Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watford trio. 12:50 - Jun 29 with 1153 viewsSteveMoron

You couldn't make it up. The team that really didn't want the season to get up and running again due to 'health and safety reasons'. Laughable 🙄
Watford trio. on 13:03 - Jun 29 with 1119 viewsA1079

There has been alot of visual hypocrisy over the last few weeks.

The people who complained that the Govt were putting economy before deaths from the illness and were opening too soon - but were happy to go on Protests across cities without any compulsion;

The people that said that it was unsafe to return their kids to school but can go on protests and cram the beaches etc;

The fans of LFC who complained that the Atletico game had put them at risk and were looking to suggest that deaths had been caused by it but then filled the Pier and behaved with total disregard to safety. I was not surprised that much of the litter left was plastic!

All the people that claim they care about the climate, environment etc but as a country we cannot even deal with our own litter properly (the litter issue really gets to me - I just don't get it and never have - as a people we are dreadful in the way we discard our litter on the streets etc)
Watford trio. on 13:06 - Jun 29 with 1115 viewsdirk_doone

Talking of Watford trios, what about this one?

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Watford trio. on 14:27 - Jun 29 with 1028 viewsSadoldgit

Watford trio. on 13:03 - Jun 29 by A1079

There has been alot of visual hypocrisy over the last few weeks.

The people who complained that the Govt were putting economy before deaths from the illness and were opening too soon - but were happy to go on Protests across cities without any compulsion;

The people that said that it was unsafe to return their kids to school but can go on protests and cram the beaches etc;

The fans of LFC who complained that the Atletico game had put them at risk and were looking to suggest that deaths had been caused by it but then filled the Pier and behaved with total disregard to safety. I was not surprised that much of the litter left was plastic!

All the people that claim they care about the climate, environment etc but as a country we cannot even deal with our own litter properly (the litter issue really gets to me - I just don't get it and never have - as a people we are dreadful in the way we discard our litter on the streets etc)

How do we know that people were being hypocritical? You are making the assumption that the same people who go to the beaches with their kids are saying that it is not safe for them to go back to school. They might be very happy for their kids to go back to school.

How do you know that the people who were complaining about the government were the same ones going on the marches?

You can accuse people of ant-social behaviour but unless you know what people are actually saying against what they are doing, you can’t accuse them of hypocrisy.
Watford trio. on 14:44 - Jun 29 with 1019 viewsBison

Watford trio. on 14:27 - Jun 29 by Sadoldgit

How do we know that people were being hypocritical? You are making the assumption that the same people who go to the beaches with their kids are saying that it is not safe for them to go back to school. They might be very happy for their kids to go back to school.

How do you know that the people who were complaining about the government were the same ones going on the marches?

You can accuse people of ant-social behaviour but unless you know what people are actually saying against what they are doing, you can’t accuse them of hypocrisy.

Good lad stand up for everyone , when you worked in CPS did you actually prosecute anyone ?

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Watford trio. on 15:51 - Jun 29 with 970 viewsSadoldgit

Watford trio. on 14:44 - Jun 29 by Bison

Good lad stand up for everyone , when you worked in CPS did you actually prosecute anyone ?

Yes Bison, but only those we were confident they had committed a crime.
Watford trio. on 17:37 - Jun 29 with 905 viewsA1079

Watford trio. on 14:27 - Jun 29 by Sadoldgit

Yes, fair point and may be in hindsight my comment was too generic - so happy to take the rap for that.

I will just say though - after the climate change marches etc there was alot of litter left and it was not because it was climate change marches as I do believe in waking people up to what is going on, but I did think - you cannot cherry pick when you are going to be passionate about the environment or any cause. You cannot berate people on the one hand and then show such a lack of care on the other - of course, it is not everyone, it never is.

Litter really does get to me. I just don't get it and never have. I am in my late 50's now but I recall how my parents drilled into me how to not discard personal litter and if I dared to drop as much as a sweet wrapper I knew about it - as did my siblings. We had a very basic background as well so it is not a matter of being rich or poor it is basic good sense, attitude and caring for what is around you.

I won't go on a rant Sadoldgit and I accept your correction of my original post. Sometimes, I don't think.
Watford trio. on 18:31 - Jun 29 with 859 viewsSadoldgit

I share your irritation about the litter bugs. If you take your stuff out you can take your rubbish away. I live near the Royal Military Canal and many people have been down to the canal during the spell of hot weather. No problem with that at all, but the crap they leave behind, sometimes literally, is well out of order and locals end up clearing up after them.

You would expect people attending climate change events or festivals such as Glastonbury to be aware of the problems about leaving their litter behind yet there are tons of crap left behind.

Now that fast food outlets are open again the hedgerows are full of McDonalds, KFC, BurgerKing etc rubbish, thrown out of car windows.

It is mindless, selfish, lazy behaviour and intensely annoying.
Watford trio. on 18:49 - Jun 29 with 847 viewsRon11

Watford trio. on 15:51 - Jun 29 by Sadoldgit

Yes Bison, but only those we were confident they had committed a crime.

Confident?
Does that have a basis in law?
Login to get fewer ads

Watford trio. on 20:47 - Jun 29 with 782 viewsSadoldgit

Watford trio. on 18:49 - Jun 29 by Ron11

Confident?
Does that have a basis in law?

All you can do is put your case before the Magistrates or jury. They decide who is guilty or not guilty. The CPS just prosecute. Surely you know that?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024