Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carillo 08:39 - Sep 30 with 1237 viewsPatfromPoole

Soon off the books hopefully.....

https://as.com/futbol/2020/09/29/primera/1601405949_942606.html

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Carillo on 10:49 - Sep 30 with 1127 views1885_SFC

What a dreadful purchase he turned out to be.

Old School is Cool

Carillo on 13:56 - Sep 30 with 1042 viewsRon11

Carillo on 10:49 - Sep 30 by 1885_SFC

What a dreadful purchase he turned out to be.

But it's the supporter's fault.
It was they that demanded the club buy a strike.r
Carillo on 14:01 - Sep 30 with 1036 viewsJaySaint

Carillo on 13:56 - Sep 30 by Ron11

I don't think they meant someone as bad as him

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Carillo on 15:52 - Sep 30 with 1009 viewsSaintNick

I think that Carrillo was no worse than those around him in the 6 games or so he played, once Pellegrino left he wasn't given a chance, not saying that he would have been any good, but we will never know if he was good or bad.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Carillo on 16:05 - Sep 30 with 994 viewsSaintsforeverj

Carillo on 15:52 - Sep 30 by SaintNick

I think that Carrillo was no worse than those around him in the 6 games or so he played, once Pellegrino left he wasn't given a chance, not saying that he would have been any good, but we will never know if he was good or bad.

The club / board / Reed whoever, allowed Pellegrino to spend 18 million on his mate, and then they sacked him, 2 weeks later. The fans want to see a bit of investment in the team, but when the club will only get players under 24, for a very cheap price we are a bit stuck. Remember, Carillo was also signed at the very last minute.

The fans weren't asking for a last minute under 24 year old, with a poor goal record. They were asking for and are asking now, for some experience, even if they are free. Why can't we set our sights on a good player that will improve our team and go and get him in advance of the deadline?

Other teams are, so why can't we?
[Post edited 30 Sep 2020 16:20]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Carillo on 16:41 - Sep 30 with 944 viewsMattFinish

Yes but we didn't
Carillo on 16:49 - Sep 30 with 934 viewsMattFinish

Thing is Nick, if you look at Carrillo's record before us, with us and after us it's clear the only person who thought he was any good was Pellegrino. Even Carrillo thinks he's sh1t
Carillo on 17:04 - Sep 30 with 919 viewsPatfromPoole

He was certainly worse than Gabbiadini.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Login to get fewer ads

Carillo on 17:20 - Sep 30 with 909 viewsSaintNick

Carillo on 17:04 - Sep 30 by PatfromPoole

He was certainly worse than Gabbiadini.

Different style to Gabbiadini, we were looking for someone to compliment Gabbiadini to run around win headers and make space, in the 7 Premier League games we played we got 6 points, this was not much worse than the 9 points out of the 7 games of the season left after he was dropped.

I would say that he had two decent games out of the 7, West Brom away when we won 3-2 and Burnley away when in injury time he didn't give up on a poor Josh Sims cross and somehow got it back across goal for Gabbiadini to fire home an unlikely equaliser, that and made it 5 points out of his first 4 games and he was doing a reasonable job.

Mark Hughes came in and dropped him and we didnt get much better until the final games.

The view is he was rubbish and a waste of money, we gambled and he played a part in two vital games that ultimately could have seen us go down if we hadn't got those results

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Carillo on 18:26 - Sep 30 with 853 viewsSaintsforeverj

Carillo on 17:20 - Sep 30 by SaintNick

Different style to Gabbiadini, we were looking for someone to compliment Gabbiadini to run around win headers and make space, in the 7 Premier League games we played we got 6 points, this was not much worse than the 9 points out of the 7 games of the season left after he was dropped.

I would say that he had two decent games out of the 7, West Brom away when we won 3-2 and Burnley away when in injury time he didn't give up on a poor Josh Sims cross and somehow got it back across goal for Gabbiadini to fire home an unlikely equaliser, that and made it 5 points out of his first 4 games and he was doing a reasonable job.

Mark Hughes came in and dropped him and we didnt get much better until the final games.

The view is he was rubbish and a waste of money, we gambled and he played a part in two vital games that ultimately could have seen us go down if we hadn't got those results

Even Ayew at Palace only cost 5 million. Why is it such a hard struggle to get a player in? As a fan, I know our limits and don't demand millions to be spent. But this policy of not buying players over 24 is rediculous and ineffective. I also support bringing through young players but how hard can it be just to get an experienced defender, a defensive midfielder and a bit of cover. Carillo was another example of him being the only available player under 24, that we could afford. The attempt to bring in a player with a sell on value, cost us millions more than just bring in an experienced player and giving them more in wages. The Southampton Way is stopping us moving on.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2020 18:27]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024