Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
7th After Tonights Games 22:10 - Oct 26 with 483 viewsSaintNick

I'd have taken that going into the weekend

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

7th After Tonights Games on 10:17 - Oct 27 with 416 viewsJaySaint

Pretty decent but all very tight.
The more the bottom 3/4 keep dropping points, the better.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

7th After Tonights Games on 10:37 - Oct 27 with 395 viewsChesham_Saint

Interesting perspective Jay. At what point should we as Saints fans start to look up the table rather than down? Given a few years of being in the bottom half it’s only natural to worry about relegation from the off, I suppose.

Obviously for fans of Liverpool and Man City it never enters their heads. For Everton (who’ve never been relegated) and say, Spurs it’s also a distant worry at worst, but what’s the tipping point?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

7th After Tonights Games on 10:51 - Oct 27 with 385 viewsJaySaint

I think we will be fine. well, absolutely fine compared to the first half of last season.
However, we are bound to hit a sticky wicket, so just hope that does not do too much damage when it happens.

we are blessed at the mo by playing once a week.

One thing I do dismiss is the likes of Guardiola and co moaning about their fixture list. I remember a couple of years ago at xmas when we played so many games over a 2-3 week period. It was worse than playing sat/wed/sat. Of course, no one gave a toss

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

7th After Tonights Games on 10:58 - Oct 27 with 375 viewsChesham_Saint

7th After Tonights Games on 10:51 - Oct 27 by JaySaint

I think we will be fine. well, absolutely fine compared to the first half of last season.
However, we are bound to hit a sticky wicket, so just hope that does not do too much damage when it happens.

we are blessed at the mo by playing once a week.

One thing I do dismiss is the likes of Guardiola and co moaning about their fixture list. I remember a couple of years ago at xmas when we played so many games over a 2-3 week period. It was worse than playing sat/wed/sat. Of course, no one gave a toss

As Nick pointed out in one of his reports this time last year Bournemouth were sitting pretty and now look at them. On balance though I’m expecting/hoping for a good season. Onwards and upwards!

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

7th After Tonights Games on 15:41 - Oct 27 with 271 viewsTimSaint

7th After Tonights Games on 10:58 - Oct 27 by Chesham_Saint

As Nick pointed out in one of his reports this time last year Bournemouth were sitting pretty and now look at them. On balance though I’m expecting/hoping for a good season. Onwards and upwards!

It is refreshing to get to a double figure points tally so much earlier than in recent seasons.

We are already a quarter of the way to safety !!

It does make a hell of a difference to have the points in the bag already, whereas in previous seasons, there has been that added pressure to get off the mark, get out of the bottom 3, play catch up etc and the slightest mistake can change the game, or affect the result and therefore the confidence for the next game.

It was bizarre looking at the table at 4pm on Sunday. Only Liverpool from the big 6, in the top 6 !! I know there were other games to follow and that the likes of City and United have games in hand, but to see all those clubs up there was remarkable.

It is certainly a great start, so hopefully we can really push on. Obviously the likes of Palace, Villa, Leeds and Everton will all be saying the same and the table will change every week, but we have some decent fixtures coming up and hopefully we can kick on.

As a Saints fan though, I do look at the bottom of the table and hope that there are at least 4 or 5 teams struggling to get points. It must be a trait, as on one of my Saints WhatsApp Groups, someone posted that the Brighton v WBA draw was a good result for us - keeping those 2 teams near the bottom.

TimSaint

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024