Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The jury is still out 22:07 - Mar 15 with 1083 viewsMattFinish

As much as I like Selles and the way he seems to have galvanised the players, his team selections and substitutions are baffling

If we’re going to stay up we need to get the best out of our quality players and by that I mean JWP, KWP if fit, Perraud, Salisu, Orsic, Alcaraz, Lavia and Stuart Armstrong

We can’t score yet we’re not playing Onuachu. We have a player who scored in the World Cup 3rd place victory yet he can’t make the bench

We’re running out of time
[Post edited 15 Mar 2023 22:08]
The jury is still out on 22:10 - Mar 15 with 1047 viewsgrumpy

Unfortunately my optimism with Selles has run out.
I don't think he has a clue.
We are down,might as well accept it.
The jury is still out on 22:15 - Mar 15 with 1028 viewsMattFinish

There’s still chance Grumps, we just need to pick our best players. I don’t buy that Lavia was on the bench to rest him. He’s 19 ffs. He was my MOTM v Man Utd then gets dropped. He looked fresh when he came on
Fact is we lost a game we needed to win
The jury is still out on 22:19 - Mar 15 with 1016 viewsMrangry25

The jury is still out on 22:15 - Mar 15 by MattFinish

There’s still chance Grumps, we just need to pick our best players. I don’t buy that Lavia was on the bench to rest him. He’s 19 ffs. He was my MOTM v Man Utd then gets dropped. He looked fresh when he came on

If you don’t pick your best 11 then don’t expect to win. We were playing with 8 outfield players tonight because Diallo and Eliuseless are just a waste of a shirt.
The jury is still out on 16:28 - Mar 16 with 762 viewsUTS1885

I like how hes using the same players as thats important to get some sor of understanding. I would of started Lavia and taken him off on the hour mark hoping we had scored at that point.
The jury is still out on 16:40 - Mar 16 with 751 viewssaint22

The jury is still out on 22:19 - Mar 15 by Mrangry25

If you don’t pick your best 11 then don’t expect to win. We were playing with 8 outfield players tonight because Diallo and Eliuseless are just a waste of a shirt.

I am bored of writing this but its true
Pick your best 11
It seems we have found yet another manager who doesn't know what they are or for some financial/contractual reason refuses to play certain players
Its insanity that Stuey Onuachu Lavia etc are left out
The jury is still out on 16:47 - Mar 16 with 750 viewsinthebox

Lavia's been in recent teams and we haven't exactly been banging goals in. stating the obvious we simply don't have a premier league striker which is why we didn't score against United and Brentford. i can't see where the goals are going to come from. If you select are strongest team there still isn't many goals in there.
The jury is still out on 17:01 - Mar 16 with 741 viewsDorsetIan

The jury is still out on 16:47 - Mar 16 by inthebox

Lavia's been in recent teams and we haven't exactly been banging goals in. stating the obvious we simply don't have a premier league striker which is why we didn't score against United and Brentford. i can't see where the goals are going to come from. If you select are strongest team there still isn't many goals in there.

This is correct.

Although last night at least we were actually attacking a team and putting them under proper pressure in the search of an equaliser. People getting down the wings, crosses going in (not very good ones) and big Paul being a handful and spreading a bit of confusion among the defenders.

In so many games previously we've barely tested an opposition defence.

Still no goal, but it was better.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

The jury is still out on 17:01 - Mar 16 with 740 viewsIfonly

The jury is still out on 22:15 - Mar 15 by MattFinish

It's exactly because he is 19 that the problem exists in the first place (ffs). He is far from the first teenager to face this problem. Teenagers are still growing and that growth can be uneven and place strain on muscles. Lavia had a bad hamstring injury. To avoid that reoccurring his workload has to be managed. Over time he can strengthen the relevant muscles and build resilience. Until that time, if he played every game the injury would simply reoccur.
Login to get fewer ads

The jury is still out on 17:14 - Mar 16 with 733 viewsMattFinish

The jury is still out on 17:01 - Mar 16 by Ifonly

It's exactly because he is 19 that the problem exists in the first place (ffs). He is far from the first teenager to face this problem. Teenagers are still growing and that growth can be uneven and place strain on muscles. Lavia had a bad hamstring injury. To avoid that reoccurring his workload has to be managed. Over time he can strengthen the relevant muscles and build resilience. Until that time, if he played every game the injury would simply reoccur.

Maybe although I'm not the club physio so I couldn't possibly say.

The fact is we can't leave our best players out in case they get an injury. I really don't think playing two games in a week is a huge risk. If it was then why was he on the bench at all.

We can't afford not to have him on the pitch because we're not blessed with talented midfielders as Diallo ably demonstrated.
The jury is still out on 17:29 - Mar 16 with 719 viewsMattFinish

The jury is still out on 16:47 - Mar 16 by inthebox

Yes but Lavia is a holding midfielder so he won't be affecting chances created for the front two

We have Che who has proven he can't score, can't hold the ball up and has no appreciation of how to get into a dangerous position. Walcott missed an easy header against Man Utd, why wasn't Che in that position?

We have Adam Armstrong who can't score, he puts in a lot of effort and gets into dangerous positions but is a L1/Championship striker at best

We have Mara who saunters around the pitch as if he's having a kick around on the beach. He is possibly the worse player we've signed since Carillo.

Then we have Onuacho who score 70 goals in the last two seasons who can't get a game. We need to pick him to start every game and get some balls in the box. If he gets the goals then it's a bonus, if he doesn't then he's no worse than the other 3.

Plus not really impressed with Sulemana. Maybe he'll come good but personally I think Djnepo is more likely to create chances.
The jury is still out on 18:34 - Mar 16 with 685 viewsgrumpy

The jury is still out on 17:29 - Mar 16 by MattFinish

Yes but Lavia is a holding midfielder so he won't be affecting chances created for the front two

We have Che who has proven he can't score, can't hold the ball up and has no appreciation of how to get into a dangerous position. Walcott missed an easy header against Man Utd, why wasn't Che in that position?

We have Adam Armstrong who can't score, he puts in a lot of effort and gets into dangerous positions but is a L1/Championship striker at best

We have Mara who saunters around the pitch as if he's having a kick around on the beach. He is possibly the worse player we've signed since Carillo.

Then we have Onuacho who score 70 goals in the last two seasons who can't get a game. We need to pick him to start every game and get some balls in the box. If he gets the goals then it's a bonus, if he doesn't then he's no worse than the other 3.

Plus not really impressed with Sulemana. Maybe he'll come good but personally I think Djnepo is more likely to create chances.

Onuacho is not only a threat in the oppositions box,he would be a asset defending corners etc
Against Brentford he just might have prevented them scoring the first goal.
Onuacho needs game time with someone upfront with him.
Its no good sitting him on the bench,then bringing him on and not passing the ball to him.
Seles will make changes for the Spurs game,but sadly I think its too late to get a settled side.
The jury is still out on 19:32 - Mar 16 with 669 viewsMattFinish

Quite honestly Grumps we’re in such a precarious situation now I’d stick Onuachu and Ballard up front
At least in his cup appearance Ballard won some balls in the air and got into dangerous positions which is more than Che and Mara do
[Post edited 16 Mar 2023 19:33]
The jury is still out on 19:46 - Mar 16 with 650 viewsPaleRider

I just don't understand how if we asked people on here the best eleven we would be pretty consistent but three managers on the trot struggle with this.

Are Saints just trying to be too clever?
The jury is still out on 20:07 - Mar 16 with 626 viewsgrumpy

The jury is still out on 19:46 - Mar 16 by PaleRider

I just don't understand how if we asked people on here the best eleven we would be pretty consistent but three managers on the trot struggle with this.

Are Saints just trying to be too clever?

There are certain players that when the team is announced the majority of fans hold their head in their hands.Why can’t these managers just use some common sense?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024