Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russell Martin Admits He Will Need To Rotate His Squad On Saturday 08:00 - Oct 5 with 717 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/61011/russell-martin-adm

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Russell Martin Admits He Will Need To Rotate His Squad On Saturday on 08:18 - Oct 5 with 673 viewssaint22

sounds to me like he is teeing up the excuses for reverting to the tippy tappy, clueless formation nd tactics from 3 games ago

consistency is key
Russell Martin Admits He Will Need To Rotate His Squad On Saturday on 08:25 - Oct 5 with 663 viewsPatfromPoole

I heard the post-match interview with the Rotherham manager last night.

He was decidedly downbeat, talked about his players being “dead on their feet” and facing a long journey down south; they will have had 24 hours less to recover than us….

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Russell Martin Admits He Will Need To Rotate His Squad On Saturday on 08:28 - Oct 5 with 658 viewssaint22

Russell Martin Admits He Will Need To Rotate His Squad On Saturday on 08:25 - Oct 5 by PatfromPoole

I heard the post-match interview with the Rotherham manager last night.

He was decidedly downbeat, talked about his players being “dead on their feet” and facing a long journey down south; they will have had 24 hours less to recover than us….

all sounds like a classic 1 nil smash and grab then
Russell Martin Admits He Will Need To Rotate His Squad On Saturday on 09:20 - Oct 5 with 626 viewssaint901

RM thinks Mara is training well so should be included?

I don't see the lad every day and probably don't have the football experience of RM but come on. Mara?

Every time I've seen him play I've wondered why he's on the pitch. initially I thought he was getting used to the pace/style of play. Then I thought he was doing the same old, same old because that's what the manager wanted.

Eventually I came to the view that he's out of his depth. Certainly RH. Jones and Selles could not improve him and until I see more evidence, I think RM will struggle.

Be interesting to see who he is subbed for after an hour.
Russell Martin Admits He Will Need To Rotate His Squad On Saturday on 09:47 - Oct 5 with 606 viewsPatfromPoole

Russell Martin Admits He Will Need To Rotate His Squad On Saturday on 09:20 - Oct 5 by saint901

RM thinks Mara is training well so should be included?

I don't see the lad every day and probably don't have the football experience of RM but come on. Mara?

Every time I've seen him play I've wondered why he's on the pitch. initially I thought he was getting used to the pace/style of play. Then I thought he was doing the same old, same old because that's what the manager wanted.

Eventually I came to the view that he's out of his depth. Certainly RH. Jones and Selles could not improve him and until I see more evidence, I think RM will struggle.

Be interesting to see who he is subbed for after an hour.

He was pretty woeful again on Tuesday, sadly.

Would actually love to see him score a goal to see what it does for his confidence, but he is so lazy.

He was even walking when it was all kicking off after the game with the Stoke players…..🙄

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Russell Martin Admits He Will Need To Rotate His Squad On Saturday on 10:25 - Oct 5 with 575 viewsSaintNick

Russell Martin Admits He Will Need To Rotate His Squad On Saturday on 09:47 - Oct 5 by PatfromPoole

He was pretty woeful again on Tuesday, sadly.

Would actually love to see him score a goal to see what it does for his confidence, but he is so lazy.

He was even walking when it was all kicking off after the game with the Stoke players…..🙄

It was a bit harsh to say he was woeful after all he only had 18 minutes plus injury time on the pitch.

He missed a good chance, but then again Stuart Armstrong missed one that was perhaps worse.

If he had got that goal I think as you say it might have done wonders for his confidence, he had got himself in a good position and that was one good thing.

Given that we were defending a 1-0 lead for the total of 28 minutes on the pitch, we couldn't have done that carrying passengers, add to that the fact that Mara, Fraser, Aribo & Holgate were the lowest marked players in our player ratings, perhaps we could consider that all four weren't so bad after all.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Russell Martin Admits He Will Need To Rotate His Squad On Saturday on 12:50 - Oct 5 with 503 viewsGRIM

Russell Martin Admits He Will Need To Rotate His Squad On Saturday on 10:25 - Oct 5 by SaintNick

It was a bit harsh to say he was woeful after all he only had 18 minutes plus injury time on the pitch.

He missed a good chance, but then again Stuart Armstrong missed one that was perhaps worse.

If he had got that goal I think as you say it might have done wonders for his confidence, he had got himself in a good position and that was one good thing.

Given that we were defending a 1-0 lead for the total of 28 minutes on the pitch, we couldn't have done that carrying passengers, add to that the fact that Mara, Fraser, Aribo & Holgate were the lowest marked players in our player ratings, perhaps we could consider that all four weren't so bad after all.

If RM rotates the squad on Saturday the worst scenario is Aribo starting.
Why did we buy him, did we not study him before buying.
In my opinion (for what it's worth) based on what he shown us to date, he should not be anywhere near the first team squad.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024