Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nathan Tella Joins Bayer Leverkusen 09:20 - Aug 27 with 922 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/60737/nathan-tella-joins

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Nathan Tella Joins Bayer Leverkusen on 09:47 - Aug 27 with 862 viewsgrumpy

'I think a football club knows when they have been offered more than the worth of a player and it makes sense to sell him both from a financial viewpoint and on the field'

Do you think Sports Republic have done that so far,Nick?
Nathan Tella Joins Bayer Leverkusen on 10:08 - Aug 27 with 821 viewsBridders2

Frazer looks better.
Nathan Tella Joins Bayer Leverkusen on 10:28 - Aug 27 with 780 viewsButty101

Nathan Tella Joins Bayer Leverkusen on 10:08 - Aug 27 by Bridders2

Frazer looks better.

Good luck to him. He was looking like he would make an impact this year. His goal at shef Wednesday was a cracker

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Nathan Tella Joins Bayer Leverkusen on 10:37 - Aug 27 with 766 viewssledger

championship was his level,Vincent Kompany knew his value and level,great business by saints
Nathan Tella Joins Bayer Leverkusen on 11:09 - Aug 27 with 728 viewsSaintNick

Nathan Tella Joins Bayer Leverkusen on 09:47 - Aug 27 by grumpy

'I think a football club knows when they have been offered more than the worth of a player and it makes sense to sell him both from a financial viewpoint and on the field'

Do you think Sports Republic have done that so far,Nick?

In terms of who has been sold I would say yes.

Nathan Tella was 24 and all he has to his name was a good season for Burnley in the Championship, £20 million or thereabouts is a good price, we paid less than that for Adam Armstrong and he is a far more prolific goalscorer than Tella.

£58 million for Lavia was a good price, perhaps he will be worth more than that going forward, but for a 19 year old that is a good price, likewise Livramento, full backs don't go for as much as other positions, but its a good price.

With many of the players gone, there has really been no choice, they want to go and it is hard to stop them, look at the Virgil Van Dijk situation 6 years ago, we held fast and refused to sell him and what we had was a sulking disinterested player who was counting down the days until the next transfer window.

I judge Sport Republic not on what they did last year, but what they do going forward and they have cleared out the deadwood in the club both in the boardroom and backroom staff.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Nathan Tella Joins Bayer Leverkusen on 11:53 - Aug 27 with 665 viewsButty101

Nathan Tella Joins Bayer Leverkusen on 11:09 - Aug 27 by SaintNick

Nathan Tella was 24 and all he has to his name was a good season for Burnley in the Championship, £20 million or thereabouts is a good price, we paid less than that for Adam Armstrong and he is a far more prolific goalscorer than Tella.

£58 million for Lavia was a good price, perhaps he will be worth more than that going forward, but for a 19 year old that is a good price, likewise Livramento, full backs don't go for as much as other positions, but its a good price.

With many of the players gone, there has really been no choice, they want to go and it is hard to stop them, look at the Virgil Van Dijk situation 6 years ago, we held fast and refused to sell him and what we had was a sulking disinterested player who was counting down the days until the next transfer window.

I judge Sport Republic not on what they did last year, but what they do going forward and they have cleared out the deadwood in the club both in the boardroom and backroom staff.

Armstrong had one prolific year and that’s why we bought him
. He hasn’t been since. This season in 4 games he has scored one from open play. Giving him Tellas Wednesday goal is a piss take. Plus they play different positions

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Nathan Tella Joins Bayer Leverkusen on 12:05 - Aug 27 with 654 viewssaint22

But they haven’t signed what we need yet
Nathan Tella Joins Bayer Leverkusen on 18:50 - Aug 27 with 486 viewsgrumpy

Lavia has to be seen as a good deal,
Didn't City have a sell on clause?
The one that hurts is Tella,he would have been a big asset to us in the Championship.
I'm still not convinced by the performances so far.
Sheffield Wednesday look relegation candidates and we scraped past them.
Norwich scored 4 past us at home.
Plymouth was a last minute winner.
QPR we hardly dominated them.
Still its nice to get 10 points.
As Martin thinks we are ok on the Goalkeeper front(I don't) I guess we can only hope we get a good striker.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024