Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thoughts on yesterday 09:25 - Dec 24 with 1169 viewsPatfromPoole

What a strange ground QPR is.

Never been in the lower tier before, but having to walk past the upper tier entrance and then halfway round the ground to get to the lower tier entrance was bizarre.

Didn’t think we played very well. Subs were a bit random and would have got scrutiny if we hadn’t won.

But it’s a busy period of games coming up, so he had to rotate a bit, and we did get the win.

Quite liked the Sindercombe Social, good to see a few regulars of this parish in there after the game.

Final word on our support. Abysmal. If that’s the top 25% of our support in terms of away games attended, then we’re in trouble.

Had to pay over the odds to get my daughter a ticket and it pained me to look around and see all the mutes who would have validly qualified for a ticket.

Was stood by some good lads from the Itchen North and we kept trying to get some noise going, but we were virtually the only ones in the lower tier trying. Surrounded by people who will sing OWTS after we score and that’s about it.

I can’t be doing with Klopp, but he has the courage to dig out his fans when they are too quiet, and they seem to respond to it.

Something similar has to happen with our support. The team are doing the business on the pitch but they are not getting the support they deserve.

Happy Christmas to all Uglies.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Thoughts on yesterday on 09:53 - Dec 24 with 1070 viewsPatfromPoole

Oh, and before Nick tells me off, Manning did OK yesterday 😉

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Thoughts on yesterday on 11:16 - Dec 24 with 956 viewsSFC_Referee

Yeah well the ground was a bit weird, although I know a steward was pissing off a fair few fans, as we just missed KO, as we went to the upper tier entrance (which is where we were meant to be sitting) yet got sent all the way round to the lower tier one, just to be sent back again as the steward that sent us round in the first place had done that with quite a few others!

Subs wise, I don’t know if they were that random, as it was only really Downes that surprised me, but even then RM may have just been saving him for Tuesday/letting him take his time to get back into the team after being ill the other day. And bringing on Adams was obviously how RM thought we could get another goal and put the game to bed.
And then Manning for Bree was pretty straight forward, Charles came on for Smallbone as he was quite poor yesterday, Stephens on for A.Armstrong near the end just to cement those points going to a back 5 but also allowing the fullbacks to go a bit further upfield. And then Fraser for Edozie was because we all know how great Fraser can be coming off of the bench.
So I don’t think the subs were too bizarre whatsoever.

But yeah I’ll agree we didn’t play the best today, but still these results do show how we’ve progressed as in the past when we didn’t play well like yesterday, we’d just end up loosing or conceding an equaliser. But the fact that we can now hold onto that win more and more often as the season goes on, does show how well this teams progressing this season. Although still Adams has gotta put that chance into the net near the end, and even as someone who’s known for backing refs non stop on here, I certainly wasn’t impressed with yesterdays ref whatsoever.

And with support, well maybe that was just the lower tear then, as the upper was pretty decent having a fair few decent songs, although yet again almost all had to be about the flipping skates! 🙄

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Thoughts on yesterday on 12:05 - Dec 24 with 895 viewsSouthamptonfan

Personally I loved Loftus Road. I was also in the lower tier and loved being so close to the pitch. Yes, it was strange that the entrances for the upper and lower tiers were so far apart, but all part of the character. Can't remember the last time I could hear the players on the pitch and they could hear us. Tight pitch, narrow concourses, tight seats etc but my view was excellent from a few rows from the front. It's not luxury but the place reminded of the Dell, old style proper traditional football stadium. Used White City station, only a few minutes walk from the ground.

I agree about our fans being quiet for most of the game but I think the fans are nervous. With it only being one nil, and at Watford, Huddersfield, Coventry they came back to equalise, I think the fans are on edge maybe? These points are so vital as well, with us trying to catch Ipswich. Once the final whistle went, and even in the final few minutes, the fans were loud and proud, just relief that we had won a vital game. On a side note, that bizarre single executive box was providing the most entertainment - they were putting £50 notes on the glass, the cheeky baat@@ds, just to point out that they could afford it and we were the peasants in the tight seats.

As for the game, it's wasn't convincing but again we won again. A win is a win and we are on the best run of not losing in all the English divisions and our best run in our history. Somehow, this ponderous, possession based play is giving us a really effective defence and winning games, just!

All in all, a great day out. When it's all over, I love a one nil away win.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Thoughts on yesterday on 15:20 - Dec 24 with 732 viewssledger

loving the wins,but the first half as in most others had probably lulled the fans to sleep hence no noise.Am i the only one that thinks this team could do a whole lot more and are just playing within themselves.
Thoughts on yesterday on 15:40 - Dec 24 with 710 views1ASIN12

The 1st I went to loftus Road would have been early 80’s we played them in the league cup drew then played them again in a 2nd replay and got docked 4-0 if I remember correctly . Went twice in a number of weeks.

Back then the ground had a cracking atmosphere , both the South Africa road stand terrace and seats above making a racket then the terraced end op us joined in to.( the loft ?)

A bit moody outside if I remember .

Nowadays like a lot of grounds the atmosphere has gone .
[Post edited 24 Dec 2023 16:23]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024