Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man City 21:47 - Aug 15 with 1138 viewsJaySaint

Got a bit of a lesson really

well, not really....Jesus is terrible, should have scored just before Lyon's 2nd but a very very average player (at best). Sterling Sterling'd it before Lyon's 3rd...

what what the hell was that starting line-up and formation from Guardiola? Awful

Safe to say, without Messi, Pep is nothing to shout about in Europe what so ever
[Post edited 15 Aug 2020 21:51]

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Man City on 21:52 - Aug 15 with 1121 viewsSalisburySaint

Pep got tactics wrong too defensive for too long, even when went to back four, stayed with two defensive midfielders and left back awful going forward,
Man City on 21:53 - Aug 15 with 1116 viewsJaySaint

Man City on 21:52 - Aug 15 by SalisburySaint

Pep got tactics wrong too defensive for too long, even when went to back four, stayed with two defensive midfielders and left back awful going forward,

true, another player who is terrible - cancelo

Man City on 21:55 - Aug 15 with 1108 viewsBicester_North

Pretty academic that Bayern would shaft whoever gets through anyway.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Man City on 21:57 - Aug 15 with 1101 viewsJaySaint

Man City on 21:55 - Aug 15 by Bicester_North

Very true. They look formidable.

Guardiola would have concocted a bizarre formation/set up and found himself 3-0 down by HT

Man City on 21:58 - Aug 15 with 1096 viewssaint22

Man City on 21:53 - Aug 15 by JaySaint

true, another player who is terrible - cancelo

That Jason Denayer looked tidy at the back for Lyon
Recall several on here mocking that we should sign him a few seasons back
Man City on 21:58 - Aug 15 with 1091 viewsSalisburySaint

Man City on 21:57 - Aug 15 by JaySaint

Very true. They look formidable.

Guardiola would have concocted a bizarre formation/set up and found himself 3-0 down by HT

Lyon only finished 7th Ligue 1, a league that’s supposed to be poor
Man City on 22:10 - Aug 15 with 1056 viewshedgeend61

Man City on 21:55 - Aug 15 by Bicester_North

If they can't beat an average French side, what chance would they have against Bayern?
Bit unlucky with Stirling miss and foul for the second goal, but nowhere good enough to win CL.
Bayern will beat Lyon 5 or 6-0
Man City on 00:29 - Aug 16 with 957 viewsPatfromPoole

Does Blue still post on here?

Was disappointed tonight. They were let down by a very odd team selection, poor refereeing and an unbelievable Sterling miss.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Login to get fewer ads

Man City on 16:19 - Aug 16 with 738 viewsBlue

Man City on 00:29 - Aug 16 by PatfromPoole

Does Blue still post on here?

Was disappointed tonight. They were let down by a very odd team selection, poor refereeing and an unbelievable Sterling miss.

Yep, occasionally.

Pretty spot on in your summation mate.

As soon as I saw the starting XI, I knew we were really going to struggle.

Got what we deserved, Lyon are a very good counter-attacking side, but we had no end product, terrible performance, the less said about Sterling's miss, the better.

Watched it in the Keys of Totton, was pleasantly surprised to notice nearly everybody in the pub wanted City to win.

Still stood in the Kippax

Man City on 16:24 - Aug 16 with 729 viewsSaintsforeverj

Man City on 16:19 - Aug 16 by Blue

Yep, occasionally.

Pretty spot on in your summation mate.

As soon as I saw the starting XI, I knew we were really going to struggle.

Got what we deserved, Lyon are a very good counter-attacking side, but we had no end product, terrible performance, the less said about Sterling's miss, the better.

Watched it in the Keys of Totton, was pleasantly surprised to notice nearly everybody in the pub wanted City to win.

Out of Liverpool, Man U, Spurs, Chelsea etc, Man City are one of the top clubs that people "don't mind". Think it has something to do with a fan base that knows what it is like to struggle and so are less arrogant. If Southampton don't win the league, I would much rather Man City win the league than any other team.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Man City on 19:50 - Aug 16 with 678 viewsPatfromPoole

Man City on 16:24 - Aug 16 by Saintsforeverj

Out of Liverpool, Man U, Spurs, Chelsea etc, Man City are one of the top clubs that people "don't mind". Think it has something to do with a fan base that knows what it is like to struggle and so are less arrogant. If Southampton don't win the league, I would much rather Man City win the league than any other team.

Yeah, I’ve never had a reason to dislike City.

Even poaching Alan Ball from us backfired on them.....

Hope they can recover and win the Prem next season.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Man City on 20:01 - Aug 16 with 665 viewsSaintsforeverj

Man City on 19:50 - Aug 16 by PatfromPoole

Yeah, I’ve never had a reason to dislike City.

Even poaching Alan Ball from us backfired on them.....

Hope they can recover and win the Prem next season.

They are also the only team, realistically that can stop Liverpool, so yeah I hope Man City come back strong next season, except for when they play us!

The other top teams have some arrogant, loud-mouth fans, let's be honest. When Saints played at Man City, we spoke to a few who were there during the division 2 days ( the old league 1). Much more down to earth, understanding of our struggles at the time and they seem to have less plastic fans than the others.

Plus, I think I'm right in saying that they haven't taken any of our players!
[Post edited 16 Aug 2020 20:04]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Man City on 22:25 - Aug 16 with 592 viewsSalisburySaint

Man City on 20:01 - Aug 16 by Saintsforeverj

They are also the only team, realistically that can stop Liverpool, so yeah I hope Man City come back strong next season, except for when they play us!

The other top teams have some arrogant, loud-mouth fans, let's be honest. When Saints played at Man City, we spoke to a few who were there during the division 2 days ( the old league 1). Much more down to earth, understanding of our struggles at the time and they seem to have less plastic fans than the others.

Plus, I think I'm right in saying that they haven't taken any of our players!
[Post edited 16 Aug 2020 20:04]

Fully agree, City fans get unfair stick, they were still getting 30,000 turning up every week in league one days,

Have never found there fans arrogant, unlike Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal, Spurs fans, and as for Chelsea amongst the worst, I love reminding their fans of how in 1990’s we drew midweek game up there with crowd of 8,000 including around a thousand Saints fans, a lot of their so called loyal fan base were absent that night
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024