Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alcaraz stats 22:08 - Oct 4 with 1304 viewsPatfromPoole

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Alcaraz stats on 22:10 - Oct 4 with 1300 viewsPatfromPoole

Interesting to see him playing as a striker last night, with Adam Armstrong playing behind him.

A penny for Che Adams’ thoughts last night…..

Alcaraz stats on 03:35 - Oct 5 with 1219 viewsNYC_Saint

He didn't look natural in the striker role to me and doesn't have the pace. But I wouldn't know how to rearrange it as I think he and Stu Armstrong need to start if fit. Maybe Stu wider and Adam Armstrong up front rather than on the wing?

Also why doesn't KWP always take his man on, invariably he wins as he's far too good for this level
Alcaraz stats on 09:34 - Oct 5 with 1109 viewsBerber

Alcaraz stats on 03:35 - Oct 5 by NYC_Saint

He didn't look natural in the striker role to me and doesn't have the pace. But I wouldn't know how to rearrange it as I think he and Stu Armstrong need to start if fit. Maybe Stu wider and Adam Armstrong up front rather than on the wing?

Also why doesn't KWP always take his man on, invariably he wins as he's far too good for this level

He will win more often than not, and he attracts us defenders to him, but often misses the opportunity to pass so stops and passes backwards. Good, but far from perfect.
Alcaraz stats on 10:17 - Oct 5 with 1088 viewsSaintNick

Given that two of our losses saw us concede 4 goals or more, I would say it is a bit of a coincidence, in that it didn't matter who is up front when you defend as badly as we did against Sunderland & Leicester.

But I am not saying that it might not have had more of an affect in the other 2 games

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Alcaraz stats on 12:58 - Oct 5 with 1050 viewsGRIM

Agreed KWP is good at getting past the first opponent but he doesn't know when to release the ball, he tends to carry it too far & quite often loses it then getting caught out of position.
OK so he did give AA a great ball to score against Leeds but he just doesn't do that often enough.
Albeit he looks good going forward he is not a good defender, he needs to focus on cutting out the threat from his areas & stopping the crosses coming in.
Alcaraz stats on 14:51 - Oct 5 with 1006 viewsPatfromPoole

Alcaraz must be doing something right, as he’s just been called up by Argentina……

Alcaraz stats on 15:51 - Oct 5 with 981 viewsHollywood56

Because are over experienced manager has stopped him from making his forward attacking runs in preference to passing the ball BACKWARDS
Alcaraz stats on 16:07 - Oct 5 with 972 viewsIfonly

It's a tricky one with Alcaraz because he doesn't really fit into RM's preferred 4-3-3 but he's too good to be left out. For me, he's a stand-out player in our current squad and managers should always be prepared to change formations and adapt tactics to suit stand-out players.

If it was up to me, we'd play 4-2-3-1 and he would be the "10" player in the middle of the 3. I think that's his best position and where we'd make best use of his talents.
Login to get fewer ads

Alcaraz stats on 14:13 - Oct 6 with 803 viewsGRIM

Alcaraz stats on 16:07 - Oct 5 by Ifonly

It's a tricky one with Alcaraz because he doesn't really fit into RM's preferred 4-3-3 but he's too good to be left out. For me, he's a stand-out player in our current squad and managers should always be prepared to change formations and adapt tactics to suit stand-out players.

If it was up to me, we'd play 4-2-3-1 and he would be the "10" player in the middle of the 3. I think that's his best position and where we'd make best use of his talents.

Agreed, Charlie is a very talented lad but he just has to manage that Argentinian aggression.
He always looks like a red card waiting to happen, I think that's why RM says he doesn't trust him.
Alcaraz stats on 19:55 - Oct 6 with 732 viewsNYC_Saint

Just signed a 5 year contract
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024