jones would have made of Obafemi…..

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Obafemi on 07:46 - Jan 27 with 946 viewsdwayne_dibley

...or replacing Tella?

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Obafemi on 07:56 - Jan 27 with 937 viewsfelly1

Obafemi on 07:46 - Jan 27 by dwayne_dibley

...or replacing Tella?

A player that kind of sums up Southampton in recent years.
We develop him through the academy.
He gets in the first team and he shows himself to be very pacey and scores 4 or 5 goals.
Let him leave for a few million then sign Mara for 10 million who presently looks a worse player.
Obafemi on 08:01 - Jan 27 with 924 viewsSalisburySaint

Obafemi on 07:56 - Jan 27 by felly1

He gets in the first team and he shows himself to be very pacey and scores 4 or 5 goals.
Let him leave for a few million then sign Mara for 10 million who presently looks a worse player.

Off field issues were a major part of letting Obafemi go, he’s had similar issues at Swansea
Obafemi on 08:03 - Jan 27 with 919 viewsButty101

Ironically if Obafemihad scored those goals in the French league we would have been paying £15mill for him

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Obafemi on 09:06 - Jan 27 with 843 viewsSaintNick

Obafemi on 08:03 - Jan 27 by Butty101

Ironically if Obafemihad scored those goals in the French league we would have been paying £15mill for him

Obafemi has scored 3 times this season for Swansea in 19 appearances, in his first season for them he got 12 not exactly setting the world alight, undoubtably a talented player, but seemingly has an attitude issue and lacks the application to turn a few good games into a good run of form

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Obafemi on 09:51 - Jan 27 with 806 viewsfelly1

Obafemi on 09:06 - Jan 27 by SaintNick

Obafemi has scored 3 times this season for Swansea in 19 appearances, in his first season for them he got 12 not exactly setting the world alight, undoubtably a talented player, but seemingly has an attitude issue and lacks the application to turn a few good games into a good run of form

For me the point is, yes Obafemi was probably not going to be the striker we all crave for and he does have by all accounts issues off the pitch.
I had no problem with us selling him.
It's just we've spent over 25 million quid on Armstrong and Mara and their combined goal output so far is about equal to what we got out of Obafemi who the club and supporters deemed not good enough.
This for highlights our poor recruitment over recent years.
Don't get me wrong Armstrong I think is a decent player and Mara may yet come good.
Unfortunately it maybe in the Championship that this comes to fruition.
Obafemi on 10:40 - Jan 27 with 761 viewsButty101

Obafemi on 09:06 - Jan 27 by SaintNick

You missed the point Nick.

My point was had Obafemi scored his goals in the 2019/20 in the top french league we would have been snapping him up at 10/15mill. You cant tell me Mara is better prospect.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Obafemi on 13:33 - Jan 27 with 650 viewsBerber

What? Mara worse than Obafemi? Recollections May vary.
Login to get fewer ads

Obafemi on 14:56 - Jan 27 with 605 viewscocklebreath

He’d have thought what a funny shaped young man

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Obafemi on 17:23 - Jan 27 with 521 viewsfelly1

Obafemi on 13:33 - Jan 27 by Berber

What? Mara worse than Obafemi? Recollections May vary.

Mara has scored 1 nice goal and had virtually not a shot on target other than that. No real pace or strength.
I really hope he comes good though.

Obafemi...as I said not really good enough either, but don't you recall his great goal away at Chelsea in either 2-1 or 2-0 win.
His late equaliser away at Man Utd in the 2-2 draw.
Winner against Fulham away in the cup match.
Obafemi on 19:21 - Jan 27 with 435 viewsBerber

Obafemi on 17:23 - Jan 27 by felly1

Mara has scored 1 nice goal and had virtually not a shot on target other than that. No real pace or strength.
I really hope he comes good though.

Obafemi...as I said not really good enough either, but don't you recall his great goal away at Chelsea in either 2-1 or 2-0 win.
His late equaliser away at Man Utd in the 2-2 draw.
Winner against Fulham away in the cup match.

Yes, well I scored some lovely goals when I played, but that didn’t make me a good player. Though I was offered a trial at Spurs, not for me though. His equaliser that day he put down to RH telling g him where to stand positionally. Tella is a better player than Obafemi, but still couldn’t make an impression, hence his loan.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024