Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Building Of The Civic Centre Clock 09:36 - Nov 24 with 723 viewsSaintNick

This was built in 1933 and was funded by a German Benefactor, why the Germans would want to fund a large clock tower in Southampton was unclear but fund it they did and also gave the exact measurements they wanted it built to and bizarrely measured the distance between the tower and the docks and other local landmarks.

All became cleat in November 1940 when the Luftwaffe bombed Southampton to rubble and left just one thing standing the clock tower.

Call Adolf Hitler many things but he was forward thinking Funding not only autobahns but also massive markers in England for the luftwaffe who were notoriously bad at reading maps to find their targets

The civic centre clock was the first and was followed by the liver buildings in Liverpoo and the Tower of London a joint venture with France

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

The Building Of The Civic Centre Clock on 09:58 - Nov 24 with 682 viewsPatfromPoole

Top 3 misunderstood maverick leaders

1. Stalin
2. Hitler
3. Liz Truss

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

The Building Of The Civic Centre Clock on 10:08 - Nov 24 with 672 viewssaintwizzler

Who invented the skip?

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

The Building Of The Civic Centre Clock on 10:10 - Nov 24 with 664 viewsSaintNick

The Building Of The Civic Centre Clock on 10:08 - Nov 24 by saintwizzler

Who invented the skip?

I refer you to your original post

The Building Of The Civic Centre Clock on 10:14 - Nov 24 with 657 views1885_SFC

Who invented the skip?

I don't know that one - but the other day I met the man who invented window sills. What a lovely bloke.. bit of a ledge.

Old School is Cool

The Building Of The Civic Centre Clock on 10:26 - Nov 24 with 631 viewsSaintNick

The Building Of The Civic Centre Clock on 10:14 - Nov 24 by 1885_SFC

I don't know that one - but the other day I met the man who invented window sills. What a lovely bloke.. bit of a ledge.

Thats just silly

The Building Of The Civic Centre Clock on 10:42 - Nov 24 with 616 viewsdirk_doone

Who invented the skip?

Edwin Walker.

Anyone who's just used Google would know that.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

The Building Of The Civic Centre Clock on 10:51 - Nov 24 with 611 viewsWints76

The Civic Centre Clock Tower (The CCCT, should be a Twitter account...) was built with very precise markings between the away ends at The Dell and what would be St Marys. If the away end at SMS were to move, Southampton would fall. It's like our version of the Liver Birds or the ravens at The Tower
The Building Of The Civic Centre Clock on 10:59 - Nov 24 with 600 viewsfranniesTache

The Building Of The Civic Centre Clock on 10:51 - Nov 24 by Wints76

The Civic Centre Clock Tower (The CCCT, should be a Twitter account...) was built with very precise markings between the away ends at The Dell and what would be St Marys. If the away end at SMS were to move, Southampton would fall. It's like our version of the Liver Birds or the ravens at The Tower

Login to get fewer ads

The Building Of The Civic Centre Clock on 11:03 - Nov 24 with 591 viewsPatfromPoole

The Building Of The Civic Centre Clock on 10:59 - Nov 24 by franniesTache

American spelling, mush??

Very cosmopolitan.

WE YANK ON.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

The Building Of The Civic Centre Clock on 11:29 - Nov 24 with 576 viewsfranniesTache

The Building Of The Civic Centre Clock on 11:03 - Nov 24 by PatfromPoole

American spelling, mush??

Very cosmopolitan.

WE YANK ON.

you're forgetting a simple fact here, no sotonian can actually spell
The Building Of The Civic Centre Clock on 12:18 - Nov 24 with 548 viewssaintwizzler

The Building Of The Civic Centre Clock on 10:42 - Nov 24 by dirk_doone

Edwin Walker.

Anyone who's just used Google would know that.

I was referring to the dance not the large open-topped waste container designed for loading onto a special type of lorry, bumbaclart.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024