Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
DVLA issues 10:51 - Apr 6 with 791 viewsOccasional_Showers

I just had a letter saying my car needs taxing. Tax runs out 31 April. MOT runs out 16 April but the MOT centre cancelled my appointment as the govt have cancelled them for 6 months. Tried to tax online it but it won’t let me as it says there’s no MOT. Tried phoning but it’s all automated. Tried speaking to a person but nobody to take calls. I expect they’ll be inundated with queries now.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

DVLA issues on 11:58 - Apr 6 with 738 viewsGasGiant

My other half had a similar timing OS - MOT expired March 31st, same day as tax, but information from the car's dealer said that renewals should still be possible online up to the extended limit of the MOT warrant. In our case we paid by direct debit and the DD was collected on April 1st as normal. Try moneysavingexpert.com for similar cases.
DVLA issues on 12:05 - Apr 6 with 718 viewsOccasional_Showers

DVLA issues on 11:58 - Apr 6 by GasGiant

My other half had a similar timing OS - MOT expired March 31st, same day as tax, but information from the car's dealer said that renewals should still be possible online up to the extended limit of the MOT warrant. In our case we paid by direct debit and the DD was collected on April 1st as normal. Try moneysavingexpert.com for similar cases.

Ok thanks I will have a look. I’ve got a month yet so no panic, I expect they’re aware and working on it.

DVLA issues on 12:41 - Apr 6 with 695 views1885_SFC

I don't know about anyone else but I'm currently getting 3 weeks to the gallon in my Toyota C-HR!

Old School is Cool

DVLA issues on 13:44 - Apr 6 with 664 viewsWints76

If it definitely says 31 April, you may need to check whether it has been valid at any point...
DVLA issues on 13:52 - Apr 6 with 654 viewsOccasional_Showers

DVLA issues on 13:44 - Apr 6 by Wints76

If it definitely says 31 April, you may need to check whether it has been valid at any point...

Do you mean the MOT? I bought the car last year and it came with 12 months.

DVLA issues on 13:53 - Apr 6 with 650 viewsOccasional_Showers

Oh....the reminder says it needs an MOT. Wtf

DVLA issues on 14:01 - Apr 6 with 632 viewsOccasional_Showers

The DVSA checking site has both boxes ticked for tax and valid MOT. I give up, there’s no phone service due to corona

DVLA issues on 15:07 - Apr 6 with 584 viewsTimSaint

DVLA issues on 13:52 - Apr 6 by Occasional_Showers

Do you mean the MOT? I bought the car last year and it came with 12 months.

I think what Wints was pointing out was that 31st April does not exist, so if it says that date on your paperwork, you may have bought something dodgy.

The fact that people have been given 6 months grace, has potentially put many mechanics out of business. Try to find one that is still open and book your MOT with them if you possibly can, unless you need a dealer approved ?

A guy I used to play football with, still has his garage up and running and is doing MOTs. He has 3 staff members isolating, but he and his son (who lives with him) are still struggling through and trying to generate business through social media and word of mouth.

TimSaint

Login to get fewer ads

DVLA issues on 16:57 - Apr 6 with 539 viewsOccasional_Showers

DVLA issues on 15:07 - Apr 6 by TimSaint

I think what Wints was pointing out was that 31st April does not exist, so if it says that date on your paperwork, you may have bought something dodgy.

The fact that people have been given 6 months grace, has potentially put many mechanics out of business. Try to find one that is still open and book your MOT with them if you possibly can, unless you need a dealer approved ?

A guy I used to play football with, still has his garage up and running and is doing MOTs. He has 3 staff members isolating, but he and his son (who lives with him) are still struggling through and trying to generate business through social media and word of mouth.

Yes it’s the end of the month, my mistake. Strangely it says it’s got an MOT on the check the car govt website, but on the car tax one it says it hasn’t. I was unaware they were still doing MOT’s? The testing station rang me to cancel it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024