Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton At Queens Park Rangers The Verdict 09:55 - Dec 24 with 898 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/61538/southampton-at-que

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton At Queens Park Rangers The Verdict on 11:46 - Dec 24 with 729 viewsRon11

So we still have a manager who sticks to triple substitutions, keeping the ball with hardly any end product, and playing Adam Armstrong out wide instead of down the centre where he is most effective, and indeed made the comment that he prefers to be in a central attacking role earlier this year.
With the players they have available the should be doing a lot lot better instead of scraping wins here and there and dropping two points on several occasions already when he should have taken the game by the scruff of the neck instead of making illogical substitutions and trying to nick it with one goal.
Southampton At Queens Park Rangers The Verdict on 12:19 - Dec 24 with 696 viewsSouthamptonfan

Southampton At Queens Park Rangers The Verdict on 11:46 - Dec 24 by Ron11

So we still have a manager who sticks to triple substitutions, keeping the ball with hardly any end product, and playing Adam Armstrong out wide instead of down the centre where he is most effective, and indeed made the comment that he prefers to be in a central attacking role earlier this year.
With the players they have available the should be doing a lot lot better instead of scraping wins here and there and dropping two points on several occasions already when he should have taken the game by the scruff of the neck instead of making illogical substitutions and trying to nick it with one goal.

Ron, we are on a better run of form than any other team in the division. I see all those managers that many said we should go for have been sacked. Cooper got sacked at Forest, he couldn't do it in the PL and Howe after spending hundreds of millions, lost to Luton. Only a matter of time.before he is sacked. Just enjoy the wins, clean sheets and record breaking run of form. After last season, I am not sure what there is to complain about! It doesn't matter who he brings on or what the subs are if we win. It's not a one off. We have the best run of form in the country. Maybe surprisingly, it's working.

I mean cheer up, it's Christmas and Saints haven't lost for months. Have a few sherries 🍷
[Post edited 24 Dec 2023 12:25]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Southampton At Queens Park Rangers The Verdict on 14:39 - Dec 24 with 591 viewsPatfromPoole

Southampton At Queens Park Rangers The Verdict on 11:46 - Dec 24 by Ron11

I am sure SFC Referee will correct me if I have got this wrong, but….

I think that while we can make up to 5 subs, we can only do it over 3 separate phases.

Which may be in his thinking in terms of making triple substitutions……

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Southampton At Queens Park Rangers The Verdict on 14:52 - Dec 24 with 586 viewsSFC_Referee

Southampton At Queens Park Rangers The Verdict on 14:39 - Dec 24 by PatfromPoole

I am sure SFC Referee will correct me if I have got this wrong, but….

I think that while we can make up to 5 subs, we can only do it over 3 separate phases.

Which may be in his thinking in terms of making triple substitutions……

Yep for all EFL and prem games that is the case. As it was to remove the issue of more time wasting when the subs were increased from 3 to 5 a while back. As you now get just 3 opportunities (outside of half-time, and the ending of regular time for any games that go to extra time) to make the subs now.
And for yesterdays game, you can completely understand why he made a triple sub seeing how he had to make an extremely early one with Bree going off injured (although I’ve always said that any subs made in the first half shouldn’t count as one of the 3), we had 4 subs left for simply 2 opportunities to do it. So it was always gonna be most likely that it was gonna be a triple sub around the hour mark, or at the very least a double one.

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024