Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Window business 08:10 - Jun 22 with 826 viewsJaySaint

As always, we hope a busy window, but god know given the current climate.

We need as many of the following off the book permanently:

Hoedt
Carrillo
Lemina
Mo
Forster

Probably going to have to sell Hojberg.. Will Bretrand be around? What about Adams?

We will need:

RB
CM

and then replacements for any first team players leaving...

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Transfer Window business on 08:25 - Jun 22 with 804 viewssaintwizzler

You forgot 3 x new CBs
[Post edited 22 Jun 2020 8:26]

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Transfer Window business on 08:39 - Jun 22 with 787 viewsthissceptredsaint

You forgot Vestergaard. Give him a haircut and convince him he has a future as a Bond villain.

Usually busy transfer windows don't work in our favour as it means players we do want leaving or as I am old enough to remember the Lowe/Jones days, absolutely bizarre BOGOFs, injury prones and punts that don't work out e.g Mark Paul getting brought in

Talking of injury prone chances that didn't work out we have a few that could have been great if fit.

Charlie George
David Hirst and lets not forget the latter days of Marian Pahars
Transfer Window business on 11:37 - Jun 22 with 718 viewsJaySaint

Fair point

Completely forgot about vestergaard

Another pile of poo

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Transfer Window business on 12:10 - Jun 22 with 710 viewsTimSaint

Outs

Need a massive clear out - so much dead wood hanging around on big bucks.

FF - will go this summer I expect - probably to Celtic
Yoshida - leaving as contract is up
Hoedt - sell him to 1 of the many teams he reckons are queuing for his services
Vestergaard - Sell him to Leicester if they really want him
Cedric - leaving as contract is up
Reed - Sell to Fulham if they want him - he won't make it at Saints
Elyounoussi - Offload to Celtic on the cheap - or as part of a swap deal CM/CB
Sims - RH probably doesn't want him. Lots of wide players already here
Lemina - Ability, but injury prone and bad attitude. Sell to whoever.
McQueen - Over his injury yet ? Been out for 18 months. Loan/sell/cancel contract ?
Carillo - Who knows. Nobody wants him for the money we want. Take the hit ?

Bertrand - Keep
Adams - Keep

Boufal - got a year left. Sell if the price is right ? See out his contract ? He is not prolific but can change a game, so perhaps keep and see what happens.

PEH - Not expecting anyone to make a serious bid for him, especially at the price being quoted - regardless of whether it involves player swaps or not. Once he realises nobody in the CL places wants him, perhaps he will decide he is better off at Saints and sign a new contract. If he goes, then perhaps we already have his replacement in our ranks, with Smallbone coming through, or we could even play Lemina there as a stop gap, if he doesn't get sold or loaned.

Buy

2 Quality CBs
1 Right Back - don't think KWP is the answer RH was looking for
1 CM

Perhaps someone creative, but with Armstrong, Djenepo, Boufal and Redmond, (and 4 x strikers) do we need one ? Let RH decide.

TimSaint

Transfer Window business on 12:32 - Jun 22 with 694 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Transfer Window business on 12:10 - Jun 22 by TimSaint

Outs

McQueen - Over his injury yet ? Been out for 18 months. Loan/sell/cancel contract ?

Bertrand - Keep
Adams - Keep

Boufal - got a year left. Sell if the price is right ? See out his contract ? He is not prolific but can change a game, so perhaps keep and see what happens.

PEH - Not expecting anyone to make a serious bid for him, especially at the price being quoted - regardless of whether it involves player swaps or not. Once he realises nobody in the CL places wants him, perhaps he will decide he is better off at Saints and sign a new contract. If he goes, then perhaps we already have his replacement in our ranks, with Smallbone coming through, or we could even play Lemina there as a stop gap, if he doesn't get sold or loaned.

Buy

2 Quality CBs
1 CM

Perhaps someone creative, but with Armstrong, Djenepo, Boufal and Redmond, (and 4 x strikers) do we need one ? Let RH decide.

When you lay out that list like that, the club really does need a massive clear out. Last summer they obviously wanted too much money and hopefully now the club can cancel a few more contracts (i.e like Classie) and/or sell on the cheap. Just to move them on.

The only players I'd probably want to keep in the squad are Boufal and Hojbjerg - unless they CAN be sold for decent money to reinvest.

I don't actually know how Reed has done at Fulham? But I suspect he won't be hanging around.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Transfer Window business on 12:38 - Jun 22 with 691 viewsgreen

I imagine we're going to have a similar problem to last year given that the players we want to get rid of are on too much money here and don't want to take a pay cut while they're still in contract.

As much as we want to sell, they'll probably end up going out on loan towards the end of the window again meaning we won't have freed up any money for new signings.
Transfer Window business on 13:49 - Jun 22 with 646 viewssaint22

Transfer Window business on 12:10 - Jun 22 by TimSaint

Outs

Bertrand - Keep
Adams - Keep

Buy

2 Quality CBs
1 CM

I expect a CB we haven't heard of 'for the future' and two loans
In keeping with the southampton way
Transfer Window business on 14:48 - Jun 22 with 613 viewskingslandstand1

Transfer Window business on 12:32 - Jun 22 by Gennaro_Contaldo

When you lay out that list like that, the club really does need a massive clear out. Last summer they obviously wanted too much money and hopefully now the club can cancel a few more contracts (i.e like Classie) and/or sell on the cheap. Just to move them on.

The only players I'd probably want to keep in the squad are Boufal and Hojbjerg - unless they CAN be sold for decent money to reinvest.

I don't actually know how Reed has done at Fulham? But I suspect he won't be hanging around.

I watched Reed for Fulham on Sat and nothing special when he got the ball. Put it about a bit, but not a Prem player
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer Window business on 14:50 - Jun 22 with 610 viewsTimSaint

Transfer Window business on 13:49 - Jun 22 by saint22

I expect a CB we haven't heard of 'for the future' and two loans
In keeping with the southampton way

Or the loan CB that nobody had heard of - Danso.

He will be off once the season finishes as well - back to his parent club, labelled as a failure who always played out of position. Anyone see his cameo away to Wolves ? :-)

TimSaint

Transfer Window business on 14:52 - Jun 22 with 609 viewskingslandstand1

Transfer Window business on 12:38 - Jun 22 by green

I imagine we're going to have a similar problem to last year given that the players we want to get rid of are on too much money here and don't want to take a pay cut while they're still in contract.

As much as we want to sell, they'll probably end up going out on loan towards the end of the window again meaning we won't have freed up any money for new signings.

Thank you Les Reed?

(and for the good bits he did do, thanks for those as well, but PLEASE don't get him involved again in player contracts)

Remember when he had that spurge of quite a few players on 6 year contracts etc, and we all thought that was showing commitment and ambition. Now most of those players are on the let's get rid of list. Not sure who from that spell is on the well done Les list
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024